3rd Tipboard (work) & Character Spot

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I was talking to a friend in Entertainment today and he said that the new meet and great might be opening tomorrow as his schedule says he is working at Character Spot.

Tonight after closing Character Connection they tore everything down. They got rid of all the stantions, had the garbage cans on dolleys, and were moving other stuff like tables too - all into the Character Spot through a hole in the refurb wall.

disnyfan89

Well I went to Epcot today and the New Character Spot was indeed open! It is very cool! I unfortunately didn't have a camera so no pictures! Sorry guys.

When you first enter the room you are greeted by an attendant who welcomes you tells you how to begin your "Adventure!" You follow a gray path and the first character you meet is Mickey. His "Spot" is theme to Transportation with a mural of what looks like characters from the Goofy Movie riding segways, a monorail, and a test track car. You then move on to Goofy where you are greeted by another Attendant who tells you that this is Goofy's version of mission control. In the back ground there is indeed a image of Mission control being over run with Aliens. After that you move on to Chip and Dale. The character attendant tells you that Chip and Dale are full of energy just like their surroundings. Someone got a picture of this space as well as Pluto's earlier. You then Move on to Pluto Where his surrounds look right out of Flowers and Trees. After that you meet Minnie who's space is filled with computers and cell phones and is all about Communication. After that an Attendant thanks you for coming and you exit out into the breeze way! The main room plays a mix of Disney Mania songs and then each location has individual sound efx.

I was talking to an attendant and they said this was the first time a space was created with the characters in mind which means they have things like air ducts right above them that drop cool air down on them and instead of having 12 stage lights on them they now have two "cool" lights. He also told me that this is suppose to be the future of meet and greats with similar venues being introduced around the world!

DisneyChik17

Well I went to Epcot today and the New Character Spot was indeed open! It is very cool! I unfortunately didn't have a camera so no pictures! Sorry guys.

When you first enter the room you are greeted by an attendant who welcomes you tells you how to begin your "Adventure!" You follow a gray path and the first character you meet is Mickey. His "Spot" is theme to Transportation with a mural of what looks like characters from the Goofy Movie riding segways, a monorail, and a test track car. You then move on to Goofy where you are greeted by another Attendant who tells you that this is Goofy's version of mission control. In the back ground there is indeed a image of Mission control being over run with Aliens. After that you move on to Chip and Dale. The character attendant tells you that Chip and Dale are full of energy just like their surroundings. Someone got a picture of this space as well as Pluto's earlier. You then Move on to Pluto Where his surrounds look right out of Flowers and Trees. After that you meet Minnie who's space is filled with computers and cell phones and is all about Communication. After that an Attendant thanks you for coming and you exit out into the breeze way! The main room plays a mix of Disney Mania songs and then each location has individual sound efx.

I was talking to an attendant and they said this was the first time a space was created with the characters in mind which means they have things like air ducts right above them that drop cool air down on them and instead of having 12 stage lights on them they now have two "cool" lights. He also told me that this is suppose to be the future of meet and greats with similar venues being introduced around the world!

I always thought that this would be the best and most efficiant way to handle a meet & greet. You have a large group of them and you get to mee them all. This is how they should do it in toon town. If you see one, you see them all.

Greenlawler

Just what the parks need another place to find Chip and Dale.....no offense I love those rasclas but come on some variety please!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom