Old Monrail Red

WEDROD

Original Poster
Well it looks like Monorail Red is back in Georgia. If anyone is in Atlanta come by and see it. It is located in the middle of downtown Tyrone. Does anyone know why they moved it to Orlando and back again?

WEDROD

Original Poster
I beleive the guys name is Thomas Young. I think he owns an ambulance company here in Atlanta. Why they moved it to the mousesuplus building and the back again is beyond me. Right now it is still sitting on a trailer with christmas lights on it.

brkgnews

If I remember correctly, Brian from Mouse Surplus had moved it down there to try to sell again, but the eBay auctions never met the reserve. So he sent it back.

I work over in Newnan -- I don't know why I don't try to go over there and snap a few pics.

By the way -- I think the Atlanta owner has some sort of partnership, financial interest, friendship, etc with MouseSurplus -- which explains it being here in the first place.

SewIn2Disney

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but about a week ago, there was a thread about Mousesurplus being all locked up, and weather or not they were going out of buisness. They don't have much on their ebay store, and it looks like they split into two companies, Mousesurplus, and SurplusKingdom. So maybe Mousesurplus is closing, and the guy who owned the monorail had to remove it. Just my 02 cents

Empress Room

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but about a week ago, there was a thread about Mousesurplus being all locked up, and weather or not they were going out of buisness. They don't have much on their ebay store, and it looks like they split into two companies, Mousesurplus, and SurplusKingdom. So maybe Mousesurplus is closing, and the guy who owned the monorail had to remove it. Just my 02 cents

Hmm. MouseSurplus' website seems to be up and running with no mention of any changes.

SewIn2Disney

Hmm. MouseSurplus' website seems to be up and running with no mention of any changes.

Yes, but their website rarely changes. Their forum section has old information, they never return email's, etc, which leads me to believe they don't rely on their website often or for anything. Besides, I'm just going by what I've read on here. Go look at their ebay store....its a ghost of what it used to be.

Space Mountain

I was one of their first buyers on ebay...their customer service on there has never been the greatest, but they always eventually get everything right.

SewIn2Disney

I was one of their first buyers on ebay...their customer service on there has never been the greatest, but they always eventually get everything right.
At least their auctions are not typed in all caps, and they use spell check now, it used to be horrible, esp. for someone running such a large buisness!

DubyooDeeDubyoo

I thought MouseSurplus changed owners? The stories I've heard are VERY disappointing and someone once tried to apologize for them by saying the ownership had changed hands recently.

Personally, I find it offensive how much stuff they destroy because they cannot sell. If you've got perfectly good resort materials, like couches and whatnot, you could at least give it to charity or something. There's people who don't have a bed to sleep on so it's disgusting to see you take an axe to one because you couldn't resell it as an authentic used hotel keepsake.

Epcotrob

Mouse Surplus had 3 owners. The way I understand the situation is Brian ran the buisness half (the store and retrieving of the merchandise from the parks) and his partner ran the eBay half. Together they were partners with another person. Brians partner secretly bought out the other person without Brian's knowing. He then decided to try to run the buisness the way he wanted to. I guess he made several mistakes and ended up driving a wedge between brian and himself. Brian from what I have heard took his belongings and packed up all the merch that was his and told his partner to shove it.

Last I heard was that Brian was starting a new buisness Surplus Kingdom by himself. I personaly never had a problem in the many times I have delt with and talked to Brian. I know I will continue to support him in his new buisness. I cant say much about his old partner. I never really met him or delt with him. But anyone who would go behind someones back and try to take the company for his own I would not deal with anymore. To me that kind of person cant be trusted. Thats just my personal feelings. As I said before I really dont know the guy.

Thats all I have heard on that subject. If I get anymore info I will pass it along. I will miss getting all the different pieces for the old rides and stuff. Thanks to Brian I have a seat and a shoulder restraint from Alien Encounter.

wdwsog

I wish I had a monorail in my town so I could see it whenever I wanted.

VT Gal...thanks for the compliment...Go Hokies!! beat the Georgia!!

Capt Sparrow

Well, it was a rainy day here, but I was able to take a pic of it. Not much evidence as to why it's here in GA, just parked in a rather random place.

339174798_d64f461143_o.jpg

fkflintstone

I cant believe you guys dont see whats going on,they have expanded the monorail route, track is too expensive so they are just using trailer trucks to move monorails from WDW to Georgia to pick up guests.

mikeymouse

How would one get to have disney hire them to disassemble attractions etc and then keep the stuff and resell it? Does Disney get the profit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom