Tales from the 3rd Clam-mobile (Nemo ride report)

TarzanRocked99-

The track itself is not the problem really. The issue is the final two switchbacks for the que go along side of sea base alpha. On one side you are in direct view of that whole portion of the pavillion after you have spent all that time being made to believe you were going under the water. They just need to come up with a way to block the view from the que line. I am not sure why it was designed this way as the whole que is wheelchair accessible so it was not for an alternate load or unload point. Unless someone gets a picture today I will try and take one tomorrow.

Magicot

This I think is the first Omni with load and unload in direct line of sight. Even IYHW had a `kink` in the track so you couldn`t see the start of load from unload. A wall is a no no (and there wasn`t one there for the Sea Cabs) for safety reasons; what could be used are several curtains of dark material that would easily give way if someone rode from unload to load.
What's IYHW?:veryconfu

Epcot82Guy

The view could easily be blocked and themed easily. From what I have seen, having some material pieces hanging down themed to seaweed would solve the problem and entirely blend into the themeing. Very quick, cheap fix (and a necessary one from a story standpoint).

yellowrocket

OT - define omnimover

Is it really an omnimover system if the ride vehicle doesn't rotate? The official omnimover patent that Roger Broggie filed in 1968 states that the "seats swivel to face the display". This would leave me to believe that the attraction is just a continuous ride system and not an Omnimover.

OMNIMOVER ATTRACTIONS
Haunted Mansion (DL/MK/TDL)
Phantom Manor
Adventures Through Innerspace
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin/IYHW/Dreamflight
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (DL/HKDL)
Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters (TDL)
Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (DLP)
World of Motion
Journey into Imagination (Original ONLY)

CONTINUOUS RIDE SYSTEM
Horizons
Living Seas SeaCabs
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
(?)Spaceship Earth (only rotates once)

thoughts?

JEDI1138

Is it really an omnimover system if the ride vehicle doesn't rotate? The official omnimover patent that Roger Broggie filed in 1968 states that the "seats swivel to face the display". This would leave me to believe that the attraction is just a continuous ride system and not an Omnimover.

OMNIMOVER ATTRACTIONS
Haunted Mansion (DL/MK/TDL)
Phantom Manor
Adventures Through Innerspace
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin/IYHW/Dreamflight
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (DL/HKDL)
Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters (TDL)
Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (DLP)
World of Motion
Journey into Imagination (Original ONLY)

CONTINUOUS RIDE SYSTEM
Horizons
Living Seas SeaCabs
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
(?)Spaceship Earth (only rotates once)

thoughts?

Journey into Imagination (Original or current) was never an Omnimover as it was not a continuous chain, but rather a four car train, that the cars rotated to face the preshow then back again. That was not changed for any of the versions. World of Motion only rotated slightly at load an unload for access. By the definition it really appears that the Mansions are the only ones that actually present the scenes by car positions and the rest are just Continuous Rides. Buzz however is a gray area as the riders can turn themselves to face whatever. My 2 cents.

Figment1986

This I think is the first Omni with load and unload in direct line of sight. Even IYHW had a `kink` in the track so you couldn`t see the start of load from unload. A wall is a no no (and there wasn`t one there for the Sea Cabs) for safety reasons; what could be used are several curtains of dark material that would easily give way if someone rode from unload to load.

DL's buzz has a wall with a door in it which seperates load and unload which are directly next to each other...

The door is for wheelchair/handicap guests... to load at unload yet go through the queue.

So the seas doesn't even have a wall with a door?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Journey into Imagination (Original or current) was never an Omnimover as it was not a continuous chain, but rather a four car train, that the cars rotated to face the preshow then back again. That was not changed for any of the versions. World of Motion only rotated slightly at load an unload for access. By the definition it really appears that the Mansions are the only ones that actually present the scenes by car positions and the rest are just Continuous Rides. Buzz however is a gray area as the riders can turn themselves to face whatever. My 2 cents.
The Omnimover is indeed a curious description of a ride vehicle. Technically, only Haunted Mansion(s), If You Had Wings to Take Flight, Phantom Manor and Adventures Through Innerspace were true Omnimovers; a vehicle which limited the riders point of view and could turn upto 270 degrees on it`s base. As a loose term, it can be applied to a continuous moving chain of ride vehicles;

Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin; an upgrade of the original IYHW ride system, though the car bodies were modified to allow all round views. Since the rider controls the rotation it fails on both counts as a true Omnimover now as any unfolding story view is at the riders control, not the script. Further versions are the same, the ride body being a new build.

Spaceship Earth (where the cars turn 180degrees in 180top and deviate slightly during the ascent

Horizons (no rotation at all but they did tilt)

World of Motion (no rotation at load or unload, but they did rotate slightly during the attraction and also stayed level on the ascent and decent ramps)

Journey into Imagination (90 degrees rotation but the load and unoad chain would split into the 4 car train mentioned above) - a hybrid ride system too ahead of it`s time.

The Sea Cabs (no rotation; just a continuous chain)

There again, we call a hoover a hoover as a generic term when it`s one make of vacum cleaner so as a generality Omnimover is any of the above ride systems.

tizzo

Ahhh I can't wait to go to the passholder previews this weekend!

Have you (or anyone reading this) been to a passholder preview (for any other Disney attraction) before? Do you happen to know if they are typically very crowded? I'm hoping that the reason Disney limits the preview to passholders and DVC members is to limit crowds and minimize wait times. However, it seems to me that if every passholder in central FL shows up for the preview this weekend, perhaps for the thrill or prestige of being one of the first lucky riders, then it could be as crowded, or even more crowded, than it will be a few weeks after it opens. We're thinking of going to the preview, but we don't much care about being among the first riders. The only reason we would go is if we should expect relatively short lines. Thanks.

Tony

jcowens2000

I just thought I would let ppl know that there are some video ride throughs of Nemo and Friends already on YouTube. You can see the hologram effects a little better. Looks amazing.

Jerm

Original Poster
Good I am glad someone got a better video. Mine was a "oh crap I am going on....hope my camera works!!!"

J

hankhill

Open

Just got back on Tuesday. This ride is now officially OPEN as per the Cast Members. Not soft open any longer but rather open to the general public for good. And is it just fun! I love the redesign of the queue as a beach type theme. The ride vehicles are great and while the beginning scenes are a bit weak, the EAC and the Sub scene with Bruce are phenomenal. The projection into the tank is a cute trick as well. Have at it they are waiting for you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom