One Man's Dream Rehab.

Chape19714

Original Poster
allearsnet said:
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream will be closed briefly for
refurbishment August 17 - 18. It will reopen on Saturday, August
19, 2006.
Thought you all should know. There are also some reports on extended hours for restraunts. Check out this week's issue or go to the site. Just thought I'd report it here in case anyone doesn't get the newsletter.:wave:

brkgnews

Purely a guess here, but the models of both the Jungle Cruise and the original Disneyland Castle have been out on loan (Jungle Cruise to Henry Ford Museum; DL Castle to DL for their celebration). With the timing roughly around the end of the Happiest Homecoming on Earth (DL's version of HCOE), I'm thinking maybe they're returning the models?

Scar Junior

Too bad they can't get rid of the Eisner part of the video... :( That's about as retarded as the Oil companies new commercials. The juxtaposition just doesn't work.

On a lighter note: Is anyone else hoping for some new models to be brought in?

Chape19714

Original Poster
Too bad they can't get rid of the Eisner part of the video... :( That's about as retarded as the Oil companies new commercials. The juxtaposition just doesn't work.

On a lighter note: Is anyone else hoping for some new models to be brought in?
Eisner was removed from the Movie when Iger took over. The clips are now all out, the film is new, and narrated by Julie Andrews. She only narrates, she does not appear.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Eisner was removed from the Movie when Iger took over. The clips are now all out, the film is new, and narrated by Julie Andrews. She only narrates, she does not appear.

yeah u beat me to it, i was just about to say the same thing. i really loved One Mans Dream, i hope they keep it there forever. Inorder to move into the future, we must always know whats in our past.

Chape19714

Original Poster
yeah u beat me to it, i was just about to say the same thing. i really loved One Mans Dream, i hope they keep it there forever. Inorder to move into the future, we must always know whats in our past.
Very True. I believe it was sceduled to leave MGM after the 100 years of magic celebration, which it opened for. Thankfully, they have decided to keep it longer. I would not at all mind if it was moved back to the Expo. Hall on Main Street, if MGM decides to get rid of it.

Scar Junior

Oh... thank god! That's a much better fit. (obviously) I haven't been on it since the switch. I'll have to check it out this fall.

Tigger1988

Wow, I had no clue Eisner was taken out, I didn't get a chance to see it my past trip. But now with Julie Andrews narrating I can't wait to see it!

dxwwf3

The Andrews narration is a fine replacement. I actually think Eisner did a great job on his video and narration for the original film, but Andrews did a fantastic job as well.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Please stop this stupid Eisner bashing... Michael Eisner made Disney to what it is today...:cool:

So stop saying things you don't know anything about... :lookaroun

Corrus. We all know you're Eisner. You can come out now. We wont get mad, we promise. :wave:

(Cuz, I mean come one....who else would say something like that? :hammer: )

lol :D

MMP

Eisner did a lot of good when he first came into power but he did a lot of bad towards the end of his reign.

Please stop this stupid Eisner bashing... Michael Eisner made Disney to what it is today...:cool:

So stop saying things you don't know anything about... :lookaroun

Would that be a stock that hasn't moved in the past ten years? Eisner deserves the bad press just as much as the good press, and prior to his end it was pretty bad. You're only as good as your last at bat. So the home runs that Eisner hit in the late eighties and early-to-mid nineties were wiped out by his poor performances of the late nineties and early millennium.

Sorry, but people are saying things that they DO know a GREAT DEAL about.

DisneyRoxMySox

Would that be a stock that hasn't moved in the past ten years?

You're kidding me right? I bought stock in 2001 when it was trading at $19, that year it had a 52 week low of $15.

This year it has had a high of $31.99 and is currenty trading around $29.

No, it hasn't moved at all. It also has been reporting greatly the past four quarters. :D

I guess Corrus forgot how Roy was treated, how Pixar was treated, how the Parks were being neglected, how ABC was put into 4th place, how Feature Animation was destroyed? By my estimation, Eisner owes Disney $500,000,000 for the honor of being CEO of The Walt Disney Co. for his last five years of..uhhhh......errrr.....work? :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom