Chaos at Twitter

Sage of Time

Eagerly awaiting Musk selling the whole damn thing off.

Remember when everyone thought Disney would buy it? In retrospect, that would have been great.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

Better than ever!
Musk’s investment in Twitter is now worth $8.8 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, which uses Fidelity’s valuation to calculate the value of his holding. Musk spent more than $25 billion to acquire an estimated 79% stake in the company last year.

The latest markdown erases about $850 million from Musk’s $187 billion fortune, according to the index. Despite Twitter’s issues, Musk’s wealth is up more than $48 billion this year, largely due to a 63% surge in Tesla Inc.’s share price.

Do you really think he cares? He has the money to do what he wants.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Better than ever!
At least Twitter, right now, is worth thousands times more that its actual real world worthiness!

So, Musk's got that going for him!!

Jeffxz

Did Disney stop advertising on Twitter? I used to see a lot of promoted tweets and hashtags but I haven’t seen any in the last few days. Admittedly, I’m not on Twitter very much anymore and maybe I’m just not seeing them.

Edit: after 5 days of not seeing a single disney ad on twitter, I am now seeing tons of them. So it appears nothing has changed. Probably just twitter not targeting me for disney ads for the last week.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

So apparently Twitter might have been hit with a DDoS attack from Twitter…

mysto

how do we feel about X?
I like the bird better. I think X will stand out better in our heads from the other chat platforms and support expansion. So I think Musk is probably right as usual, annoyingly.

Regarding the drop in value; Musk is in a position to not care about a loss even on this scale. I don't think he bought it to make a quick buck.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Because of Twitter's failing brand appreciation due to Musk's purchase of Twitter, Musk's growing unpopularity, and his constantly changing aspects of Twitter, Musk has decided to rebrand it make it *more* associated with Musk and by changing an aspect of it. Genius!

By the way, we all still know Meta is Facebook and Alphabet is Google.

lazyboy97o

Because of Twitter's failing brand appreciation due to Musk's purchase of Twitter, Musk's growing unpopularity, and his constantly changing aspects of Twitter, Musk has decided to rebrand it make it *more* associated with Musk and by changing an aspect of it. Genius!

By the way, we all still know Meta is Facebook and Alphabet is Google.
You just don’t under the secret genius of a logo that can’t be trademarked!

lazyboy97o

This is an interesting and enigmatic comment, what would be the consequences if he didn't buy twitter? I feel like he could retire immediately and do nothing, so what is required of Elon Musk?
Twitter sued Elon for breach of contract. They had made an acquisition deal and Elon almost immediately tried to walk away from it. They were in the middle of the trial when Elon finally relented and agreed to go forward at $44 billion and not a lower amount like he had also tried to get as a alternate to trying to walk away. The trial was not going well for Elon. He might have lucked into only paying some substantial penalties but was likely going to be ordered by the court to buy Twitter.

Musk also didn’t personally finance the entire deal. He took out some substantial loans as well as funding from the likes of the Saudis.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Twitter sued Elon for breach of contract. They had made an acquisition deal and Elon almost immediately tried to walk away from it. They were in the middle of the trial when Elon finally relented and agreed to go forward at $44 billion and not a lower amount like he had also tried to get as a alternate to trying to walk away. The trial was not going well for Elon. He might have lucked into only paying some substantial penalties but was likely going to be ordered by the court to buy Twitter.

Musk also didn’t personally finance the entire deal. He took out some substantial loans as well as funding from the likes of the Saudis.
He had a very small amount of his own money in the buy. He also held a lot of Twitter stock which dropped like a rock. Whether it stays low or goes high decides if it was a good investment. In the long run I am not sure if he cares.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom