News Orlando International Airport forecasts big increase in air travel this Memorial Day weekend suggesting a busy period for Walt Disney World theme park

The Mom

Premium Member
I dropped my neighbors off at the Jacksonville airport last Friday, and the parking lot was full! I've only seen that around Christmas in the past. I can't imagine how busy it will be tomorrow.

Fortunately my son is flying in late Sat night, so it might not be as busy. Especially as it isn't a holiday weekend in Spain, and he's changing flights in Miami to JAX, which shouldn't be a busy flight.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The number one domestic feeder airport to MCO is Newark. I just rebooked my United flight for Saturday because the price actually went down not up. Curious if there is such high demand for the price to go the wrong way.

TheMaxRebo

Interesting - I know our school have a long weekend (5 days as we didn't use all our snow days) maybe other areas in similar situation so people trying to get a long weekend vacation in with warm weather before getting into Summer when kids have camp and it just gets super hot on FL?

EPCOT-O.G.

And yet…

IMG_0966.jpeg
IMG_0967.png

Reservations - both park and resort - are easy to come by. Hotels are wide open and available WITH a summer discount.

Florida tourism seems to be doing fine. Disney not so much.

Epcotfan21

We’re coming to Disney for the weekend from South Florida and fully expect the parks to be crowded for the holiday. Luckily our friends that have a club 33 membership invited us to go with them, so we don’t have to wait in any ride lines. You wouldn’t catch me there on a holiday weekend otherwise.

Patcheslee

Interesting - I know our school have a long weekend (5 days as we didn't use all our snow days) maybe other areas in similar situation so people trying to get a long weekend vacation in with warm weather before getting into Summer when kids have camp and it just gets super hot on FL?
Today was our districts last day of school, nieces was last week. A few other last day is tomorrow.

Smugpugmug

I'll be at the parks (AK and Epcot) tomorrow. We'll see if it's actually super busy or not. Genie+ has been $22 for the entire week but I doubt the dynamic pricing vs. crowd levels means anything anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom