News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

MagicHappens1971

He may get mocked by opponents from all sides if he walks away and it looks like Disney outsmarted him. .
“President Trump wrote ‘Art of the Deal’ and brokered Middle East peace. Ron DeSantis got out-negotiated by Mickey Mouse,” said Taylor Budowich, the head of a pro-Trump super PAC, on Twitter.

He’s already being mocked and rightfully so.

Smiley/OCD

Thank you. The article I quoted earlier didn't include the "living as of the date of this Declaration" bit, plus I was thrown by the reference to "the last survivor", which I mistakenly interpreted as referring to future generations. I see now that "the last survivor of the descendants" is meant to be understood as "the last surviving descendant".
Pardon my ignorance, but does “last survivor” mean the descendants as of the time this was adopted or does this term get extended if Kate or Meghan have additional children?
Either way, this was a BRILLIANT move…

ctrlaltdel

Have to eat crow, I was shocked when Disney announced they were going to do nothing when this took effect, but little did I know they had already won. And yes, all of this would have been public information easily found and digested by anyone who took the time to go through things.

But as someone who works in local government, I could tell you that volunteer board members not knowing what is going on until the first meeting is par for the course.

Sir_Cliff

“President Trump wrote ‘Art of the Deal’ and brokered Middle East peace. Ron DeSantis got out-negotiated by Mickey Mouse,” said Taylor Budowich, the head of a pro-Trump super PAC, on Twitter.

He’s already being mocked and rightfully so.
Indeed!

Still, the fact it is so easy to make these kinds of comments probably speaks to why he shouldn't try to get too involved with whatever comes next. It might be the biggest entertainment company in the world with a formidable legal team, but Disney in most people's minds will always be Mickey Mouse and cartoon musicals which makes it easy to paint him as obsessed with petty, ridiculous issues if he becomes too associated with it.

flyakite

One of the board members (Ziegler) had this to say on Twitter yesterday:

“The arrogance of @Disney continues… from ignoring parents and allowing radicals to sexualize our children, to now ignoring Florida taxpayers by sneaking in a last minute sweetheart development agreement, Disney has once again overplayed their hand in Florida.

We won’t stand for this and we won’t back down.

If unlawful actions were taken, this development agreement will be nullified.”

Smiley/OCD

A bit off topic but does anyone know if the King has visited a Disney park?

I know Diana took William and Harry in the 90s and stayed at the GF but I can’t find anything to say King Charles has ever visited. With his interests in architecture and farming a visit to the land at Epcot or celebration would be a good fit at some point IMO.

It a great thing that log didn’t fail when they were on Splash!!!

Secondly, Iger should give the Royal Family a parade every year down Main Street and lifetime passes to the parks…

Chi84

Premium Member

“The arrogance of @Disney continues… from ignoring parents and allowing radicals to sexualize our children, to now ignoring Florida taxpayers by sneaking in a last minute sweetheart development agreement, Disney has once again overplayed their hand in Florida.

That's a big "if."

JohnD

A bit off topic but does anyone know if the King has visited a Disney park?

I know Diana took William and Harry in the 90s and stayed at the GF but I can’t find anything to say King Charles has ever visited. With his interests in architecture and farming a visit to the land at Epcot or celebration would be a good fit at some point IMO.
Well, you are correct that future King William V visited WDW with his mother and brother.

mightynine

Indeed!

Still, the fact it is so easy to make these kinds of comments probably speaks to why he shouldn't try to get too involved with whatever comes next. It might be the biggest entertainment company in the world with a formidable legal team, but Disney in most people's minds will always be Mickey Mouse and cartoon musicals which makes it easy to paint him as obsessed with petty, ridiculous issues if he becomes too associated with it.
He might not want to get involved, but it felt like every headline about this was "DeSantis' Board XXXXXX" so he's in there now.

“...

Such bold threats from the Per Diem Posse.

Prince-1

"allowing radicals to sexualize our children..." 😂 Ziegler is proving that this new board is made up of morons and idiots.

Figgy1

Premium Member

That's a big "if."
Galaxy sized if. Disney's legal team is known for being ruthless and thorough. I have little doubt they've got contingency plans for their contingency plans with every t crossed and every i dotted

lazyboy97o

Indeed!

Welcome to the peculiarities of US presidential candidates actually get on the ballot. Right now he isn’t trying to appeal to most people. He actually doesn’t even need to appeal to most Republican primary voters in order to clench the nomination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom