Disney Rewards Visa Fail

maryr

Original Poster
Does anyone else immediately see this Disney Rewards Visa card design as the Magic Kingdom with predicted global sea level rise? I'm SO surprised this made it past reviews...

Attachments

• DisneyRewardsCardDesignFail2023.jpg
    DisneyRewardsCardDesignFail2023.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 263

JIMINYCR

We got the mailing and I hate all the new designs. I immediately thought they were at least telling the truth that Disneys going under water and needs an immediate bail out.

Smiley/OCD

Does anyone else immediately see this Disney Rewards Visa card design as the Magic Kingdom with predicted global sea level rise? I'm SO surprised this made it past reviews...
That never clicked with me, but I was curious about the “Splash” look alike in the right…

AEfx

LOL, thought this thread was going to be about the fact that the Disney Visa cards are pretty much the worst credit card deal out there. If you qualify for one, there are much better cards out there that give much better cash rewards.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
LOL, thought this thread was going to be about the fact that the Disney Visa cards are pretty much the worst credit card deal out there. If you qualify for one, there are much better cards out there that give much better cash rewards.
I only use mine at the parks for the 3%, otherwise yeah, it stays in my sock drawer. My main use card are my Citi Double Cash (2% on everything), and in the same vein as my Disney Visa, my Amazon Prime Card is Amazon only, my Amex BCE is grocery only, my Discover It is rotating categories only, and my Capital One Savor One card is dining/non-Disney entertainment only.

And the travel cards - AA/Jetblue cards for free checked bags and Amex Platinum for lounge access.

I'm averaging a several thousand per year in cash back this way, since I also use my Citi Double Cash and Amazon Prime card for reimbursable work expenses (plus several thousand in free checked bags, airport meals, and airport drinks through the airline cards).

Paying cash is nice, but it's also stupid if you can maximize cashback and other benefits without going into debt.

AEfx

I'm averaging a several thousand per year in cash back this way, since I also use my Citi Double Cash and Amazon Prime card for reimbursable work expenses (plus several thousand in free checked bags, airport meals, and airport drinks through the airline cards).

Paying cash is nice, but it's also stupid if you can maximize cashback and other benefits without going into debt.
Yup - of course, if people need to carry balances, then pretty much any rewards program is moot - you are going to end up paying more in interest than you will get in rewards in most cases.

I too put my purchases between a few cards, and last year I made the equivalent of two weeks take-home pay between rewards/sign up bonuses/etc.

But even for those that don't play the "rewards game", the Disney card is a terrible main card to use. I see people who put all their monthly expenses on one for the Disney gift card rewards, thousands of bucks a month, and I always want to tell them even if they just switch to one other card, in almost all cases, the rewards are going to be much better (and they are cash rewards you can spend anywhere, or just apply to your bill, not just Disney's convoluted gift card redemption system).

Basically, the only benefits of the Disney card are to use it for discounts in the parks - other than that, the card is stuck with a reward program that might have been decent a decade ago, but is far outpaced by basically every other rewards card out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom