News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

dmw

In the Parks
No
The illusion of height that is going to be lost when that stump is gone is going to be severe.
A real shame they're not topping it with a tree at least, even if the structure couldn't support a tree and a boat as originally imagined.
Where is the (earffel? ;) ) water tower going? If it was the top of the mountain, that could add to the illusion of height.

tanc

I wonder how much of a nightmare it will be to convert this. I'm interested to see how the interior will look for the queue. Are they going to repaint it all white? Who knows, all I know is there is a long way to go. I don't have high hopes this will be done in 2024 but I probably am wrong.

Ghost93

I wonder how much of a nightmare it will be to convert this. I'm interested to see how the interior will look for the queue. Are they going to repaint it all white? Who knows, all I know is there is a long way to go. I don't have high hopes this will be done in 2024 but I probably am wrong.
I'm pretty sure it won't be done in 2024, but they just announced that date so that the people clamoring for the retheme wouldn't feel like Disney abandoned the project.

The main reason I don't think the ride will be ready until 2025 or later is that Disney Plus changed the release date of the Tiana animated series from 2024 to "coming soon." I suspect they want the release of the series to coincide with the opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure and feel that the ride won't make the 2024 deadline.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I'm pretty sure it won't be done in 2024, but they just announced that date so that the people clamoring for the retheme wouldn't feel like Disney abandoned the project.

The main reason I don't think the ride will be ready until 2025 or later is that Disney Plus changed the release date of the Tiana animated series from 2024 to "coming soon." I suspect they want the release of the series to coincide with the opening of Tiana's Bayou Adventure and feel that the ride won't make the 2024 deadline.
I don't think this will slip because it's their big "new" ride for 2024 and they seem to like having at least one big "new" thing to promote each year. If anything, I could see 2025 being rather light as Epic will take up all the oxygen anyway and then they can spend 2026-2030 having new D and E rides each year with their new mini-lands.

JoeCamel

The illusion of height that is going to be lost when that stump is gone is going to be severe.
A real shame they're not topping it with a tree at least, even if the structure couldn't support a tree and a boat as originally imagined.
Maybe that is a good thing with people wondering where this mountain was in LA? Make it shorter and not so jarring.

Disstevefan1

Resistance is futile. Whatever we get, we get.

My worry from the start is for how long this will be closed.

It looks like they are working at a good pace?

Smiley/OCD

Where is the (earffel? ;) ) water tower going? If it was the top of the mountain, that could add to the illusion of height.
The water tower can be seen in the artist’s renderings…if looking at it straight on, it appears to be on the right side of the drop, approximately a third to halfway down the mountain…it’s not going in the very top. It would really look out of place at the very top.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

A lot of D+ shows got reassigned to 'coming soon.'

Most likely because Disney is slowing down the release of new content on D+/Hulu in order to save money and show D+ finally making a profit, which is all that Wall Street cares about right now so that the dividends will start flow again.

The spice dividends must flow!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would think that they'd want the illusion of as little height as possible since the greater NOLA is pretty flat.

"See, it's not a *mountain* per se!"

SuddenStorm

It feels like the opposite approach of Splash Mountain in a weird way. It was almost entirely marketed as a thrill ride and they hardly ever mentioned Song of the South.

Now that's an interesting point. Splash's entire marketing campaign was that it was a thrill ride with a huge drop.

With this- they have to downplay the drop as much as possible, as Tiana is a property that appeals primarily to elementary school girls, a completely different demographic than those attracted to a giant, scary drop.

SuddenStorm

To be fair, everyone will be able to see the drop; it's not like it's hidden. I don't think they can pretend (or intend to pretend) it's just a standard dark ride.

Forced perspective can go a long way in making the drop seem smaller. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the facade changes were an attempt to make the ride seem as short as possible.

LittleBuford

Now that's an interesting point. Splash's entire marketing campaign was that it was a thrill ride with a huge drop.

With this- they have to downplay the drop as much as possible, as Tiana is a property that appeals primarily to elementary school girls, a completely different demographic than those attracted to a giant, scary drop.
I wouldn’t say that Splash’s characters—cute singing animals—were any more obviously suited to a thrill ride.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom