If Disney has a "Mount Rushmore" who is on it?

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I agree that Eisner would be a good pick. He began the process that turned Disney into the juggernaut it is today, expanding the brand into various new markets and further ingraining Disney into pop culture.

I had to think for a bit, but my choice for the fourth slot is Marc Davis. One of the Nine Old Men and an original Imagineer who played a crucial role in bringing to life some of Disney's all time classic animations and attractions.

baskinthemagic

Livin' to Bask in the Magic!
rushmore.jpg

Marc Davis Fan

Honestly, I think John Hench should be in the running. He really solidified the fundamental theme park design principles that are used to this day.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
And list that doesn’t include Roy E isn’t serious…
He literally is most responsible for transitioning Disney into a modern company and what allowed it to do and pay for whatever it wanted

Agree. To me I think it is Walt, Roy, Roy Jr. at the very least. Very hard to not have Roy Jr. in there since he basically saved Disney animation. And he brought in Eisner. And I think Eisner is every bit as good as anyone else for that 4th spot on Mount Rushmore. But I can definitely leave things up for debate. I didn't mention Ub Iwerks, who himself is pretty important.

JohnD

Okay so obviously Walt and Roy are locks. But who fills in the last two spots? Roy Disney Jr? Michael Eisner? The Sherman Brothers?

Just in before someone does it, but this will NOT include any of the cartoon characters. Sorry Mick.
My thoughts go to the two statues - Partners with Walt and Mickey and the Roy/Minnie bench statue at the front of the park. So, Walt, Roy, Mickey, and Minnie. But that breaks your rules.

So Walt, Lillian, and the Two Roys.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My thoughts go to the two statues - Partners with Walt and Mickey and the Roy/Minnie bench statue at the front of the park. So, Walt, Roy, Mickey, and Minnie. But that breaks your rules.

So Walt, Lillian, and the Two Roys.
I can respect that…

But while the Disney brothers get most of the credit for establishing the brand and reputation…the modern disney is a behemoth well beyond their capability.

They gave control to the son…in an ultimate show of 20th century stupidity/nepotism…
How ridiculous.

Roy E is high on my list too because he was dismissed and fought to get in and came up with an amazing plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom