News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disney Glimpses

Just curious. Anyone know where they get these aerial images? I thought it was a no fly zone, but I suppose a good enough camera far enough away would be sufficient. It seems like it would be so hard to hide surprises in modern times.
There are waivers that can be obtained but usually this is when the park is closed. Contrary to popular belief, not all of Disney World is covered in the TFR; only EPCOT and Magic Kingdom (though you can get really close to EPCOT still).

However, in this case, based on the image quality here it looks like they are outside of the TFR and he is using very powerful zoom lenses.

Unbanshee

Just curious. Anyone know where they get these aerial images? I thought it was a no fly zone, but I suppose a good enough camera far enough away would be sufficient. It seems like it would be so hard to hide surprises in modern times.

You can read the flight restrictions here. All of WDW is fair game above 3,000 feet. In order to get below 3,000 feet, you have to be outside of the radius, which means that flying over DHS and DAK you can be below 3,000 feet

Disney Glimpses

You can read the flight restrictions here. All of WDW is fair game above 3,000 feet. In order to get below 3,000 feet, you have to be outside of the radius, which means that flying over DHS and DAK you can be below 3,000 feet

While above 3,000 feet is not covered by the TFR, you'd still need an FAA airspace waiver to fly at that height (so not really fair game or comparable to the lower airspace around DHS/DAK).

Unbanshee

While above 3,000 feet is not covered by the TFR, you'd still need an FAA airspace waiver to fly at that height (so not really fair game or comparable to the lower airspace around DHS/DAK).

Are you talking about a certain types of aircraft? Helicopter tours do offer flights above MK/EPCOT, it just needs to be above 3,000 feet

Disney Glimpses

Are you talking about a certain types of aircraft? Helicopter tours do offer flights above MK/EPCOT, it just needs to be above 3,000 feet
No, in general. Yes and they routinely waivers with a specific criteria (time, duration). It's why most Disney chopper tours solely advertise DAK/DHS and not MK/EPCOT because the former is more challenging and constrained. But this isn't because of Disney. It's because outside of the TFR there is only FAA controlled airspace.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

I love how they are acting like the water tower being built is some sort of great achievement as if we never seen disney build the Earful towers or the Disney Springs tower, or even the explodey tower in Catastrophe canyon or as it's now known CARS-tastrophe....canyon.... ugh
Literally all they said is that the water tower will be added this summer.

Your bias is showing.

TomboyJanet

Literally all they said is that the water tower will be added this summer.

Your bias is showing.
Yeah but I was clickbaited by a ITM article and you know how those are!

It was all like BIG DETAILS REVEALED ABOUT TIANA RIDE PROGRESS and I was like ooo did they add a real plot? but no.

I actually tried REALLLY hard to like this ride. I am actually a fan of the movie. I think Tiana is cool! It's just that I want a ride where you do more than just plan for and attend a celebration. It's like riding a ride that takes you through a supermarket where you pick out some food and then go to see people dance for 2 minutes. When it comes to water rides, If there is a waterfalls, there needs to be peril! Nobody sends someone over a waterfall because they want to be their friend!

Also stop taking me so seriously. I'm complaining but I'm trying to complain in a silly over the top way to make me feel better. :p!!! I mean come on I said the word EXPLODEY!

or even the explodey<-----(SEE!) tower in Catastrophe canyon

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Yeah but I was clickbaited by a ITM article and you know how those are!

It was all like BIG DETAILS REVEALED ABOUT TIANA RIDE PROGRESS and I was like ooo did they add a real plot? but no.

I actually tried REALLLY hard to like this ride. I am actually a fan of the movie. I think Tiana is cool! It's just that I want a ride where you do more than just plan for and attend a celebration. It's like riding a ride that takes you through a supermarket where you pick out some food and then go to see people dance for 2 minutes. When it comes to water rides, If there is a waterfalls, there needs to be peril! Nobody sends someone over a waterfall because they want to be their friend!

Also stop taking me so seriously. I'm complaining but I'm trying to complain in a silly over the top way to make me feel better. :p!!! I mean come on I said the word EXPLODEY!
This thread is specifically not the thread for complaining.

There are plenty of other threads for that if you feel the need.

Incomudro

This thread is specifically not the thread for complaining.

There are plenty of other threads for that if you feel the need.
Ok, then I'll frame it in the idea of construction:
Disney certainly has been presenting this water tower and its crown as some sort great design statement.
The shopping mall where my gym is in Old Bridge NJ has a faux water tower as part of its theme too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney Fans: Blast Disney! They aren't keeping us informed about the retheme progress!!

Also Disney Fans: Blast Disney! How dare they give us information about the retheme progress as if we cared!!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Disney Fans: Blast Disney! They aren't keeping us informed about the retheme progress!!

Also Disney Fans: Blast Disney! How dare they give us information about the retheme progress as if we cared!!

Number 2 doesn't exist. Of course we all care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom