News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I believe it is 60 days.
1679090578958.gif

Smiley/OCD

What if they swapped out characters on a rotating basis…maybe add some classic SW characters from the original trilogy. I think it may be time to start thinking outside the box and making the experience more “inclusive” to old timers like me…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What if they swapped out characters on a rotating basis…maybe add some classic SW characters from the original trilogy. I think it may be time to start thinking outside the box and making the experience more “inclusive” to old timers like me…
What has lead you to believe they are anywhere close to being Intune/in command of their ip to suggest they can thread the needle on this?

You almost can’t do worse on the whole than they have in 10 years. This was never that hard.

…ok…dc is worse…but that’s also being studied in think tanks 🤯

Smiley/OCD

What has lead you to believe they are anywhere close to being Intune/in command of their ip to suggest they can thread the needle on this?

You almost can’t do worse on the whole than they have in 10 years. This was never that hard.

…ok…dc is worse…but that’s also being studied in think tanks 🤯
I know, how DARE I use logic or common sense in any Disney discussions…lol

kingdead

Man, make them do the Death Star run ride. They did how many Death Stars and there's still not a ride where you blow one up? Bonus: if they set it in the old trilogy none of the actors are going to get cancelled, forcing them to swap out the animatronic for a leftover Na'Vi shaman.

EPCOT-O.G.

I love LOGIC…ask anyone…

What I “dislove” is acting as though they know how to read their customers and Course correct at all…
They’ve lost it. And used to be the very best at it
I think it goes deeper than that. I think any movement towards the OT is viewed within LFL as “letting the neckbeards win.” I mean, they can pay all that money to a CM to walk around uninterrupted as Vi Moradi, or pay the same amount to have a Vader walk around. We know which one would juice attendance and generate some vibrancy to the land, but they keep choosing the former.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Man, make them do the Death Star run ride. They did how many Death Stars and there's still not a ride where you blow one up? Bonus: if they set it in the old trilogy none of the actors are going to get cancelled, forcing them to swap out the animatronic for a leftover Na'Vi shaman.
Well it’s been a running joke for decades on the Disney forums now…but the “x wing coaster” has always been the no brainer way to go.

The return of the Jedi end sequence has always been what the fans and the public wanted…whether they know it or not.

Trust me on this

I can write a book about it. I’ll stop.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think it goes deeper than that. I think any movement towards the OT is viewed within LFL as “letting the neckbeards win.” I mean, they can pay all that money to a CM to walk around uninterrupted as Vi Moradi, or pay the same amount to have a Vader walk around. We know which one would juice attendance and generate some vibrancy to the land, but they keep choosing the former.
Well it’s a familiar tangent to talk about how bad the LFL management and the directives given to it have been. And the collateral damage is impossible to fully grasp.

So that’s another box we should leave the lid on

note2001

I just fell down a rabbit hole I really don't comprehend: financial analysis of the economy. I adore a good set of graphs and that's how I was pulled in. The conclusion, based on history and what we saw this past week is that we are without a doubt in or near a recession. If not today, then very, very soon. (I won't post the graphs here unless asked as that's a tangent we don't need.)

My point in mentioning this is we know Disney is trying to be proactive in reacting to the economy. They have been ordered to cut jobs (5,000, 1000 of which are coming from open positions). Those who are on the list are being identified and layoffs will be happening in April.

The StarCruiser already struggling. Disney has no intention of keeping the experience alive with all its expenses if people will be cancelling out due to the economic uncertainty. We may be looking at the final days of the StarCruiser already.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just fell down a rabbit hole I really don't comprehend: financial analysis of the economy. I adore a good set of graphs and that's how I was pulled in. The conclusion, based on history and what we saw this past week is that we are without a doubt in or near a recession. If not today, then very, very soon. (I won't post the graphs here unless asked as that's a tangent we don't need.)

My point in mentioning this is we know Disney is trying to be proactive in reacting to the economy. They have been ordered to cut jobs (5,000, 1000 of which are coming from open positions). Those who are on the list are being identified and layoffs will be happening in April.

The StarCruiser already struggling. Disney has no intention of keeping the experience alive with all its expenses if people will be cancelling out due to the economic uncertainty. We may be looking at the final days of the StarCruiser already.
The numbers don’t look good.

But that doesn’t cover star cruiser really at all. Even damaged - Star was fandom is still one of the biggest of any type on earth…
So running out of runway in a staggering 9 months says there’s a much bigger issue than “belt tightening”

It’s a failure. If happens. But the excuses are a waste of energy.

note2001

The numbers don’t look good.

But that doesn’t cover star cruiser really at all. Even damaged - Star was fandom is still one of the biggest of any type on earth…
So running out of runway in a staggering 9 months says there’s a much bigger issue than “belt tightening”

It’s a failure. If happens. But the excuses are a waste of energy.
I agree. Disney totally over estimated the value of the resort to the fan base. They chose to price it out as an elite value figuring fans would somehow find a way to keep coming. That decision alone was a strange one, but then if they didn't try it they'd never know if the interest was there to sustain it at that price.

What I'm saying is here we are looking at discounts for 20-30% off, reduced number of experiences... and all these may not even happen. Disney may just shutter the resort and leave it to rot soon. I suppose they could use it as an event rental property for companies who did well through these times.

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

Which definition of recession are you relying on? The one conventionally used and understood for decades? Or the one used to claim we didn’t experience one recently?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Which definition of recession are you relying on? The one conventionally used and understood for decades? Or the one used to claim we didn’t experience one recently?
I’ve been fascinated by the rhetoric on this for now years…
The business world used to just accept recessions as part of life and deal with the pain.

Now they do not…they move the goalposts and make every daily occurrence a chance to “benefit”

My gut says it was the financial bailout of 2008-9 that changed the game. Reinforced by the $6 tril in “emergency” Covid money…some of it was long before Covid (the lead was buried there)…

But interesting nonetheless

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Just as a side note have they actually marketed starcruiser outside of the US at all ? I know in the UK they show it but when you click the links it basically tells you to call, I have done so and was basically told at the time there was no option for non US to book a "cruise"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just as a side note have they actually marketed starcruiser outside of the US at all ? I know in the UK they show it but when you click the links it basically tells you to call, I have done so and was basically told at the time there was no option for non US to book a "cruise"
Never heard that?

But even if true…wouldn’t put a dent in the problem anyway

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I agree. Disney totally over estimated the value of the resort to the fan base. They chose to price it out as an elite value figuring fans would somehow find a way to keep coming. That decision alone was a strange one, but then if they didn't try it they'd never know if the interest was there to sustain it at that price.

What I'm saying is here we are looking at discounts for 20-30% off, reduced number of experiences... and all these may not even happen. Disney may just shutter the resort and leave it to rot soon. I suppose they could use it as an event rental property for companies who did well through these times.
Were there any surveys done at WDW regarding the Starcruiser?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom