Moana, Mirabel and Figment meet and greet details confirmed for Walt Disney World

UofMGuy423

For Disney movies are not simply budget & box office numbers. The movie is consistently one of the most streamed on Disney+, sells tons of merch and has a big following now.

And Strange World also had big Disney Plus streaming numbers recently, and overtook Encanto as the #1 film, but I doubt even a M&G will come from that.

As I said above, my point was the likelihood of an entire attraction to Encanto beyond a dedicated M&G seems to be a stretch given Disney's financial issues lately. I suppose we'll see if demand is consistent like Frozen (without any announced sequels and franchise opportunities) or if it wanes like Tangled, etc. and the M&G is all ya see.

brb1006

WDW:
We really care about our guests. Look, we’re adding Moana and Mirabel. We’ve brought back character dining with all the exact same characters as before. Guests just love it!

Disneyland:
We’ve had Moana and Mirabel for over a year. Miguel meets everyday. We had Bianca and Bernard. It took you guys forever to add Mando. Our hard tickets had Bruno, Madam Mim and Ernesto De La Cruz. Guess who we’re adding now?

View attachment 704403
Disneyland also has all three of Duchess' kittens(Marie, Toulouse, and Berlioz) from The Aristocats together during the Christmas seasons since 2018.

And the Cheshire Cat since 2020.

brb1006

I guess this says something about human nature and never being satisfied, but dear god, I never thought moving close to Disney World would result in just constant looking at Disneyland and wanting to be there instead.
It's only a matter of time until they finally create a walkaround version of Fifi the Peke.

brb1006

Is WDW still avoiding a Zootopia m&g because of the concerns of weird furry people or is that just being too cheap too?
Considering the Robin Hood characters (Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Prince John, Little John) were meetable at the Disney Parks for decades (although become rare in recent years) before the idea of furries were even a thing. It's because of WDW being too cheap.

Cmdr_Crimson

What characters currently appear at WDW that don’t appear at DL? Kevin is the only one I can think of, and I’m pretty sure we only got him because of the Up Bird Show. I guess Figment will be #2 soon.
Oswald and Ortensia..But, I Think they just appear during RunDisney events..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And Tangled got a bathroom.

It still was a box office dud despite the creative accounting of other departments within Disney. My point was the likelihood of an entire attraction, and the budget devoted to it, seems to be blue sky thinking and the M&G is probably the extent of it. Two years post film release and we're getting a M&G that's not even open in the evening.
Tangled got prime real estate in M&Gs, Parades, and shows. She and her IP is featured three times a day in the castle show. Her big romantic scene is a hightlight of HEA. She got a cartoon series.

Why? She scored well.

For you to simply repeating that Encanto was a box office dud is just agreeing with what I said. I acknowledge it failed to make a profit.

But it scored well. And all the things I've already said about Encanto are still true despite you ignoring it and just focusing on one aspect of the movie: It's box office.

It took a quite a while for Tiana and her IP to grow into a big presence in the park. And now Tiana will have her own ride in addition to all the other places she shows up. BTW, PatF also lost money in the theatrical window.

It's a good thing Disney knows how to leverage good IP looking past it's first monetization window. Otherwise, Winnie the Pooh would have been removed the parks.

What you're failing to pick up on is that an IP makes more money when it's a franchise. And being a franchise doesn't necessarily mean sequel movies. It can mean also having M&Gs, TV shows, comics, merch, parades, restaurants, live shows, music, etc... Not to mention being part of the synergistic marketing device of being a "Disney Princess" or being representative of "The Disney Brand."

Inspired Figment

While I love that Pete is out to meet n greet with guests again, I really, truly will ‘never’ understand why they feel this need to portray or make Pete all sweet and friendly with everyone now… he should have a mischevious/mean sneer on his face than all smiles.
48C50D6B-71D7-4399-8B22-C41AF0CCB22C.jpeg
it’s ridiculous. Pete’s supposed to be ‘the’ big bad guy/‘villain’ of Mickey & Friends.. he’s brutish, mean, and a troublemaker. The Pete I know would be trying to force Mickey & his friends out or become mayor of ToonTown to do his selfish/nasty deeds. He’s supposed to have arguments & cause problems with Mickey & Friends. Heck, he’d either be arguing or making fun of Goofy most of the time if this were Goof Troop or Goofy Movie.
Pete is not supposed to be Barney the Dinosaur.. friggin’ Clubhouse/Funhouse man. Total garbage why Disney made that the ‘main’ Mickey representation for a decade. No personality, or well-roundedness. Annoys me..

(And yes.. I know about the Paul Rudish shorts but those aren’t good either IMO... they don’t treat the characters with love or respect whatsoever, it’s more like an insincere, mean spirited parody that mocks them. Why do we have to have two complete 180s on the character as opposed to balance now? They should go back to the Get a Horse/Epic Mickey and Mickey Mouse Works/House of Mouse style that had a well-rounded balance that appealed to everybody? Ya know.. like the Walt era of Mickey.. )

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And Strange World also had big Disney Plus streaming numbers recently, and overtook Encanto as the #1 film, but I doubt even a M&G will come from that.
Man, you love to cherry pick data, don't you?

Strange World of course shot to the top of Nielsen's most-viewed streaming movies when it got released to D+. But then soon dropped off after 5 weeks.

Encanto was the #1 streamed movie **of the whole year** beating out all other movies (and not just animated flicks) and not just for a handful of weeks.

And in the past 8 weeks of Nielsen's top ten movies, Encanto is back on the top ten list 7 times. Almost a year and a half after it hit theaters. Strange World is very unlikely to get near that.

But go ahead and compare Strange World and Encanto and keep trying to make the case they're pretty much the same success-wise. Don't hurt yourself with that stretch.

Cmdr_Crimson

While I love that Pete is out to meet n greet with guests again, I really, truly will ‘never’ understand why they feel this need to portray or make Pete all sweet and friendly with everyone now… he should have a mischevious sneer on his face than all smiles. it’s ridiculous. Pete’s supposed to be ‘the’ big bad guy/‘villain’ of Mickey & Friends.. he’s brutish, mean, and a troublemaker. The Pete I know would be trying to force Mickey & his friends out or become mayor of ToonTown to do his selfish/nasty deeds. He’s supposed to have arguments & cause problems with Mickey & Friends. Heck, he’d either be arguing or making fun of Goofy most of the time if this were Goof Troop or Goofy Movie.
Pete is not supposed to be Barney the Dinosaur.. friggin’ Clubhouse/Playhouse man. Total garbage why Disney made that the ‘main’ Mickey representation for a decade. No personality, or well-roundedness. Annoys me..

(And yes.. I know about the Paul Rudish shorts but those aren’t good IMO either.. they don’t treat the characters with love or respect whatsoever, it’s more like an insincere, mean spirited parody that mocks them. Why do we have to have two complete 180s on the character as opposed to balance now? They should go back to the Get a Horse/Epic Mickey and Mickey Mouse Works/House of Mouse style that had a well-rounded balance that appealed to everybody? Ya know.. like the Walt era of Mickey.. )
And this is why we don't see Big Bad Wolf in the parks anymore since he doesn't have a friendly face...

FigmentJedi

(And yes.. I know about the Paul Rudish shorts but those aren’t good either IMO... they don’t treat the characters with love or respect whatsoever, it’s more like an insincere, mean spirited parody that mocks them. Why do we have to have two complete 180s on the character as opposed to balance now? They should go back to the Get a Horse/Epic Mickey and Mickey Mouse Works/House of Mouse style that had a well-rounded balance that appealed to everybody? Ya know.. like the Walt era of Mickey.. )
They're the zaniest the characters have ever been, but there's a sincere passion on display for the entire history of the company throughout Paul Rudish's run. It's long been a running gag in popular culture that Mickey is boring and unfunny because of his need to be the ever smiling mascot, but they managed to turn that cheery optimism into comedy gold.

Inspired Figment

They're the zaniest the characters have ever been, but there's a sincere passion on display for the entire history of the company throughout Paul Rudish's run. It's long been a running gag in popular culture that Mickey is boring and unfunny because of his need to be the ever smiling mascot, but they managed to turn that cheery optimism into comedy gold.
Because of Clubhouse in 06.. and it’s overexposure compared to everything else since then. ‘That’ is the reason for the public’s false perception.. and because they marketed Mickey Mouse Works & House of Mouse terribly (which actually did it right) so nobody or at the very least, not enough people saw it. horrible mistake on Disney’s part to let this false narrative continue rather than through history, show that it’s wrong.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Case in point...
122404a2a284abe906fa7d2a9bb7fa446e891b18.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

While I love that Pete is out to meet n greet with guests again, I really, truly will ‘never’ understand why they feel this need to portray or make Pete all sweet and friendly with everyone now… he should have a mischevious sneer on his face than all smiles.
View attachment 704559it’s ridiculous. Pete’s supposed to be ‘the’ big bad guy/‘villain’ of Mickey & Friends.. he’s brutish, mean, and a troublemaker. The Pete I know would be trying to force Mickey & his friends out or become mayor of ToonTown to do his selfish/nasty deeds. He’s supposed to have arguments & cause problems with Mickey & Friends. Heck, he’d either be arguing or making fun of Goofy most of the time if this were Goof Troop or Goofy Movie.
Pete is not supposed to be Barney the Dinosaur.. friggin’ Clubhouse/Playhouse man. Total garbage why Disney made that the ‘main’ Mickey representation for a decade. No personality, or well-roundedness. Annoys me..

Well, there was this one at one point..
EPpNapkUUAA1AlB

Plus his Silly Side show has him bright eyed..Which IMO think this was a dumb move not bringing him to MK for his own attraction placing him in the tent adjacent that became seating..
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Still liked it better like this.. well rounded variety in personalities/emotions and balanced. Witty banter and funny visual gags. (Aka: something that appealed to everyone ala the classic era. Nothing needlessly gross or insincere in the characters’ portrayal):

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom