Moana, Mirabel and Figment meet and greet details confirmed for Walt Disney World

MagicHappens1971

D+ is not profitable yet, so any streams of the movie didn't add to the profitability of the movie. From what I can remember reading, the Studio lost about $65 million on Encanto.
For Disney movies are not simply budget & box office numbers. The movie is consistently one of the most streamed on Disney+, sells tons of merch and has a big following now.

Figments Friend

So a friend I know who works at the World seems to have the impression that Mickey & Minnie are returning to Epcot.
We knew this…once the new character spot is open.

However, she is hearing that they are both to appear in their 1980s ‘futuristic rainbow’ astronaut attire.
Remade versions of their classic silver EPCOT Center ‘looks’….you know the ones.
All EPCOT Center fans know the ones….

I personally have not heard anything about this until now, and I am not 100% certain this is going to end up actually happening….
But interesting none the less.

-

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Even though I’m not the biggest Figzilla fan I think that’s the only way they can continue to play it safe and leave some wiggle room. They can’t do the puppet version because they don’t have anyone to be holding him. Dreamfinder can’t be holding him because they need to be coherent with the current attraction (unfortunately), and they can’t have an imagination institute worker holding him because they likely don’t want to push that theme any further for when they do decide to overhaul the pavilion.
I feel like having it tie in to Imagination Institute would be so easy tho. Just put a lab coat on. Doesn't even have to really be directly related to the theming. 🤷‍♂️

Cmdr_Crimson

So a friend I know who works at the World seems to have the impression that Mickey & Minnie are returning to Epcot.
We knew this…once the new character spot is open.

However, she is hearing that they are both to appear in their 1980s ‘futuristic rainbow’ astronaut attire.
Remade versions of their classic silver EPCOT Center ‘looks’….you know the ones.
All EPCOT Center fans know the ones….

I personally have not heard anything about this until now, and I am not 100% certain this is going to end up actually happening….
But interesting none the less.

-
Nope, it was announced they will be wearing their 100 Platinum outfits there...Still seems pointless not to have the the rest wearing them out at MK.

Inspired Figment

I feel like having it tie in to Imagination Institute would be so easy tho. Just put a lab coat on. Doesn't even have to really be directly related to the theming. 🤷‍♂️
I say just screw it with trying to tie into the Honey I Shrunk/Imagination Institute IP theming, it alone doesn’t fit now with Honey, I Shrunk the Audience long gone from the Magic Eye Theatre, so I say, just have Dreamfinder ‘and’ Figment meet and greet outside or in the meet and greet spot again if that’s what the plan is for the ride’s future. It’d only be seen as an act of goodwill on Disney’s part ‘and’ it’d be good promotion & be a great way for guests to interact with Dreamfinder & Figment again in the meantime while they wait for a proper comeback of the ride. They used to meet n greet through the pavilion originally with only Magic Journeys & the ImageWorks operating before the ride even opened in ‘83, starting in Oct. 1982. So I see no reason why it couldn’t nor shouldn’t be done now.
AEB768E1-80A9-4805-9BAE-75BEEDE09252.jpeg

Otherwise, 04-era Jumbo Figment from Figment’s Place is probably the best one to go with in the meantime if there truly ‘isn’t’ a plan involving Dreamfinder & Figment atm internally and of course, the fact that ‘Figment’ atleast is still featured in the ride currently.

Last edited:

drew81

WDW:
We really care about our guests. Look, we’re adding Moana and Mirabel. We’ve brought back character dining with all the exact same characters as before. Guests just love it!

Disneyland:
We’ve had Moana and Mirabel for over a year. Miguel meets everyday. We had Bianca and Bernard. It took you guys forever to add Mando. Our hard tickets had Bruno, Madam Mim and Ernesto De La Cruz. Guess who we’re adding now?

4BB1EC47-68B8-427B-871C-754F174B87F8.jpeg

WorldExplorer

WDW:
We really care about our guests. Look, we’re adding Moana and Mirabel. We’ve brought back character dining with all the exact same characters as before. Guests just love it!

Disneyland:
We’ve had Moana and Mirabel for over a year. Miguel meets everyday. We had Bianca and Bernard. It took you guys forever to add Mando. Our hard tickets had Bruno, Madam Mim and Ernesto De La Cruz. Guess who we’re adding now?

View attachment 704403

I guess this says something about human nature and never being satisfied, but dear god, I never thought moving close to Disney World would result in just constant looking at Disneyland and wanting to be there instead.

drew81

I guess this says something about human nature and never being satisfied, but dear god, I never thought moving close to Disney World would result in just constant looking at Disneyland and wanting to be there instead.
Not so much about never being satisfied. It has more to do with WDW Leadership being able to do so much more and they continually and deliberately choose not to.

Piebald

Is WDW still avoiding a Zootopia m&g because of the concerns of weird furry people or is that just being too cheap too?

Cmdr_Crimson

WDW:

Disneyland:

View attachment 704403
DL has to get him while he has his own Silly Sideshow without him..
giphy.gif

Touchdown

What characters currently appear at WDW that don’t appear at DL? Kevin is the only one I can think of, and I’m pretty sure we only got him because of the Up Bird Show. I guess Figment will be #2 soon.

Piebald

What characters currently appear at WDW that don’t appear at DL? Kevin is the only one I can think of, and I’m pretty sure we only got him because of the Up Bird Show. I guess Figment will be #2 soon.
If you count the little boats, Scrooge and Launchpad. I don't think they have country bears and maybe a few random training characters that youd see at Epcot that don't appear over there regularly.

pdude81

They do a lot of rare characters for runDisney races. Not on the daily of course, but I would call that comparable to the characters they have at special parties in DL.

For regular meets, not much. There were some things that you wouldn't see, like the Pandora rangers and Baymax, but neither are current and Baymax will surely be on the west coast soon enough.

UofMGuy423

It lost $74M in the theatrical window. But then again, they cut its theatrical window to 30 days to feed the D+ monster.

But, there are other windows in which to monetize content. While D+ isn't profitable yet, its losses could be much greater if not for very popular content like Encanto.

And there's been $12M in home video sales so far.

Plus there are the music residuals from all the music streaming and with Encanto being the number one album and Bruno the number one song on Billboard for weeks and weeks... it adds up.

Plus there is burnishing the brand. Very popular content associated with Disney makes people feel warm and fuzzy about Disney, and so, they buy Disney content and products more and more.

Encanto in the parks is on the same trajectory somewhere in between Frozen and Tiana. Each year, there is more.

Not to mention the movie, along with Coco, roping in the huge Spanish-speaking market into Disney's fold.

Remember: Tangled also lost money at the box office. It has a life still after the theaters.

And Tangled got a bathroom.

It still was a box office dud despite the creative accounting of other departments within Disney. My point was the likelihood of an entire attraction, and the budget devoted to it, seems to be blue sky thinking and the M&G is probably the extent of it. Two years post film release and we're getting a M&G that's not even open in the evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom