MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

DaDo

on an other social media, is a rumor, that WDC are focusing on Paris due to Universal. there is also a rumor, that they are in development of the third gate. Anyone heard about that as well??

cjkeating

on an other social media, is a rumor, that WDC are focusing on Paris due to Universal. there is also a rumor, that they are in development of the third gate. Anyone heard about that as well??
Third gate. No.

Let’s revisit this in 20 years.

joojoo

Disneyland Park is a great theme park, one of the best theme parks in Europe.
Walt Disney Studios are the worst "theme park" Disney ever built. There's so much to do!
They won't open a third gate before the studios are a real, full-day theme park.
I don't think the third gate opens before 2035/2040. Sorry. :(

DaDo

Thanks for your answers. Pretty interesting, that this rumor is shared on the social media, it sounded like from an insider as they claim to work with Disney. Possibly the wording was wrong and it should have stated, that it is the "third land" in the studios.
Myself still hoping for Star Wars, as it was very noticable during the Annual passholder Adventure, that a lot of guests were very excited to see the Mandalorian or the Storm Troopers.
Then again, also DLP needs an expansion as well! Fingers crossed the "Main Park" will receive some love as well!

Sir_Cliff

Thanks for your answers. Pretty interesting, that this rumor is shared on the social media, it sounded like from an insider as they claim to work with Disney. Possibly the wording was wrong and it should have stated, that it is the "third land" in the studios.
Myself still hoping for Star Wars, as it was very noticable during the Annual passholder Adventure, that a lot of guests were very excited to see the Mandalorian or the Storm Troopers.
Then again, also DLP needs an expansion as well! Fingers crossed the "Main Park" will receive some love as well!
I think I would choose Star Wars over Pandora for a new Studios land and I'm not entirely sure why it was axed, unless it's just a case of money. One thing with Pandora is that I'm not sure building yet another land that requires a lot of tropical vegetation is a great idea for Paris. They do manage it reasonably well next-door in Adventureland, but they have had to get creative to get things that look convincingly tropical that can survive Parisian winters!

mrflo

One thing with Pandora is that I'm not sure building yet another land that requires a lot of tropical vegetation is a great idea for Paris. They do manage it reasonably well next-door in Adventureland, but they have had to get creative to get things that look convincingly tropical that can survive Parisian winters!
There is actually a lot of fake vegetation within the existing land in AK that is capable of glowing at night. They could easily combine this with winter-resistant plants like ferns to complete the illusion. Or they go the indoor-route - like the Little Mermaid Lagoon in TDS - where a big part of the land is within a building. This would also allow to create the bioluminescent effect during actual day-time.

I am a bit more concerned about the potential Lion King mini-land in WDS. How would they create an African savannah atmosphere with its seemingly endless grasslands and African trees in such a limited space. If they pick the jungle location, it would feel like a copy of Adventureland. Pandora would be similar but still distinctively different.

cjkeating

I am a bit more concerned about the potential Lion King mini-land in WDS. How would they create an African savannah atmosphere with its seemingly endless grasslands and African trees in such a limited space. If they pick the jungle location, it would feel like a copy of Adventureland. Pandora would be similar but still distinctively different.
I had thought if they really wanted to do a Lion King Splash Mountain it would go better in the 'Indiana Jones Adventure' plot that WDSP.

Sir_Cliff

Is the Lion King land a serious rumour? It just seems quite out of left field that after so many years of not really doing that much with the IP in terms of theme park attractions The Lion King would suddenly get an entirely land sometime in the mid-to-late 2020s at Walt Disney Studios Paris.

mrflo

Is the Lion King land a serious rumour? It just seems quite out of left field that after so many years of not really doing that much with the IP in terms of theme park attractions The Lion King would suddenly get an entirely land sometime in the mid-to-late 2020s at Walt Disney Studios Paris.
As far as I know plans for the Lion King as a potential replacement for SW:GE were brought up by a French YouTube fan channel almost two years ago. Since then the rumour got picked about by some Disney fan news sites and has been pretty persistent on French discussion boards.

My personal impression - without any direct insider knowledge - is that plans for a Lion King mini-land are very likely to exist and being considered for WDS. When the rumours for Ratatouille appeared in the early 2010s I also thought of this to be quite random. Why would they re-create a Parisian square if the real Paris is just a short train ride away. The movie was not even that hugely successful. Hence, I find the rational behind those decision for DLP sometimes difficult to grasp. At least the Lion King is still a very popular franchise and has a live-action prequel lined up.

But as we have seen cancelations for even previously announced projects, it does not mean yet that LK will actually happen. The internet is full of WDI concept art & plans with potential or canceled attractions for DLP - e.g. Pirates Stunt Show or Indy in Adventureland, Splash Mountain in Frontierland, PhilharMagic in Fantasyland, etc. Plus the recent and upcoming leadership changes from Disney CEO, WDI Co-Lead to DLP COO could also lead to previous made plans or decisions to be revised. Newly appointed execs love to undone decisions by their predecessors. ;) With DLR getting their own Avatar experience and the major success of the sequel in France & other European markets, this could also influence the plans for DLP.

Sir_Cliff

🤓🍿

Makes you wonder what they are thinking based on their faces in the first image.

I'm hoping this is Iger realising that they really have to fix this park.

Whatever his positive and negative actions, my impression is that Iger at least doesn't want Disney products to appear low quality. The fact he seemed to enjoy Dream... and Shine Brighter hopefully also indicates he recognises all the good things the current management of Disneyland Paris has been doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom