News Disney After Hours at Walt Disney World (2024)

potzie

...out of the sun. With less crowds. Totally worth the premium cost to me.

This is one's chance to get every song on Cosmic Rewind.
100%. I understand Resort Guests miss the extra magic hours but they aren't coming back. The smart thing is to figure out what works for you and use it. My kids are 18 & 16. Rope drop doesn't work for them on vacation. 1am is fine with them. We can stop on our way back to the hotel and get food for them if needed and they still go to bed about the same time as normal. We just find it so much less stressful.

MadderAdder

What is the likelihood (or unlikelihood) of after hours for DHS or AK in the fall?

ETA — I guess the downside to an AH event is the loss of food/snacks/characters. I would consider a DHS after hours event but it would be my only DHS… and not sure that would be as worth it. Unfortunately!

Last edited:

Skibum1970

...out of the sun. With less crowds. Totally worth the premium cost to me.

This is one's chance to get every song on Cosmic Rewind.

Totally agree. We did AE's for Studios and MK this past week and had so much fun. A five minute wait for Rise of the Resistance, 10 minutes for Slink Dog, while 15 minutes for SDMT and near walkons for most other MK rides. It was completely worth the money and to not have to fight the crowds. We accomplished more in those three hours than an entire day.

I think the math makes sense there…IF it’s not an add on to another ticketed activity on the front half of the day…

It really…really…needs to be an “either/or”…not a “both”…

Because if it’s an add on, the customers are helping Disney to destroy its parks

We did not do the parks on each of the two event days. We did non-park stuff, like walking at various resorts, and then showed up at 7:00 PM at both parks. We then started riding some rides until the event kicked off. Once the event started, we continued riding rides but then focused on the most popular rides after giving a half hour or so for the queues to empty of the day guests.

It was a lot of money but, since we were able to purchase three day tickets to cover the rest of our stay, we didn't feel the sting. You're absolutely spot-on about not trying to use a day ticket in conjunction with an AE ticket as that would be very expensive. Still worth it, in some ways, if you have the coin to spend.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The March 8th After Hours event at Hollywood Studios has sold out.

Remaining dates currently available for purchase: 
Mar 22, 29
; and Apr 2, 5, 19. The newly announced May and June dates will become available for purchase March 3.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Patcheslee

JusticeDisney

There's simply no way these reports of sell outs are true. Total fake news. WDW is an overpriced shell of it's former self and nobody is visiting anymore, especially in view of Universal's clear superiority and total domination.

Don't believe me on any of that? Just read these very boards for like 4 seconds, maybe even less.

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
There's simply no way these reports of sell outs are true. Total fake news. WDW is an overpriced shell of it's former self and nobody is visiting anymore, especially in view of Universal's clear superiority and total domination.

Don't believe me on any of that? Just read these very boards for like 4 seconds, maybe even less.
enough with the "Universal is better than WDW", I'm sick of the theme park wars, they're stupid

Please stop saying Universal Orlando is better than Disney World because...

-UOR still has no intentions to phase out the Dora the Explorer characters from Nickelodeon for good, due to that IP isn't as popular or marketable as it once was(this is why the KidZone area closed in January, and Day in the Park with Barney shuttered for good in 2021), her series barely/doesn't air on television anymore, there's very little merchandise with her likeness sold in stores, and we already have Gabby from Gabby's Dollhouse appearing as the park's most popular(and only) Pre-K character right now, and that Gabby's from DreamWorks, that's owned by Universal, there's literally no point for UNIVERSAL of having Dora anymore(the only reason why Dora's still there because they had to bundle her with the still popular and marketable SpongeBob Squarepants)

-Fast and Furious Supercharged exists(I know the movies are still marketable, but the ride itself is awful)

-I enjoy the works of Dr Seuss and his books are timeless classics, but Seuss Landing is just a broken down area at Islands of Adventure, the Grinch's costume used during most of the year(except for his top notch face character appearance at Grinchmas) is a big hot mess(he doesn't even have a mouth, it's dark green), the Lorax costume is also broken(despite being the Illumination version, btw, it's one of the weakest movies from that studio), the Cat in the Hat ride is broken, and can't be fixed(and is considered by quite a few to be one of the worst rides at Universal), and the carousel had to close for a year or two

-The Lost Continent is VERY OUTDATED and very empty nowadays, since the stunt show ended in 2019, and the area's only attraction is incredibly outdated and not the crowdpleaser that it once was

-Too many screen based attractions

-As much as I don't mind the Minions, I think having two Minion themed attractions based upon the popular yellow twinkles is pretty unnecessary(I don't get why they couldn't clone the Secret Life of Pets dark ride from Hollywood to take Shrek 4D's spot(the Villain Con attraction could had happened in 2016 as a temporary attraction rather than a long term offering), and have an Illumination Cafe instead of an entire Minion themed cafe as the replacement of the Classic Monsters Cafe)

-Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit coaster is MID and OVERRATED as hell

-They don't do too much with the DreamWorks Animation IPs ever since Universal bought the studio in 2016, like how Pixar has a solid presence at WDW(the only DWA IPs that Universal care about in the long term are, Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, and Trolls, that's it, they're the most popular of the bunch, we had Everest the yeti, She Ra, and Boss Baby appear, but their appearances were very short lived, and yet how the hell are Dora and Diego still at the parks, despite being not as popular as they were in 2005, and also, we need The Bad Guys, Megamind, and The Croods in the long term)

-Marvel Superhero Island is overrated and mostly has a mid character dinner, that's generic and stupidly only have six heroes and two villains do meet and greets in the entire land(Spider-Man, Captain America, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Cyclops, the Green Goblin, and Dr Doom, the six hero outfits are generic as hell, and I don't know why they don't have more), Storm Force Accelatron is very mid and only a kid's ride, no wonder this was the number-one reason why Avengers Campus wasn't constructed for Disney's Hollywood Studios(and that's why the park has nothing but SW stuff), WDW couldn't build an entire fifth gate(that would have an Avengers land), or allow any member of the Avengers at WDW is because of that big, fat, forever contract that was written before Disney bought Marvel(and they cemented that name in Hollywood today with billion dollar movies, top quality entertainment for the Avengers Campus lands in California and Paris), okay sure The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is groundbreaking(and better than the Web-Slingers ride in Avengers Campus), despite Chris Eagerly not being the best choice to play Spidey himself and J Jonah Jameson(a small nitpick)

-Toon Lagoon, needs an update, BIG TIME, I know Popeye isn't as popular, but he does has his fans, but who the fridge knows who Dudley Do-Right is, I know Ripsaw Falls is a fun ride that's wetter than the formerly named Splash Mountain, but that IP isn't the crowdpleasing IP that the Minions are today

-Epic Universe will ONLY be worth it for Super Nintendo World(it'll be a game-changer for Central Florida), the Dragons area could look cool(much like the movies), and it's nice to see the Universal Monsters in their new forever home, but WHO THE HELL is ever going to remember Fantastic Beasts enough to be the fourth land at the new park, and yet they could had went with the following instead, SpongeBob's World of Bikini Bottom(since they're still licensing SB), Pokemon Alley(Universal is considering Pokemon), or the Land of Far, Far Away(or even a land featuring a dark ride based around The Bad Guys) instead of this polarizing spin-off series of the popular Wizarding World franchise, especially since the most recent installment flopped big time at the box office and critics weren't too fond of it

JusticeDisney

enough with the "Universal is better than WDW", I'm sick of the theme park wars, they're stupid

Please stop saying Universal Orlando is better than Disney World because...

-UOR still has no intentions to phase out the Dora the Explorer characters from Nickelodeon for good, due to that IP isn't as popular or marketable as it once was(this is why the KidZone area closed in January, and Day in the Park with Barney shuttered for good in 2021), her series barely/doesn't air on television anymore, there's very little merchandise with her likeness sold in stores, and we already have Gabby from Gabby's Dollhouse appearing as the park's most popular(and only) Pre-K character right now, and that Gabby's from DreamWorks, that's owned by Universal, there's literally no point for UNIVERSAL of having Dora anymore(the only reason why Dora's still there because they had to bundle her with the still popular and marketable SpongeBob Squarepants)

-Fast and Furious Supercharged exists(I know the movies are still marketable, but the ride itself is awful)

-I enjoy the works of Dr Seuss and his books are timeless classics, but Seuss Landing is just a broken down area at Islands of Adventure, the Grinch's costume used during most of the year(except for his top notch face character appearance at Grinchmas) is a big hot mess(he doesn't even have a mouth, it's dark green), the Lorax costume is also broken(despite being the Illumination version, btw, it's one of the weakest movies from that studio), the Cat in the Hat ride is broken, and can't be fixed(and is considered by quite a few to be one of the worst rides at Universal), and the carousel had to close for a year or two

-The Lost Continent is VERY OUTDATED and very empty nowadays, since the stunt show ended in 2019, and the area's only attraction is incredibly outdated and not the crowdpleaser that it once was

-Too many screen based attractions

-As much as I don't mind the Minions, I think having two Minion themed attractions based upon the popular yellow twinkles is pretty unnecessary(I don't get why they couldn't clone the Secret Life of Pets dark ride from Hollywood to take Shrek 4D's spot(the Villain Con attraction could had happened in 2016 as a temporary attraction rather than a long term offering), and have an Illumination Cafe instead of an entire Minion themed cafe as the replacement of the Classic Monsters Cafe)

-Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit coaster is MID and OVERRATED as hell

-They don't do too much with the DreamWorks Animation IPs ever since Universal bought the studio in 2016, like how Pixar has a solid presence at WDW(the only DWA IPs that Universal care about in the long term are, Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, and Trolls, that's it, they're the most popular of the bunch, we had Everest the yeti, She Ra, and Boss Baby appear, but their appearances were very short lived, and yet how the hell are Dora and Diego still at the parks, despite being not as popular as they were in 2005, and also, we need The Bad Guys, Megamind, and The Croods in the long term)

-Marvel Superhero Island is overrated and mostly has a mid character dinner, that's generic and stupidly only have six heroes and two villains do meet and greets in the entire land(Spider-Man, Captain America, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Cyclops, the Green Goblin, and Dr Doom, the six hero outfits are generic as hell, and I don't know why they don't have more), Storm Force Accelatron is very mid and only a kid's ride, no wonder this was the number-one reason why Avengers Campus wasn't constructed for Disney's Hollywood Studios(and that's why the park has nothing but SW stuff), WDW couldn't build an entire fifth gate(that would have an Avengers land), or allow any member of the Avengers at WDW is because of that big, fat, forever contract that was written before Disney bought Marvel(and they cemented that name in Hollywood today with billion dollar movies, top quality entertainment for the Avengers Campus lands in California and Paris), okay sure The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is groundbreaking(and better than the Web-Slingers ride in Avengers Campus), despite Chris Eagerly not being the best choice to play Spidey himself and J Jonah Jameson(a small nitpick)

-Toon Lagoon, needs an update, BIG TIME, I know Popeye isn't as popular, but he does has his fans, but who the fridge knows who Dudley Do-Right is, I know Ripsaw Falls is a fun ride that's wetter than the formerly named Splash Mountain, but that IP isn't the crowdpleasing IP that the Minions are today

-Epic Universe will ONLY be worth it for Super Nintendo World(it'll be a game-changer for Central Florida), the Dragons area could look cool(much like the movies), and it's nice to see the Universal Monsters in their new forever home, but WHO THE HELL is ever going to remember Fantastic Beasts enough to be the fourth land at the new park, and yet they could had went with the following instead, SpongeBob's World of Bikini Bottom(since they're still licensing SB), Pokemon Alley(Universal is considering Pokemon), or the Land of Far, Far Away(or even a land featuring a dark ride based around The Bad Guys) instead of this polarizing spin-off series of the popular Wizarding World franchise, especially since the most recent installment flopped big time at the box office and critics weren't too fond of it
You did not seriously miss the dripping sarcasm in my post, did you?

Patcheslee

According to the Walt Disney World website, the March 13 and 16 After Hours events at Magic Kingdom have sold out.

Remaining dates available for purchase: Mar 6, 20, 27.
Kinda annoying as I've been on phone with Disney and my bank trying to get tickets. Wouldn't process online, called Disney they said was bank issue, called bank said wasn't on their end but to have Disney retry. Called again, still no good, told to call back in a couple days. Have a pending $1 charge on my card have to wait to clear from the ticket purchase attempt. Even made a $100 payment on my vacation with same card and no problems.

mattpeto

Back to the topic, I guess VAH isn't returning because of labor allocation decisions? More cost efficient to run simultaneous non-entertainment AH parties (DHS, Epcot, TL) than a couple?

Still it's odd they haven't announced anything for MK past March. Even with spring break and summer crowds, they ran VAH in that timeframe previously.

Maybe TRON and the return of Happily Ever After plays in to it too?

JohnD

Kinda annoying as I've been on phone with Disney and my bank trying to get tickets. Wouldn't process online, called Disney they said was bank issue, called bank said wasn't on their end but to have Disney retry. Called again, still no good, told to call back in a couple days. Have a pending $1 charge on my card have to wait to clear from the ticket purchase attempt. Even made a $100 payment on my vacation with same card and no problems.
I understand if you're trying to stay away from credit cards and only use a debit card ala Dave Ramsey. But using a credit card wasn't a possibility than you couldn't immediately have paid off after squaring away the issues with your debit card?

JohnD

Back to the topic, I guess VAH isn't returning because of labor allocation decisions? More cost efficient to run simultaneous non-entertainment AH parties (DHS, Epcot, TL) than a couple?

Still it's odd they haven't announced anything for MK past March. Even with spring break and summer crowds, they ran VAH in that timeframe previously.

Maybe TRON and the return of Happily Ever After plays in to it too?
I can understand at least through Easter where they're likely to have longer hours and lower tier APs are blocked out. Would be great if mid to late April more dates became available. Of course, I'm being a little selfish as I have a trip the week of April 16.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom