News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

MagicHappens1971

Wondrous Journeys looks incredible at DLR. Haven't had the opportunity to see it in person but I’ve seen some fantastic videos on YouTube. This show really ran the risk of turning into a clip show trying to feature every WDAS project from the past 100 years, but it didn’t. It’s a fantastic show that makes me feel like how HEA did. I hope any changes to HEA are as positive as this show

Lil Copter Cap

HEA is a clip show with a through line encouraging individuals to explore their desires by unlocking something with themselves.
DE is a clip show with no through line telling individuals "you are the magic" dozens of times. That's it.

HEA has nuance.
DE lacks any form of storytelling.

HEA has a layered story of the castle being destroyed by villains and subsequently rebuilding itself with its beloved Disney characters; almost personifying it as a true beacon and icon of everything Disney.
DE tells you it's a "beacon to those with a wishing heart, giving every person who walks through these gates, [an] enchantment."

Look, I'm not going to go on and on and seem like some firework spectacular-obsessed individual. But HEA has actual narrative design. DE does not. And whether or not a show falls within the category of "clip show," it's what they do with those clips that matter.

Last point: the fact Disney was willing to alter the original show AND remove it after a little over year, definitely confirms that they recognize that HEA and DE are not the same. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ToTBellHop

HEA is a clip show with a through line encouraging individuals to explore their desires by unlocking something with themselves.
DE is a clip show with no through line telling individuals "you are the magic" dozens of times. That's it.

HEA has nuance.
DE lacks any form of storytelling.

HEA has a layered story of the castle being destroyed by villains and subsequently rebuilding itself with its beloved Disney characters; almost personifying it as a true beacon and icon of everything Disney.
DE tells you it's a "beacon to those with a wishing heart, giving every person who walks through these gates, [an] enchantment."

Look, I'm not going to go on and on and seem like some firework spectacular-obsessed individual. But HEA has actual narrative design. DE does not. And whether or not a show falls within the category of "clip show," it's what they do with those clips that matter.

Last point: the fact Disney was willing to alter the original show AND remove it after a little over year, definitely confirms that they recognize that HEA and DE are not the same. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well stated. Two things can be the same type of thing without being the same thing.

They are spending a good deal of money changing out both 50th shows that they didn’t plan to spend. That, alone, shows there is a considerable guest satisfaction problem with DE and Harm.

gerarar

Premium Member
Seems like the HEA shells have been removed from the finale.
They were removed on Sunday. Saturday night still had the shells.

Now this makes me wonder if this was just a shell test for HEA. Like they ordered a small batch of these shells to see how they fare out and whatnot.

Sunday finale (1/29) with old shells:

Saturday finale (1/28) with HEA-style shells:

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

This question has been raised to me a lot recently but I don't know the answer. Has anyone learned if they plan to restore the pyro that was cut from the pre-pandemic version of HEA? The short stint in 2021 was pretty lacking (some pretty key moments had pyro completely absent), but I imagine a lot of that had to do with pyro shortages at the time along with changing infrastructure in preparation for DE. Maybe @wdwmagic?

Squishy

This question has been raised to me a lot recently but I don't know the answer. Has anyone learned if they plan to restore the pyro that was cut from the pre-pandemic version of HEA? The short stint in 2021 was pretty lacking (some pretty key moments had pyro completely absent), but I imagine a lot of that had to do with pyro shortages at the time along with changing infrastructure in preparation for DE. Maybe @wdwmagic?
It depends on what sequence list they're using, I'm afraid it's going to be down the same path as Minnie's wonderful christmastime, one year the close proximity pyro list was changed and was never restored back the next.

Disney Glimpses

It depends on what sequence list they're using, I'm afraid it's going to be down the same path as Minnie's wonderful christmastime, one year the close proximity pyro list was changed and was never restored back the next.
Yeah, I don't really expect a full restoration of the pyro. Really there are two notable parts where I really hope it is restored:

- Towards the end of intro when they had shells timed to explode when the singers sang "happily." In 2021, they awkwardly sent up random shells that exploded at various times.
- In the finale, there's a series of bright flares they sent straight up as the choir sang "find your" which was completely absent in 2021.

I also hope that the final shells in the finale are restored; they were reduced to 3 per side.

Other than that, I think 2021 was good enough? Though I'd love to see the 2019/early 2020 version return.

jrhwdw

Was going through older posts. You just joking on this or you heard something? Let’s hope we don’t have to wait that long. A interim parade until a brand new one for the 60th would be nice.
MK has plenty of Chances before the 60th..............

Just because

Disney100(however long that goes for)

Epic's Opening(WDW usually responds to UOR with Entertainment So here's hoping!)

WDW 55th

Mickey's 100th........

Not my first option but: A true Successor to HEA would work for one of those chances, if that's even possible......

jrhwdw

Is DE having small supply issues? For several Nights this Week, the Final shot of Low Pyro was missing at the end. It was there last night however.

gerarar

Premium Member
Is DE having small supply issues? For several Nights this Week, the Final shot of Low Pyro was missing at the end. It was there last night however.
The Mulan flower shell has been missing for a while now, which makes me kind of worried for its use in HEA when it comes back.

But we've seen it disappear then eventually come back before, so..

Squishy

The Mulan flower shell has been missing for a while now, which makes me kind of worried for its use in HEA when it comes back.

But we've seen it disappear then eventually come back before, so..
Pretty sure they moved it to the Tiana scene if this is the one you're talking about.
1676987741943.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Pretty sure they moved it to the Tiana scene if this is the one you're talking about.View attachment 699736
That one looks very similar, but it's not the same shell. Could be a modified version of the original one tho.

The one I'm referring to has a long tail and as it rises it shoots out to the sides like stems of a flower.
Screenshot_20230221_082932_YouTube.jpg

Then when the shell explodes, it has 4 different color sections along with some crackles.
Screenshot_20230221_083003_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No
That one looks very similar, but it's not the same shell. Could be a modified version of the original one tho.

The one I'm referring to has a long tail and as it rises it shoots out to the sides like stems one a flower.
View attachment 699742

Then when the shell explodes, it has 4 different color sections along with some crackles. View attachment 699743
I think it’ll come back for HEA because it’s an important moment in the show that’s very heavily emphasized. In Enchantment it’s more of a complement to the rest of the pyro IMO. Sort of an add-on rather than something that matters all that much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom