New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

castlecake2.0

The recent renovation screwed it up. It doesn't look remotely as good as it used to; it's kind of a weird mishmash of modern and themed.
Was there a few nights ago, the furniture felt like a modern spin on 30s design to me , not terrible, but not great. What bothered me more was that the furniture just felt too big for the space, the scale felt off and made the area look clumsy. They really need to revisit both the lounge and the coffee bar and redo it. Then also fix the OKW lobby… and SSR lobby….
Yep. Not sure what they’ll alter to. Hopefully they change less than planned.
any chance they circle back to the coffee place or are we stuck with that?

UNCgolf

Was there a few nights ago, the furniture felt like a modern spin on 30s design to me , not terrible, but not great.

Thanks. I personally don't think that looks bad at all from the pictures, but will reserve judgement until I see it in person.

I don't think it's terrible either -- but I do think it's a big downgrade from the previous look, both in general theming and in cohesiveness. It's like they wanted to keep it kind of themed but also wanted it to look like it would fit in at any contemporary hotel and thus didn't really commit to anything.

castlecake2.0

I don't think it's terrible either -- but I do think it's a big downgrade from the previous look, both in general theming and in cohesiveness. It's like they wanted to keep it kind of themed but also wanted it to look like it would fit in at any contemporary hotel and thus didn't really commit to anything.
That sums it up perfectly

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here are a couple photos of the lobby area from today.

2E3C91B8-E10D-4550-A941-58CFD8847FAF.jpeg
65AF5DD0-E5F7-4E76-BEB3-F6B8D4484B55.jpeg

EPCOT-O.G.

This seems to be going back to what @ToTBellHop said that they got cold feet after the coffee shop backlash
This was the original description when they announced it:

“Through the doors of Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, light and airy touches will reinvigorate the lobby, lounge and guest rooms, carrying the seaside breeze right inside.”

This seems pared back? I guess you could say the minimal work is a “light and airy touch” but wonder how much the blowback to the anticipated GF changes and the reception from the coffee refurb did make them hold back on anything more extreme.

castlecake2.0

This was the original description when they announced it:

“Through the doors of Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, light and airy touches will reinvigorate the lobby, lounge and guest rooms, carrying the seaside breeze right inside.”

This seems pared back? I guess you could say the minimal work is a “light and airy touch” but wonder how much the blowback to the anticipated GF changes and the reception from the coffee refurb did make them hold back on anything more extreme.
Yep, literally nothing changed except the desk getting scaled back a bit. Wonder if that’s it or if they went back to the drawing board. The thing with setting a resort in a certain time period is that it never really ages, because it’s already dressed for the story. Maybe some reupholstered furniture but other than that the lobby looks fine.

Sir_Cliff

This seems to be going back to what @ToTBellHop said that they got cold feet after the coffee shop backlash
I mean, just looking at those images of the lobby, what looks like it needs to be changed? Maybe some little modifications to make the space more functional such as the openings to allow those working behind the desk to move in and out more easily, but aesthetically nothing looks outdated or inappropriate for a themed hotel in 2023.

EDIT: I see @castlecake2.0 made more or less the exact same point while I was typing!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom