News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

lentesta

Premium Member
  1. Definition of odd and even numbers: An integer n is defined as even if it can be written in the form n = 2k, where k is also an integer. An integer n is defined as odd if it can be written in the form n = 2k + 1, where k is an integer.
  2. Proof: Let m and n be two odd numbers, so m = 2k + 1 and n = 2l + 1, where k and l are integers.
  3. Adding the two odd numbers: m + n = (2k + 1) + (2l + 1) = 2k + 2l + 2 = 2(k + l + 1), where k + l + 1 is also an integer.
  4. Conclusion: Since m + n can be written in the form 2(k + l + 1), it is an even integer.
Hence, adding two odd numbers always results in an even number.

Elevating discourse on this forum since 2016, folks. Thanks @MisterPenguin.

Brer Oswald

No you are not wrong, especially about MMRR deserving it’s own new build. I think the backlot tour was dead since the filming aspect was killed though. After residential street was removed it became pointless. Cars road trip at WDSP shows just when you think it can’t be any worse, it does.
Expansion should’ve been a priority at that park. Certain rides were in need of replacement, but that should have happened after. It’s a shame the “All Father” Iger neglected the Florida parks for so long.

lewisc

yes but is it worth it enough to wait 7 years for it

The people who ran the drop tower down the street tried modifying seats to be more plus size friendly and the result was deadly. It sucks when people can’t ride but parks should never modify safety restraints, that’s what ride engineers are for.
Some posters think more cars should the conventional seating in the last row. Your comparison with the drop tower isn't accurate or funny
Someone just rode TRON and it was 14 seconds from launch to brakes.

14 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!11
Do you think Disney could get the launch speed fast enough to meet your goal? Much shorter ride, same track.A real thrill ride.

Andrew25

Hagrid: 2.5 minutes of constant "roller coaster" fun with 6 launches
Tron: >less than 1 minute of roller coaster fun with 1 launch

Dueling Dragons was still operating when Tron was announced.

I will still enjoy the attraction for what it is, but it's kind of holding me back from truly understanding why it took so long.

ctrlaltdel

I completely understand the frustration with the overall cost, time to build, the effect it had on the train, and opportunity cost for what is ultimately pretty short, cloned attraction. Heck, I am still a bit miffed it wasn't open for my trip just a few weeks ago (when it definitely could have been ready for the holiday season last year).

That being said, I think it's always best to realize that thoughts on attractions evolve over the years, especially when we get farther away from the discourse that builds around an attraction from announcement to opening. Right now, everyone's thoughts are inevitably and not incorrectly informed by the discussion surrounding it since the beginning (especially since it took so long to build) but that will change. We'll see if it stands the test of time.

Andrew25

I completely understand the frustration with the overall cost, time to build, the effect it had on the train, and opportunity cost for what is ultimately pretty short, cloned attraction. Heck, I am still a bit miffed it wasn't open for my trip just a few weeks ago (when it definitely could have been ready for the holiday season last year).

That being said, I think it's always best to realize that thoughts on attractions evolve over the years, especially when we get farther away from the discourse that builds around an attraction from announcement to opening. Right now, everyone's thoughts are inevitably and not incorrectly informed by the discussion surrounding it since the beginning (especially since it took so long to build) but that will change. We'll see if it stands the test of time.

It'll be interesting to see the public/media reaction to the attraction's duration. With Guardians/Hagrid being a ~2.5 minute long coaster, I'm sure there will be lots of "While Tron is fun, it pales in comparison to the other similar new additions throughout Orlando that are 2x as long."

It'll still draw crowds though since Disney does a heck of a job with marketing.

celluloid

It'll be interesting to see the public/media reaction to the attraction's duration. With Guardians/Hagrid being a ~2.5 minute long coaster, I'm sure there will be lots of "While Tron is fun, it pales in comparison to the other similar new additions throughout Orlando that are 2x as long."

It'll still draw crowds though since Disney does a heck of a job with marketing.
More beneficial to Disney, it will draw a virtual queue waiting crowd which will have them spending money while they virtually wait.

I think Tron's short length will not only be more noticed(as it has been) by other riders, but also compounded by the fact that it is block break paced. More than a couple block brakes in the dark in under a minute. Not only is Velocicoaster longer, it covers more track with more speed for the thrill. So durration and track are much longer. Guardians and Hagrids are longer, arguably more thrilling and their block brakes are show scenes and a different environment than more dark.

Incomudro

It is a really short ride.
That's the only issue I have with any of it.

SplashJacket

How about the ride vehicles on Hagrid's Motorbikes? Very cool ride vehicles, great theming, and 3 times as long.
Tron’s seating arrangement makes Hagrid’s motorbike seat seem like a cheap knock-off.

Even then, riding in the motorbike is already a fly superior to the side-car.

Tron’s seats are awesome.

And while there has been tremendous buzz about excessive restricting seating, it’s far overblown. No different than FoP, but alternative seating options actually exist.

And even then, the experience is really only accomplished using this type of seating.

This is far from a Secret Life of Pets scenario where a slow-moving Omni mover is given limiting restrains without alternative for no apparent reason.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom