News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Photos from today

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/tianas-bayou-adventure/gallery/06feb2023-tiana's-bayou-adventure-construction-walls---february-6-2023.htm

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_50314.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_50311.jpg

EPCOT-O.G.

Apologies if this isn’t the right forum - I think it is now? - but what I think has really thrown off (or soured) a lot of people on this project is the pre-storyline details fell into two camps: the “Keep Splash as is” camp, and the “Princess and the Frog is a great film and way to update this problematic attraction” camp.

The debates largely vaccinated between 1) whether the ride, as it existed, was problematic and 2) whether PATF deserved to take its place. Even many in camp 1 we’re of the mind that they were fine with a PATF ride, but just an original one.

A lot of the Camp 2 defenders arguments were, in essence, “PATF is a gorgeous and lush ride, with an underrepresented race/socioeconomic princess (a popular one at that) and a story and songs that lend themselves well to an attraction, even Splash’s settings.”

But what it appears we’re getting uses none of those positives, and instead presages an entirely different character, setting, and songs than the original film, and ones that many agree merit their own attraction of some sort.

Basically, it feels like a bait-and-switch with the PATF we’ve come to expect/ hope for, and instead are getting an untested and unknown version of Tiana.

FettFan

Apologies if this isn’t the right forum - I think it is now? - but what I think has really thrown off (or soured) a lot of people on this project is the pre-storyline details fell into two camps: the “Keep Splash as is” camp, and the “Princess and the Frog is a great film and way to update this problematic attraction” camp.

The debates largely vaccinated between 1) whether the ride, as it existed, was problematic and 2) whether PATF deserved to take its place. Even many in camp 1 we’re of the mind that they were fine with a PATF ride, but just an original one.

A lot of the Camp 2 defenders arguments were, in essence, “PATF is a gorgeous and lush ride, with an underrepresented race/socioeconomic princess (a popular one at that) and a story and songs that lend themselves well to an attraction, even Splash’s settings.”

But what it appears we’re getting uses none of those positives, and instead presages an entirely different character, setting, and songs than the original film, and ones that many agree merit their own attraction of some sort.

Basically, it feels like a bait-and-switch with the PATF we’ve come to expect/ hope for, and instead are getting an untested and unknown version of Tiana.

Well that plus we have the same old problem of “let’s shove this IP in a place it clearly doesn’t go”.

LittleBuford

I've made my negative feelings on the backstory pretty clear, but I think what you've written here isn't accurate. We know from the concept art that the ride will feature a lush bayou filled with animals and fireflies, and we can assume that the "original songs" will be reworkings of the ones we know from the film.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It's been established that prior to the drop, riders will be taken through a projected "magical" vortex fog screen effect representing "true bayou magic." It's presumed that this scene will feature Mama Odie. If true, it stands to reason that Mama Odie is casting some spell, a spell that just so happens right before the attraction's key drop. What if the drop itself is a continuation of her magic? What if it's not only the thrill element but representational of a transformation?

And wouldn't you know it?! Who's that at the bottom of the drop?

bayoumagic.png

It's froggy Tiana and Naveen!

Makes me wonder how this transformation plays into the lost ingredient storyline... Perhaps this ingredient is something only a frog can recover. Good thing they have a long tongue great for catching things just out of reach. A bottle of hot sauce perhaps... one that's been floating down the bayou ever since Louis accidentally dropped it into the swamp when he backed into some prickers.

Speculative of course. Could that be it? Is that Tiana and Naveen?

aladdin2007

It's been like 2 weeks. They're still assessing and prepping for construction. I doubt anything of substance has been done, yet.
And I would imagine Disney Archives/Imagineering gets to go in and tag/keep what they want to save and have removed before anything too serious starts. If I remember right I believe it was already being done during Maelstrom's first week of closure. Of course that was a much smaller attraction.

Disney Analyst

It's been established that prior to the drop, riders will be taken through a projected "magical" vortex fog screen effect representing "true bayou magic." It's presumed that this scene will feature Mama Odie. If true, it stands to reason that Mama Odie is casting some spell, a spell that just so happens right before the attraction's key drop. What if the drop itself is a continuation of her magic? What if it's not only the thrill element but representational of a transformation?

View attachment 696856

It's froggy Tiana and Naveen of course!

Makes me wonder how this transformation plays into the lost ingredient storyline... Perhaps this ingredient is something only a frog can recover. Good thing they have a long tongue great for catching things just out of reach. A bottle of hot sauce perhaps... one that's been floating down the bayou ever since Louis accidentally dropped it into the swamp when he backed into some prickers.

Those Frogs are actually located just after the first hill, as you round the bend to the second hill. Presumably they are just... frogs on a log.

Not after the drop.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

View attachment 696856

It's froggy Tiana and Naveen!

Brer Frog?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom