News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

LittleBuford

This is the construction thread. I don't know why the backstory link was dropped here when it was also dropped in the general TBA discussion thread.

I guess if you want to discuss how the backstory affects construction (how many AAs will this need?), it belongs here.

And if one wants to give hot takes on the backstory, then that is currently being discussed in these two threads:

It was dropped here by none other than @wdwmagic, who subsequently went on to post a follow-up that was again unrelated to construction. I’m taking that to mean that the sensible thing has happened and this thread has become the new place to discuss Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, leaving the other thread for those who still want to talk about the loss of Splash Mountain.

Casper Gutman

This is the construction thread. I don't know why the backstory link was dropped here when it was also dropped in the general TBA discussion thread.

I guess if you want to discuss how the backstory affects construction (how many AAs will this need?), it belongs here.

And if one wants to give hot takes on the backstory, then that is currently being discussed in these two threads:

So this thread is strictly for the physical construction? Seems like that’s going to be a very thin topic, given how little will actually be done to the exterior. The other thread is focused heavily on Splash, which doesn’t exist any more. Seems like we need a broader, Bayou Adventure-focused thread, or this one is going to keep being filled with general discussion.

Casper Gutman

It was dropped here by none other than @wdwmagic, who subsequently went on to post a follow-up that was again unrelated to construction. I’m taking that to mean that the sensible thing has happened and this thread has become the new place to discuss Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, leaving the other thread for those who still want to talk about the loss of Splash Mountain.
As Tom Morrow pointed out, discussion of the story is still being deleted from this thread. Probably safer to post such matters in the other thread (I keep getting confused about which I’m in).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
People can make mistakes. Or contain multitudes. The first post of this thread says what it's supposed to be.

And in the past, the construction thread of a project was heavily moderated for folks who just wanted to follow the progress of construction without hundred of pages of tangential and speculative and opinionated discussion.

There have been several pages worth of post deletion in this thread already in addition to whatever happened just now.

If one wants a Tiana's Bayou Adventure discussion, then let's make one:

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"

Oh that’s actually funny. I just assumed this was the regular discussion thread. Didn’t even check the thread title when the news got dropped since the link sent me here.

Last edited:

MrPromey

I’ve got to say, that is an extremely strange story to pair with a log flume. What is with the mention of hot sauces?
I actually get where they're coming form with this... because I'm a fan of Tobasco Hot Sauce and know a little about how and where it is/was made and the history of the company.

For anyone who doesn't know and cares to:

With that in mind, the salt mine and the hot sauce and it being tied in as a Louisiana thing does make some semblance of sense if this attraction is sponsored by the McIlhenny Company and they will be the ones bottling the souvenir hot sauce being sold as Tiana's... and if guests are familiar with all of this.

But I'm guessing the makers of Tobasco sauce are not sponsoring this. I'm also guessing that since I'm the only person here that has so far recognized this connection, that it's not going to click for 99.9% of guests, either.

And also, that real-life salt dome (along with any other) looks absolutely nothing like the carcass of Splash Mountain no matter how they try to paint or decorate it so unlike the real stuff, this is all, as they say, pretty weak sauce.

Then again, the circumstances around why that salt mine shut down in 2020 may be reason enough for Disney to not want that connection to be obvious as guests ride through this one.

Last edited:

celluloid

The worst thing about the construction at this point is there is only the water tower cutting off the faux trees to look forward to. The walls are fairly high and are not likely to change much or be themed different than they are now.
There is no track being added and when the logs start to cycle again months from now, perhaps many, they will be the same ride vehicles as before.

The biggest event besides any vertical water tower work will be some minor painting and cutting down the iconic twisted branch of Chikapin Hill.

EPCOT-O.G.

Lots of legitimate criticism getting deleted from this thread. Is that how this is gonna be? The ride you can’t criticize?
Just wait. As more comes out and this narrative and theme becomes more indefensible, you’ll hear stuff like “take all the seats” and “this isn’t for you.”

It can’t be defended on its merits, so opposing views will be shouted down

EPCOT-O.G.

What most concerns me as someone who’s been rooting for the retheme from the outset and who agrees with the broader initiative underpinning it is the chorus of “told you so” declarations that will inevitably follow should we end up with something as uninspiring as this backstory suggests. The already tiresome and predictable decrying of anything remotely different as “woke” will grow only louder and more frequent, with any failure to do justice to the retheme held up as concrete proof of the direness of Disney’s “agenda”. So much is riding on them getting this right that I’m struggling to understand why it is they’re marketing it so very poorly. Don’t they have a PR and market-research department for this sort of thing?
One of the cardinal rules in marketing and PR is you drop bad news late in the day on a Friday when no one is paying attention.

This came out after hours last night, around 7pm on a Friday.

Either the PR/marketing arm suddenly became very incompetent at a core competency of this company, or…they know what they’re marketing.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
One of the cardinal rules in marketing and PR is you drop bad news late in the day on a Friday when no one is paying attention.

Either the PR/marketing arm suddenly became very incompetent at a core competency of this company, or…they know what they’re marketing.
It would have been better if they didn’t release anything at all

Drdcm

Hard to believe that this general idea probably went through multiple levels of approval before they even decided to close the original Splash.
It’s tough because I can’t really say what I want to say because this isn’t the correct forum/the social commentary will get me banned. Suffice it to say, I’m doubtful there actually was a plan at the start.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It’s tough because I can’t really say what I want to say because this isn’t the correct forum/the social commentary will get me banned. Suffice it to say, I’m doubtful there actually was a plan at the start.
It was most likely a Disney corporate PR move to do/force X rather than imagineers with a great idea and pitch of an awesome attraction to replace the already popular Splash Mountain. Is that what you’re saying? If so, the beyond Big Thunder mountain blue sky “ideas” were likely shared with no real plan because of that as well.

Scuttle

I am stoked for my first trip this summer. My daughter will actually be tall enough to ride splash where she would not of in the states. There is a lower height requirement there.
I can’t wait to go. DisneySea gets all the hype but that Disneyland is pretty incredible as well.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I actually get where they're coming form with this... because I'm a fan of Tobasco Hot Sauce and know a little about how and where it is/was made and the history of the company.

For anyone who doesn't know and cares to:

Side note --- If anyone is ever in the area, Avery Island has an awesome 5 dollar tour of their facilities with a very nice and affordable gift shop...

...I travel to LA often and have been here frequently.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

For the hard of hearing

They should just re-name this thread "General Discussion of Tianas Bayou Adventure 2"

JohnD

The classic Friday data dump.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom