Luna Park Pool Slide now closed for refurbishment at Disney's BoardWalk Inn (Feb 2023)

plutofan15

We have a non-refundable reservation for early March, with the intent of making this a pool day. I hope they offer an accomodation, such as the pool across the bay...
During our stay at Old Key West this past August, the slide was closed for repair at the main pool. We were able to use the pool at Saratoga Springs with no issues, not sure in your case. Remember inquiring nicely and politely works much better than rude and nasty. Good luck.

RememberWhen

They seem to be working on the structure under the slide. AFAIK you don’t get access to SAB because the slide is out of commission. The pool is 100% fine and available.

nickys

Premium Member
They seem to be working on the structure under the slide. AFAIK you don’t get access to SAB because the slide is out of commission. The pool is 100% fine and available.
The Contemporary pool is closed and guests only have the use of the small “bullseye” pool by the lake. No slide, no features at all.

I don’t see them offering guests anything for this outage of the pool slide.

RememberWhen

EF524459-0AC0-4234-A53C-681D96125A5B.jpeg

Definitely seems to be something structural

ToTBellHop

The Contemporary pool is closed and guests only have the use of the small “bullseye” pool by the lake. No slide, no features at all.

I don’t see them offering guests anything for this outage of the pool slide.
Those guests can use the BLT pool, which has a slide.

nickys

Premium Member
Those guests can use the BLT pool, which has a slide.
No they cannot use the BLT pool. That is a misunderstanding over the names of the pools.

The BLT pool is the Bay Cove pool, and hasn’t been opened up for Contemporary guests.

The smaller, round pool at the Contemporary is officially called the Bay Lake pool. That is the only one open for Contemporary guests. It’s a stupid name given Bay Lake Tower next door and has caused a lot of confusion.

ToTBellHop

No they cannot use the BLT pool. That is a misunderstanding over the names of the pools.

The BLT pool is the Bay Cove pool, and hasn’t been opened up for Contemporary guests.

The smaller, round pool at the Contemporary is officially called the Bay Lake pool. That is the only one open for Contemporary guests. It’s a stupid name given Bay Lake Tower next door and has caused a lot of confusion.
That is indeed confusing. My mistake.

I feel badly for guests at the Tower or Garden Wing, then. That’s a small pool. At least BoardWalk has 3 pools open.

plutofan15

Not necessarily true. As I posted earlier, during our stay at Old Key West this past August, the slide was closed for repair at the main pool. We were able to use the pool at Saratoga Springs with no issues. We grabbed dinner at Artist's Palette, had a relaxing meal around the pool and enjoyed the evening swimming. They even offered to shuttle us over if we did not have a vehicle. I cannot see why it would be an issue in this case but it pays to ask. Remember inquiring nicely and politely works much better than rude and nasty. Good luck.

nickys

Premium Member
Not necessarily true. As I posted earlier, during our stay at Old Key West this past August, the slide was closed for repair at the main pool. We were able to use the pool at Saratoga Springs with no issues. We grabbed dinner at Artist's Palette, had a relaxing meal around the pool and enjoyed the evening swimming. They even offered to shuttle us over if we did not have a vehicle. I cannot see why it would be an issue in this case but it pays to ask. Remember inquiring nicely and politely works much better than rude and nasty. Good luck.
So you said.😉

However there’s a big difference between a resort like Saratoga, where the pools could take the handful of extra guests that were likely to have asked (and therefore allowed DVC pool hopping previously) and BLT where the pool really isn’t big enough for that resort let alone additional Contemporary guests. In addition, the Contemporary refurb was on the website for months in advance.

Asking is always an option, but requests to use SAB or the BLT pool are almost certain to be refused.

YMMV however.

plutofan15

So you said.😉

However there’s a big difference between a resort like Saratoga, where the pools could take the handful of extra guests that were likely to have asked (and therefore allowed DVC pool hopping previously) and BLT where the pool really isn’t big enough for that resort let alone additional Contemporary guests. In addition, the Contemporary refurb was on the website for months in advance.

Asking is always an option, but requests to use SAB or the BLT pool are almost certain to be refused.

YMMV however.
It never hursts to ask in the case of the Contemporary. My wife and daughter had reservations at the Contemporary for mid-March and switched to Port Orleans Riverside because my daughter wants an afternoon lounging at the pool. As far as the Boardwalk is concerned, Stormalong Bay is probably a hard no. Plus Boardwalk's main pool is still open along with the two other quite pools. If access to a pool with a slide is a must, you might think about switching resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom