News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
So Season 2 of Disney's The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder just dropped on Disney+, and some of the new episodes discuss racism and feature topics related to racism (especially the Juneteenth episode). If they can get away with that, why won't Disney make Song of the South available on physical media/streaming. and pull the plug on the Splash Mountain retheme? (Unless it's because SotS makes slavery a happy thing?)

SpectreJordan

We don't know:
  • The name of the gift shop
  • The full story of TBA
  • What the flume drop represents in TBA
  • How many AAs will be in TBA
  • How many of the AAs that will be in TBA will be reskinned from SM
  • How many of the AAs will have animatronic v. projected faces
  • How much of the ride will utilize projections
  • Beyond Tiana, Naveen, Louis, and Odie, what characters from the movie will be in the ride.
  • How much of the music will be from the movie and how much will be new

So, don't let folks complaints about what they *suppose* will happen fool you into thinking that such things as the name of the gift shop is known at this time. There is more unknown than known.
I wonder how accurate the "new music" thing is. Do they consider new lyrics as a part of that? I can see them using the same tunes from the movie but adding new lyrics to fit the ride. Much as Splash did with SOTS's music.

It'd be very odd to make an IP based ride & then have ride original songs/tunes for it. Especially for a movie with great music like PATF.

JD80

So Season 2 of Disney's The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder just dropped on Disney+, and some of the new episodes discuss racism and feature topics related to racism (especially the Juneteenth episode). If they can get away with that, why won't Disney make Song of the South available on physical media/streaming. and pull the plug on the Splash Mountain retheme? (Unless it's because SotS makes slavery a happy thing?)

wat

Brer Oswald

I wonder how accurate the "new music" thing is. Do they consider new lyrics as a part of that? I can see them using the same tunes from the movie but adding new lyrics to fit the ride. Much as Splash did with SOTS's music.

It'd be very odd to make an IP based ride & then have ride original songs/tunes for it. Especially for a movie with great music like PATF.
Returning songs SHOULD have new lyrics given that it’s a new story.

Incomudro

New lyrics would make a lot more sense than new songs. And I would have no problem with that.
Matter of fact, I prefer it to the alternative.
Do they really have the creativity to come up with songs as good as the songs in the film?
I doubt it.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
People are getting more creative, I had to ROTFL when I saw someone posted water from their kitchen sink in a Splash Mountain bag for $25,000(think it was taken down)....and someone selling a canning jar for at least $7100.......guess that would pay for another trip.....oh and one currently going on for $13,000 and there are hours left to bid?!?!?🤪😳😏 This plaque is rather cute but......

Oh and people are trying to sell old paper Spash fastpasses for $10,000 too.....will hang on to the few I have. 😁

1675343477405.png

Last edited:

jinx8402

This is definitely a take.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
If they can get away with that, why won't Disney make Song of the South available on physical media/streaming. and pull the plug on the Splash Mountain retheme? (Unless it's because SotS makes slavery a happy thing?)
Because Disney themselves ruined any chance at redemption Song Of the South may have by locking it in the dungeon and pretending it's some hideous monster that can never see the light of day.

Brer Oswald

New lyrics would make a lot more sense than new songs. And I would have no problem with that.
Matter of fact, I prefer it to the alternative.
Do they really have the creativity to come up with songs as good as the songs in the film?
I doubt it.
Maybe? Maybe not? I am actually a big fan of the tune they created for Runaway Railway. I think I have more faith in the music than I do the set design, story, or animatronics.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That involves discussing racial politics and politics is not allowed to be discussed on these forums. Doing so will have posts being deleted and continuing to do so will result in being banned.

You'll have to ask people you know in person.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some speculation from Mike on potential changes to Pecos Bill -

“While visiting Magic Kingdom recently, we noticed some high-profile Disney World Imagineers walking through Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe, discussing various aspects of the quick-service location. The Imagineers spent at least 30 minutes touring the location, walking through each room, and taking notes.”

“So, what could Pecos Bill be rethemed into? Well, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure does have a heavy focus on the Tiana’s Foods concept, having installed more signs recently to elude to the backstory of the attraction. While nothing is confirmed, it’s likely that Disney will want to incorporate a culinary aspect to the new Princess and the Frog-themed attraction next door. At Disneyland, it has been confirmed that Tiana’s Palace is coming to New Orleans Square. Could we see a Tiana’s Foods location take over Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe? Only time will tell.”

MagicHappens1971

“While visiting Magic Kingdom recently, we noticed some high-profile Disney World Imagineers walking through Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe, discussing various aspects of the quick-service location. The Imagineers spent at least 30 minutes touring the location, walking through each room, and taking notes.”

“So, what could Pecos Bill be rethemed into? Well, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure does have a heavy focus on the Tiana’s Foods concept, having installed more signs recently to elude to the backstory of the attraction. While nothing is confirmed, it’s likely that Disney will want to incorporate a culinary aspect to the new Princess and the Frog-themed attraction next door. At Disneyland, it has been confirmed that Tiana’s Palace is coming to New Orleans Square. Could we see a Tiana’s Foods location take over Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe? Only time will tell.”

Wouldn't be surprised, and turn Westward Ho into a beignet stand.

Disney Analyst

This would make the most sense. Bring the Floridians beignets and mint juleps Disney!

MagicHappens1971

I’m not particularly attached to Pecos Bill, but turning it into a PatF New Orleans inspired restaurant awkwardly divides up Frontierland even more. Does that lead to a CBJ replacement? A Thunder Mountain retheme? A rebranding of Frontierland as a whole?
It would make more sense to expand behind and around Splash for the spaces that they would probably like. (i.e. Peco's into Tianas, etc). I know the railroad is there and parade storage, so not sure what the space looks like back there

Kirby86

I’m not particularly attached to Pecos Bill, but turning it into a PatF New Orleans inspired restaurant awkwardly divides up Frontierland even more. Does that lead to a CBJ replacement? A Thunder Mountain retheme? A rebranding of Frontierland as a whole?
Honestly Magic Kingdoms retheme seems to be trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. If you retheme Pecos bill at least you can say that Tianas Bayu Adventure can be seen from in the distance. Just ignore Big Thunder Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom