News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Oswald

Yes I know. Honestly most of this early construction is going to be for the temporary structures used for the actual construction. I just find it funny that the walls had the name of the Salt company. But it took Disney a week to put up a poster that says yes it's a Tiana ride.
It’s part of the storyline ;)

LittleBuford

While I do enjoy everyone’s point of views on the merits of the retheme, can we please keep them in the thread dedicated to that and try to keep this one one the topic of actual construction progress. Obviously understanding that this thread will be bare because there will only be so much progress, but that is the purpose of having a dedicated thread for this topic and another for the other stuff.
I wasn't opining on the merits of the retheme and am surprised to find that my earlier post was removed. I took the "construction" in the title of this thread to be referring to all aspects of the new ride's creation, including the application of the theme (which is a different matter from its merits). I didn't realise that the topic was limited to construction in its most literal sense. If not here, where should things like the new signs on the construction walls be discussed? I'm asking sincerely rather than rhetorically. (Perhaps @The Mom has an answer.)

Indy_UK

I think where they’ve spent the last 2 years just talking about this re-theme, I imagine a lot of the new animatronics and theming has already been done offsite for both sites and it’s just the implementation.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wasn't opining on the merits of the retheme and am surprised to find that my earlier post was removed. I took the "construction" in the title of this thread to be referring to all aspects of the new ride's creation, including the application of the theme (which is a different matter from its merits). I didn't realise that the topic was limited to construction in its most literal sense. If not here, where should things like the new signs on the construction walls be discussed? I'm asking sincerely rather than rhetorically. (Perhaps @The Mom has an answer.)

Top post...
This thread will serve to update on construction progress specific to Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

It is not to discuss the merits of the retheme of Splash Mountain, please continue to use the original thread at https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...s-and-the-frog-tianas-bayou-adventure.965899/

I would image talking about the signs themselves would be valid, such as whether that will be the logo found throughout the ride, and, is it misspelled.

Using that a launchpoint to discuss the pros and cons of the story... that's not construction. That's beating a dead horse.

_caleb

Is this a spot for an an outdoor AA? Or maybe it's something like lighting (a footer for a lamppost or something)?

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_50234.jpg

LittleBuford

Top post...

I would image talking about the signs themselves would be valid, such as whether that will be the logo found throughout the ride, and, is it misspelled.

Using that a launchpoint to discuss the pros and cons of the story... that's not construction. That's beating a dead horse.
I didn’t think my post was doing that. Moreover, I would like a space other than the existing Splash Mountain thread to engage in forward-looking discussion of the new ride. I thought this was the thread for that, but it seems I’ve misunderstood its purpose.

JoeCamel

Is this a spot for an an outdoor AA? Or maybe it's something like lighting (a footer for a lamppost or something)?

View attachment 695977

Looks like possibly a new speaker point
I would think it is early for anything new, this is still in the demo phase. More likely a valve or panel was rocked over on a previous reno and they needed to access it for the new work. Maybe it's the main drain valve.....

_caleb

I would think it is early for anything new, this is still in the demo phase. More likely a valve or panel was rocked over on a previous reno and they needed to access it for the new work. Maybe it's the main drain valve.....
Oh, yes- I was sort of joking about them installing a new AA at this point. But I suppose they have had plenty of time to plan and start building set pieces like that.

Is it common for them to stucco over things like valves and junction boxes and the like? Seems like they would have done an access panel, like you can see in so many places if you look for them.

Same thing with speakers, really. While the ride's audio wasn't in great shape toward the end of Splash, seems like the speaker locations would have worked for Tiana.

I'm super interested in how thin the layer of stucco is on the sets beside the flume. I'm assuming it would be strong enough for someone to walk on, but maybe not?

JoeCamel

Oh, yes- I was sort of joking about them installing a new AA at this point. But I suppose they have had plenty of time to plan and start building set pieces like that.

Is it common for them to stucco over things like valves and junction boxes and the like? Seems like they would have done an access panel, like you can see in so many places if you look for them.

Same thing with speakers, really. While the ride's audio wasn't in great shape toward the end of Splash, seems like the speaker locations would have worked for Tiana.

I'm super interested in how thin the layer of stucco is on the sets beside the flume. I'm assuming it would be strong enough for someone to walk on, but maybe not?
I was joking about rocking over a panel or valve access but it has happened. Must have been something down there they needed to get to

Nubs70

Yes I know. Honestly most of this early construction is going to be for the temporary structures used for the actual construction. I just find it funny that the walls had the name of the Salt company. But it took Disney a week to put up a poster that says yes it's a Tiana ride.
The posters are the result of Tiana's gorilla marketing campaign.

MerlinTheGoat

Again, not defending this stupid salt mine storyline, but i'm sure the logos and signs are intentional. The stamped on "Salt Company" logo being representative of the previous owners of the company and Tiana being the person who bought it out. She put up signs over it to convey that she's moving in soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom