News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

They werenā€™t kidding when they says EVERYY animated film would be referenced. Is dinosaur here? šŸ˜‚
One of the quotes at the very beginning is from it ā€œSome things start out big, and some things start out small, very small. But sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest changes of all.ā€ But thatā€™s the only thing I have seen for now.

Donā€™t blame them if they donā€™t put anything else tho! I doubt anyone wants to see moving poos with all the other characters xd

Consumer

My biggest complaint really boils down to the fact I believe a greater emphasis should have been placed on the more influential films of Disney's catalogue, working from Silly Symphony to present day. Giving an entire section to an irrelevant movie like Big Hero 6 instead of a film that pioneered animation like Fantasia is such a massive miss. Throw in the Mickey Mouse Club theme and a sound bite of Walt saying "it was all started by a mouse," as well. For a show that's celebrating 100 years of Walt Disney Animation, there's a great lacking of celebration for the movies that have made the company last 100 years.

VJ

My biggest complaint really boils down to the fact I believe a greater emphasis should have been placed on the more influential films of Disney's catalogue, working from Silly Symphony to present day. Giving an entire section to an irrelevant movie like Big Hero 6 instead of a film that pioneered animation like Fantasia is such a massive miss. Throw in the Mickey Mouse Club theme and a sound bite of Walt saying "it was all started by a mouse," as well. For a show that's celebrating 100 years of Walt Disney Animation, there's a great lacking of celebration for the movies that have made the company last 100 years.
Mickey Mouse Club and Disneyland (1954) aren't Walt Disney Animation Studios films.

VJ

After the absolute miss that was World of Color - ONE, I'm very glad to see one home run in the entertainment department. The Big Hero 6 segment doesn't appeal to me personally but I'm sure there are people that will love it.

One criticism I have of the show is the same Moana "where you are" song that's been used in a few other Disney nighttime spectaculars - I feel that could have been replaced with a different song with the same feel/message and had the same impact. I also feel like Go the Distance has been greatly overused in the past few years. Otherwise, very solid show. 8/10.

CaptinEO

I havent seen the show and wont see video til I see it in person, but Disney seems to mostly ignore any film made pre 1985 and it bugs me.

Glad to hear positive reception to a show for once.

PiratesMansion

Read your second paragraph and paused. I hope everything is okay!
I had a bad slip on some black ice on Monday. I'm getting around at the moment with a combination of crutches and a knee scooter at the moment. My ankle is messed up, quite badly, and I'm going to have to have surgery next week and then have to be off my feet for several weeks. Going to have to take a fair amount of time off of work also. It's not great, but it is what it is and it should eventually heal up.

One criticism I have of the show is the same Moana "where you are" song that's been used in a few other Disney nighttime spectaculars - I feel that could have been replaced with a different song with the same feel/message and had the same impact. I also feel like Go the Distance has been greatly overused in the past few years. Otherwise, very solid show. 8/10.
What was Go the Distance used in other than HEA? I'm blanking.

In terms of Moana, they've used "How Far I'll Go" a lot, but I don't remember the "Where You Are" song in anything.

fradz

I've only watched a few sections as I intend to head to Anaheim relatively soon, but it looks awesome!! Gives me hope for the revamped Dreams coming to Paris

VJ

What was Go the Distance used in other than HEA? I'm blanking.

In terms of Moana, they've used "How Far I'll Go" a lot, but I don't remember the "Where You Are" song in anything.
Go the Distance was used in Wishes, HEA, Harmonious, there might be others I'm forgetting. Where You Are is in Disney Enchantment (and used the same way - the "after the big battle scene" scene).

PiratesMansion

Go the Distance was used in Wishes, HEA, Harmonious, there might be others I'm forgetting. Where You Are is in Disney Enchantment (and used the same way - the "after the big battle scene" scene).
Ah. I intentionally skipped Enchantment and never got to Epcot, so no Harmonious.

Wishes has no place in my heart, and so I have no memory of that show other than that insipid opening that DLR unfortunately recycled for Remember.

So it makes sense that those instances did not occur to me, I suppose.

jrhwdw

I was starting to wonder if DL pulled that from DE. But it didn't continue into I am Moana. It went into Coco?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom