News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Patcheslee

Related question- it says there is a pocket for wallet/phone/glasses. Can you really not wear glasses? If not, as someone who only wears Rx glasses (not contacts), I wouldn’t be able to see enough to enjoy it. I’ve never had an issue on other coasters, including RnRC.
My suggestion would be purchase straps for your glasses, I've had to have them for any other amusement park with coasters.

celluloid

The video shows a compartment for cellphones and wallets on the ride vehicle so I doubt they have metal detectors. They will most likely just enforce no bags past lockers.

Makes sense. Videos will still happen through Plenty of Go Pros. Not that it iwll provide much else than what is already out there a hundred times over but the Vloggers will get it for their own vids.

yensidtlaw1969

on the Shanghai version I wore my glasses...and we all had our phones, but it would be very difficult to film with the launch...but I am sure someone will do it.
What about Hats? I know a few people who are, shall we say . . . committed to their headgear.

I'm talking more baseball caps than Mouse Ears.

flynnibus

Premium Member
A Virtual Queue and Individual Lightning Lane has been announced for TRON.

Details on the new locker system (inside the queue) -

View attachment 695140

"New to TRON Lightcycle / Run, a double-sided and digitized locker system will be used to store bags and loose items while you race your Lightcycle. Inside the attraction queue, these complimentary lockers pair directly with your MagicBand, MagicBand+ or ticket media so you can easily lock and reopen your locker with a quick tap. Guests without a MagicBand or other ticket media (such as a card) will be provided with a card to assign their locker. All items must be placed either in a locker before you board your Lightcycle, or in a small compartment located on the attraction vehicle that can hold items such as cellphones, glasses or wallets."

Guess that's where $50 million went.. ;)

WDWBryan

DME is capable of handling multiple VQ.
They have yet to offer multiple VQs, but hopefully it sticks around for Guardians. Unlike Rise, Guardians is a pretty easy VQ to get. I think the building only holds a 30 minute wait as that's about how long it takes to go through with the VQ. I imagine it would be a mess with standby.

gorillaball

I'm glad they took a cue from the locker system at Universal's Islands of Adventure, and installed a "double-sided" locker system like the Velocicoaster has. (For those who haven't seen one, in order to eliminate the usual bottleneck of guests dropping off and picking up at the same sets of the lockers, the banks of lockers go the whole way through the wall, with an access door on each end. You put things in one side of the locker on your way through the queue to the boarding area, and when you exit, you find yourself on the other side of the wall, and pull your items out from the other end, so that the traffic through the locker areas is "one way" both in the queue and when you exit.) It's pretty brilliant.
Now if only Universal would learn from themselves and adopt that on all their other "locker" rides.

lewisc

They have yet to offer multiple VQs, but hopefully it sticks around for Guardians. Unlike Rise, Guardians is a pretty easy VQ to get. I think the building only holds a 30 minute wait as that's about how long it takes to go through with the VQ. I imagine it would be a mess with standby.
Disney VQ running for GotG and Santa at DS same time. Posters said CA had VQ for 2 rides at the same time

Skibum1970

I do like how the lockers are synced to a Magic Band. What happens if your phone is what you are using for a magic band though? I may have missed that part but it seems like your phone would be in the locker. I don't like having to take my glasses off. I mean, they are sunglasses but they ensure my contacts don't go flying away. On Velocicoaster, I was able to keep my glasses on, thankfully. May invest a little strap. Just aggravating as I've never lost sunglasses on any rollercoasters, including some that go 80+ mph.

Edit: Never mind on my question. Just saw that they can issue a small ticket if you don't have a MagicBand.

celluloid

I am sad that the thumb/finger print idea did not stick around like they had at Universal for awhile. I could figure I would not lose a finger on the attraction. I imagine they had troubles, but it was always reliable for me.

Not a fan of using a slip or park ticket as it is one more thing to stuff in pocket or lose.(not a big deal, but a finger print seemed better)

_caleb

Feel free. It’s rare Disney does something right now adays so gotta give credit where appropriate. Again. Rare
That's your opinion. And honestly, it's tiresome to read it stated over and over again. I think negativity is a choice, and you seem to make that choice all. Day. Long.

I recommend you look at some of the details of attractions–like the TRON-area background music, the area lighting package, or the aforementioned lockers–and see that it's not so rare that Disney does some things right.

Beyond TRON, I recommend you check out the MMRR discussion over on the Disneyland boards. The DL version of the attraction seems to be very promising, and people are actually saying so.

_caleb

My suggestion would be purchase straps for your glasses, I've had to have them for any other amusement park with coasters.
Foolproof way to ensure your glasses stay on your head
Duct Tape GIF by A Black Lady Sketch Show

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom