News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

waltography

Video of the full Wondrous Journeys test last night, shot from the esplanade. They move closer to the main gate a few minutes into the video and you can hear a lot of the soundtrack. You can hear enough that this could be considered "spoilers" probably!

Edit: Adding my opinion, I think it looks and sounds great from what we can hear. I know some people were ambivalent on the Wondrous Journeys theme but you can hear it during the finale here and I think it fits well. Also Disney seems to have learned their lesson about trying to get away with a wimpy finale like they did with the original version of Enchantment at WDW.

I'm pleasantly surprised you can actually hear a bit of the folksy guitar still in the finale. Ends strong on an orchestral button of course, but I'm very pleased with what I heard (only skipped to the last bit of the finale because I didn't want to spoil myself on the rest of the show).

wtyy21

I'm pleasantly surprised you can actually hear a bit of the folksy guitar still in the finale. Ends strong on an orchestral button of course, but I'm very pleased with what I heard (only skipped to the last bit of the finale because I didn't want to spoil myself on the rest of the show).
I think folksy version of it will be appeared as post-show of the new nighttime spectacular.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I am sure Tink will be involved.
I hope so too, but there has been mention of her in any press releases, and since this show is running on the weekdays with projections they might not want to pay a live stunt performer all the time. And I doubt they would make Tink a puppet or only do flying characters on the weekends. That's the only reason a doubt if tink will be in the show.

jrhwdw

I hope so too, but there has been mention of her in any press releases, and since this show is running on the weekdays with projections they might not want to pay a live stunt performer all the time. And I doubt they would make Tink a puppet or only do flying characters on the weekends. That's the only reason a doubt if tink will be in the show.
I don't think Tink only on Weekends is a problem for DL....

Disney Analyst

that's what I fear

They’ve run Tink on just weekends many times, as all the shows would be weekend only previously. This new model of projections on weekdays won’t impact Tink being included.

As far as I know, generally the Tink performer is the one inside the Dumbo or Finding Nemo puppets, so I’d assume she’d start the show, then put on BayMax and do that bit.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
They’ve run Tink on just weekends many times, as all the shows would be weekend only previously. This new model of projections on weekdays won’t impact Tink being included.

As far as I know, generally the Tink performer is the one inside the Dumbo or Finding Nemo puppets, so I’d assume she’d start the show, then put on BayMax and do that bit.
I didn’t know there was anyone inside those puppets, they don’t look big enough for that to me. But if that is the case, then I guess Tink would probably fly every night since zero flies every night during Halloween screams weather it’s projections or not

Disney Analyst

I didn’t know there was anyone inside those puppets, they don’t look big enough for that to me. But if that is the case, then I guess Tink would probably fly every night since zero flies every night during Halloween screams weather it’s projections or not

Dumbo and Nemo are puppets / costumes for sure. I believe Zero may be also. But not 100% sure.

Californian Elitist

"We Don't Talk About Bruno"
"You've Got a Friend in Me"
"Gonna Take You There"
"Turkey in the Straw"
"Immortals"

I wanted to say "How Far I'll Go" from Moana, but I expect that'll be in World of Color.
“Turkey in the Straw” lol.

No “Let It Go?” That song still has the company in a chokehold. I agree with your list, for the most part.

Californian Elitist

@Consumer's got the ones I would expect (though I'd switch "Gonna Take You There" with "Dig a Little Deeper"). A wild card they might want to throw into the show is a couple bars of "More For Us" from the upcoming Wish movie.
I can for sure see “Dig a Little Deeper” in there.

Maybe we should have a challenge. There are apparently 18 songs in the show. Let’s see who can correctly guess at least half of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom