The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

DrAlice

The concept was interesting but the execution was bad. All that money and the entertainment should've been invested in the actual theme park land.
Agreed. However, even if the execution had been spot on, I'm still dubious about if there is a big enough audience out there to maintain this indefinitely. You have to be 1) a Star Wars Fan, 2) afford the cost of "voyage", and 3) enjoy LARPing. That's a pretty select group of customers. 🤷‍♀️

It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Supreme Leader

Agreed. However, even if the execution had been spot on, I'm still dubious about if there is a big enough audience out there to maintain this indefinitely. You have to be 1) a Star Wars Fan, 2) afford the cost of "voyage", and 3) enjoy LARPing. That's a pretty select group of customers. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, I think more people would've gone if it were just a regular hotel themed to Star Wars. The cost and the LARPing aspect is definitely not for everyone.

Rich T

I haven’t been to DL in quite a while; do the Monorail and Railroad Engines ever still do “Shave and a Haircut” when they pass each other? I loved those moments. 😊

CaptinEO

I meet number one I guess, I'm a Star Wars fan but whatever this is is not a Star Wars theme. It's like a grandma trying to throw a star wars themed party for her grandkid without knowing what Star Wars actually is.

That being said I'm not into roleplaying and am not paying that kind of money, especially when you factor flying to Disney World but not even going to the parks for 2 days to experience knock off Star Wars.

Dear Prudence

*spends a few weeks not on the internet because would rather deal with being under water instead of manufactured drama
*logs back into the internet to see that everything has gone to blazes and Disney adults have all lost their minds and no one knows how to act
*immediately logs back out indefinitely
*salutes

Parteecia

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230124-093235_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230124-093235_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 57

Disney Analyst

According to MC, Small World lighting was slightly updated

At night, the lighting scheme got a bit of an update with a couple of new splashes of color. The front of the facade is lit in white, with the back layers lit in deep blue — but now a couple additional splashes of color, such as pink and green, have been added. It looks quite nice!

, Disneyland Update: Time to Recalibrate, Illuminate, and Celebrate!

A new light show on the facade now accompanies the quarter-hour clock show… but on Friday, the parade of children wasn’t quite working yet. We got video of the lighting sequence, however, for you to see.

Rich T

To kids like me at the time, (and many nervous adults, I’m sure), the Pack Mules ride was a genuine thrill. It was no kiddy attraction, it was a genuine trek off into the mysterious wilds of Nature’s wonderland aboard a very large living beast. Disneyland had some real-deal experiences back then, which is also what made Knott’s so unique and gritty and wonderful.

PiratesMansion

Should I get a boarding group for the new fireworks show this Friday or the new World of Color? I’m leaning fireworks.
Wait, they're doing a virtual queue for the fireworks now too?

How does that work? Same as WOC? Or is it some kind of dining package special?

I hadn't heard anything about this.

Or maybe this is a joke and I'm being dense, I can't tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom