Poly & TTC

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Hi everyone. Two questions.
We are staying at the Poly in March, DVC Lake View. I’m assuming we will be in the Moorea building. If we walk to the TTC to get the monorail for Epcot and MK, do we go through security on the Poly side or with everyone else entering the TTC? Also, when going to MK, is it quicker to take the monorail from the TTC or the main building?
Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
1. You’ll go through security with everyone else at the TTC.

2. It is quicker to get to MK from Moorea via the TTC. If you are headed during the “morning rush” using the ferry is actually faster than the monorail (speaking from multiple experiences.)

If you are headed to/from MK during non-peak times, taking the small boat launch is pretty and scenic. It is also fun to ride the resort monorail.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster

2. It is quicker to get to MK from Moorea via the TTC. If you are headed during the “morning rush” using the ferry is actually faster than the monorail (speaking from multiple experiences.)

If you are headed to/from MK during non-peak times, taking the small boat launch is pretty and scenic. It is also fun to ride the resort monorail.
This is helpful, thank you. I forgot there is also a ferry. We are first timers at the Poly and for the monorail. We have only ever stayed at resorts using buses. So it’s all new to us.
How much time should we give ourselves in the morning to arrive prior to early entry? For example, if early entry is at 8:30 and we want to be entering by 8ish.
Thanks!!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

I disagree with this. I was at the Polynesian for 10 days last week and we had much better luck using the Poly stop than the TTC stop. The TTC stop might be faster if you click a stopwatch the second you board, but we always waited longer for a train to arrive in the first place, it stopped multiple times for traffic on the beam, and it was unpleasant being in the hordes of TTC people.

Even if it took 10 extra minutes (which I don't think it does), I would board at the Polynesian station strictly for the much more pleasant security experience.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I disagree with this. I was at the Polynesian for 10 days last week and we had much better luck using the Poly stop than the TTC stop. The TTC stop might be faster if you click a stopwatch the second you board, but we always waited longer for a train to arrive in the first place, it stopped multiple times for traffic on the beam, and it was unpleasant being in the hordes of TTC people.

Even if it took 10 extra minutes (which I don't think it does), I would board at the Polynesian station strictly for the much more pleasant security experience.
That’s why I recommended the ferry over monorail at the TTC.

The monorails are showing their age and during my six trips last year the trains were slower, stopped often and were more unreliable than ever.

I boarded the resort monorail at the Poly last summer in plenty of time to make rope drop. Our monorail died on the line while in transit. A long debacle ensued.

Not everyone will have the same experience and therefore their recommendations for others will differ.

To quote @Weather_Lady ~ “YMMV”.

Weather_Lady

To quote @Weather_Lady ~ “YMMV”.
Oh my goodness, I've been quoted by @Tuvalu! :) I didn't invent that particular acronym, but I can't help feeling that...

56fbf50b-0003-4c33-b9d7-1912f1bb2938_text.gif

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I think we’ll take the boat to MK, and just use the monorail for Epcot. This is a shorter trip for us, only 5 park days, so I just don’t want to waste time because I’m not informed of the best transportation options.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Thanks everyone! I think we’ll take the boat to MK, and just use the monorail for Epcot. This is a shorter trip for us, only 5 park days, so I just don’t want to waste time because I’m not informed of the best transportation options.
I think you're overthinking it. (This isn't a criticism, it's an attempt to give you peace of mind and hopefully deflate some stress.)

No matter what transportation you pick, get there 45 minutes prior to Early Entry opening and you'll be towards the front of the line for Mine Train or wherever you're heading.

(Remember that Frontierland and Adventureland are not open for Early Entry rope drop.)

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I think you're overthinking it. (This isn't a criticism, it's an attempt to give you peace of mind and hopefully deflate some stress.)

No matter what transportation you pick, get there 45 minutes prior to Early Entry opening and you'll be towards the front of the line for Mine Train or wherever you're heading.

(Remember that Frontierland and Adventureland are not open for Early Entry rope drop.)
Thank you! I’m sure you’re right 😊

monorail81

The monorails are showing their age and during my six trips last year the trains were slower, stopped often and were more unreliable than ever.

I boarded the resort monorail at the Poly last summer in plenty of time to make rope drop. Our monorail died on the line while in transit. A long debacle ensued.
That’s because I’m not there driving them anymore and things went downhill after I left. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom