News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

dovetail65

I know Disney is all about return on investment but I feel like when building a Tiana attraction they are missing out big time by not building a Tiana’s place cajun/New Orleans style table service restaurant along with a snack location that sells beignets.
beignets, if the wife would only allow me one!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know Disney is all about return on investment but I feel like when building a Tiana attraction they are missing out big time by not building a Tiana’s place cajun/New Orleans style table service restaurant along with a snack location that sells beignets.
There's been a lot of armchair suggestions for a wider revamp of Frontierland to make TBA fit better.

I do hope that comes about.

Heck, fans, even those not crazy for PatF have been left scratching our collective heads why there hasn't been a Tiana's Place in the parks long ago. At least she got her franchise going on the cruise lines.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

This would be great in WDW, but what do you do in Disneyland since they already have a New Orleans style restaurant and re-theming it to Tiana wouldn't really fit with Pirates.

Touchdown

PSA: If anyone here is considering a trip soon to L.A. to ride DL’s Splash Mtn., do take a side trip to nearby Knott’s Berry Farm to ride Timber Mountain, a fantastic, historic Log Flume that greatly influenced Tony Baxters design for Splash.

Timber Mountain is wonderfully, fully themed to a working lumberjack town, from the Garner Holt AAs to the sets, authentic props, CM costumes and catchy theme song that plays in various forms throughout. It also was the first to do the enter-a-pitch-dark-cave-and-plummet-down-a-surprise-drop-into-underground-caverns thing.

And I actually think it was and still is, overall, the best log flume on Earth.
My second favorite behind WDW Splash, DL Splash sits at #5 (3 is Dudley, 4 is Paul Bunyan Log Chute aka northern Timber Mtn at the Mall of America.)

Ayla

There's been a lot of armchair suggestions for a wider revamp of Frontierland to make TBA fit better.

I do hope that comes about.

Heck, fans, even those not crazy for PatF have been left scratching our collective heads why there hasn't been a Tiana's Place in the parks long ago. At least she got her franchise going on the cruise lines.
If they make it too New Orlean ish, then BTMRR won't fit, though. It's kind of a no-win situation.

doctornick

If they are serious about "beyond thunder mountain" - and depending on how that is configured - it would make a lot of sense to use the space after the railroad underpass to be a New Orleans or Bayou themed area with a Tiana restaurant. And then they can continue that path north to connect to new areas if they are built.

celluloid

I know there is not much to it, but I wonder if they will keep/replace the "Laughing Place" play area that's under the Railroad.

It would be unwise to destroy that as it is a great place for those not willing to ride/too short to ride to set up a base and play to spend some time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom