News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
and why aren't the World Showplace events all moved into the vacant WOL building... or why weren't the Showplace events moved into the empty innovations building... Why would they tear down and or leave vacant huge buildings and then still use a "temporary for the Millennium Celebration" tent...?
Hellenium Village has been sold 10,000 over it’s cost by events. It’s going nowhere…unfortunately.

TikibirdLand

and why aren't the World Showplace events all moved into the vacant WOL building... or why weren't the Showplace events moved into the empty innovations building... Why would they tear down and or leave vacant huge buildings and then still use a "temporary for the Millennium Celebration" tent...?
Every time we walked by that tent, I wondered that very thing. Pushed out of the way as that tent is, I don't think anyone else thinks that though.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I wish they'd use the Millennium building for something regularly or else tear it down (I know it's been used for festival stuff, as we ate there last March, but don't know if it's regularly used 9 months out of the year). There is a large amount of restroom capacity attached to that building as well.

TikibirdLand

I wish they'd use the Millennium building for something regularly or else tear it down (I know it's been used for festival stuff, as we ate there last March, but don't know if it's regularly used 9 months out of the year). There is a large amount of restroom capacity attached to that building as well.
IIRC, it's being used for corporate events. Not sure how often though; I don't get invited to them ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
IIRC, it's being used for corporate events. Not sure how often though; I don't get invited to them ;)

I've been in there recently for food events (we had multiple servings of a delicious chocolate raspberry cake), and a pre-marathon event when my wife ran one of the races 5-6 years ago. Corporate events wouldn't shock me, either.

Like the Communicore buildings, they seem completely inept at utilizing existing spaces right now for anything but special events. :banghead:

Bocabear

To be fair, this is off the beaten path for most park consumers, certainly not an eyesore like the wand became.
to me, it's not about whether it is visible or not...It is more about keeping a tent tat is eating up needed attraction space, and tearing down buildings and venues that could be used for the same purpose as the (supposed to be) tmporary tent.

bcoachable

It’s also pretty accessible from back stage without having to enter the park, this events are easily catered and attended by non park guests as well as park guests.

durangojim

I don't know if this has been brought up before or not and I have no idea if this is still relevant or true but I was speaking with one of my patients this morning and most know that I'm a Disney nut. She is too and was telling me that she and her husband are going to WDW in May. I asked if she had been on Ratatouille. She mentioned she had and that her husband helped design the wireless ride system for it along with RotR, and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway railway. She said at the time he had also been working on the same system to be incorporated into the new Mary Poppins ride at EPCOT. She said she didn't have anymore details and that the company has since gone under but I thought it was interesting and it was the first time I had heard about this technology being considered for that ride.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know if this has been brought up before or not and I have no idea if this is still relevant or true but I was speaking with one of my patients this morning and most know that I'm a Disney nut. She is too and was telling me that she and her husband are going to WDW in May. I asked if she had been on Ratatouille. She mentioned she had and that her husband helped design the wireless ride system for it along with RotR, and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway railway. She said at the time he had also been working on the same system to be incorporated into the new Mary Poppins ride at EPCOT. She said she didn't have anymore details and that the company has since gone under but I thought it was interesting and it was the first time I had heard about this technology being considered for that ride.
That makes some sense…because it’s the same ride system.

But…to go from 0 to 4 trackless seems a bit redundant. None are blow your socks off…quite mundane, actually.

I’m all for re-using ride systems…there are many out there…but steal someone else’s for a change.

tanc

Considering that is this on the back burner, I wonder if this will ever come to fruition. Kind of blows my mind that Disney makes concepts but never pursues them sometimes. With the massive competition from Universal, you would think they would be better prepared.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom