Disney’s Q1 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast - Wednesday, Feb 8, 2023

doctornick

If they just mention additional investment into the parks to me that means nothing unless it’s something of value.
And of course they could always be general in terms of any investment, as that segment includes all theme parks (domestic and international) plus the cruise line plus consumer products. If they talk about their CapEx but don’t specifically assign it to domestic parks, I wouldn’t get too excited about it improving WDW.

sedati

From what I’ve heard Bob had an epiphany and realized that the parks are the heart and soul of the company and they need $$$$ and that we should get a taste of that on the 8th. Hope I’m not wrong.
If the heart and soul of the company is the part that few people ever get to experience or do so every couple of years then there's a problem.

I love the parks, but have never considered it Disney's core.

Kamikaze

Have started to hear that parks enthusiasts will want to tune into this. This might relate to what @SplashZander was mentioning in another thread about WDI being very busy as of recently.

I can't recall a time when they made 'new attraction' announcements during an earnings call.

They might say something like 'we're going to invest X in the parks in the next 5 years' but I very much doubt they'd say 'we're going to build Carsland at DHS' or anything similar.

drnilescrane

I can't recall a time when they made 'new attraction' announcements during an earnings call.
I think the best one could hope for is a timeline on investment that was already planned - such as a date for the Quintet ride at DCA - or a commitment to increasing Capex.

I think they are going to do the latter - the market is clearly asking for it. They see the parks as a better bet at the moment than the black hole of streaming content.

They might even hold an investor day in the future much like the one for Disney+ where they do make announcements and lay out plans.

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

They might say something like 'we're going to invest X in the parks in the next 5 years' but I very much doubt they'd say 'we're going to build Carsland at DHS' or anything similar.
Yes. But. You could see them getting a bit more into the specifics (or plans) if nothing else than to blunt the proxy arguments on their handling of the parks (though I don’t think Peltz and others are saying their not sufficiently investing in them?)

RSoxNo1

I think the best one could hope for is a timeline on investment that was already planned - such as a date for the Quintet ride at DCA - or a commitment to increasing Capex.

I think they are going to do the latter - the market is clearly asking for it. They see the parks as a better bet at the moment than the black hole of streaming content.

They might even hold an investor day in the future much like the one for Disney+ where they do make announcements and lay out plans.
@lentesta has mentioned on two consecutive podcasts that he has heard rumblings that the annual parks budget was increased by a billion dollars shortly after fiscal year end. I could see something like that being confirmed.

Rickcat96

@lentesta has mentioned on two consecutive podcasts that he has heard rumblings that the annual parks budget was increased by a billion dollars shortly after fiscal year end. I could see something like that being confirmed.
Doubt it in this forum, plus they dont have the funds to finish what they have now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
YARN | The game is afoot. | Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987 ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom