Portions of Kidzone closing January 16, 2023

celluloid

That Barney Bathroom was one of the most underappreciated building facilities is any theme park, much like a lot of Kid Zone.

I will miss Fivel the most.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Site we don't say posted pics from today. Walls and tarps already up
construction-walls-up-kidzone-16.jpg
construction-walls-up-kidzone-1.jpg
construction-walls-up-kidzone-9.jpg

DonniePeverley

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Woeful section of the park that needed gutting the day after it was built. And when i say next day, i mean literally the next morning before the park opened and anyone got a unfortunate chance to experience it.

wolfhowling-yes.gif

Last edited:

celluloid

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Woeful section of the park that needed gutting the day after it was built.

I don't even think you were born when it was built. That may explain why it seems odd to think of it once a great thing. A lot of it won awards and accolades. Also, it is difficult to say what you mean day after it was built. Kid Zone was a branding name given much later than Fivel, ET Adventure, which have been there since and before1992.(ET opened with the park in 1990 and is obviously staying for now)

My biggest gripe was that it took Bates Mansion and Hotel, but I can understand that those were merely set pieces that were never going to be more than eye candy anymore.

DonniePeverley

E.T. is not leaving

That's a blessing.

There is simply no way Universal can remove that attraction. Whilst the IP is old and dated, it provides an actual physical attraction (Without screens) that the whole family can ride. In essence it provides some balance to the glut of screen attractions (or roller coasters).

tcool123

There is simply no way Universal can remove that attraction. Whilst the IP is old and dated, it provides an actual physical attraction (Without screens) that the whole family can ride. In essence it provides some balance to the glut of screen attractions (or roller coasters).
As long as their child is 42" or taller. A family ride where the whole family can't ride 😅

lazyboy97o

As long as their child is 42" or taller. A family ride where the whole family can't ride 😅
E.T. Adventure is only 34” but I think your point remains. Universal is really bad about having height limits. Seuss Landing has height limits on its non-flat rides. Yoshi’s Adventure has a height limit. Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster had a height limit 2” greater than the same model of coaster at Magic Kingdom and I would be surprised to see it reduced during its retheme. I’m very curious to see what the height requirement will be like with the Texas park.

Cmdr_Crimson

I find it a bit odd how many where upset that Woody's nuthouse coaster was closing when literally the same coaster is at MK as the Barnstormer..And it's just a Vekoma Roller Skater coaster layout.

tcool123

E.T. Adventure is only 34” but I think your point remains. Universal is really bad about having height limits. Seuss Landing has height limits on its non-flat rides. Yoshi’s Adventure has a height limit. Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster had a height limit 2” greater than the same model of coaster at Magic Kingdom and I would be surprised to see it reduced during its retheme. I’m very curious to see what the height requirement will be like with the Texas park.
Oops my bad was in a hurry, not sure what I saw then lol!

They truly need good old fashioned dark rides for their family areas with no height restrictions. I draw a blank when thinking of attractions without them beyond those in theaters, play areas, and probably Poseidon’s Fury.

lazyboy97o

I find it a bit odd how many where upset that Woody's nuthouse coaster was closing when literally the same coaster is at MK as the Barnstormer..And it's just a Vekoma Roller Skater coaster layout.
Universal doesn’t have much without or with a low height requirement. Mille most of KidsZone it’ll get rethemed.

Oops my bad was in a hurry, not sure what I saw then lol!

They truly need good old fashioned dark rides for their family areas with no height restrictions. I draw a blank when thinking of attractions without them beyond those in theaters, play areas, and probably Poseidon’s Fury.
Islands of Adventure
  • Storm Force Accelerator
  • One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
  • Caro-Seuss-El
  • Poseidon’s Fury
  • Hogwarts Express
Universal Studios Florida
  • Minion Mayhem (stationary seats)
  • Kang and Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
  • Hogwart’s Express
Epic Universe
  • Double Decker Carousel
  • How to Train Your Dragon Boat Battle Ride

tcool123

Universal doesn’t have much without or with a low height requirement. Mille most of KidsZone it’ll get rethemed.

Islands of Adventure
  • Storm Force Accelerator
  • One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
  • Caro-Seuss-El
  • Poseidon’s Fury
  • Hogwarts Express
Universal Studios Florida
  • Minion Mayhem (stationary seats)
  • Kang and Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
  • Hogwart’s Express
Epic Universe
  • Double Decker Carousel
  • How to Train Your Dragon Boat Battle Ride
Truly their achilles heel, and hopefully it gets better for further competition with Disney. Not saying for them to pivot from what they do, but still just wow 😅

lazyboy97o

Truly their achilles heel, and hopefully it gets better for further competition with Disney. Not saying for them to pivot from what they do, but still just wow 😅
It truly is. Seriously, why does Yoshi’s Adventure have a height requirement? It’s what makes the Texas park such an odd move. It’s also weird how they have different height requirements for the same ride systems (Men in Black vs Cat in the Hat, Skull Island vs Fast and Furious, Woody Woodpecker vs Barnstormer). Then there’s the strict seating policy on One Fish, Two Fish and Twirl ‘n’ Hurl that means a parent with two young kids has to either wait for a specific car to be available (Fishes) or not ride at all (Twirl ‘n’ Hurl). That’s right, a parents with two young kids can ride Dumbo and Magic Carpets but not Twirl ‘n’ Hurl. I honestly would not be surprised if the Dragons boat ride had some sort of height limit.

JoeCamel

Nah, there just isn't enough stroller parking to have hordes of the littles clogging up the place. They have a fine balance and their parks are full

Frankenstein79

There was never any need to close down the original Kong attraction. Granted they had issues with the technicalities of the ride, but it could have been fixed. The themeing of that attraction was just awesome.

The Mummy could have gone into this area.

The zone is just an excuse for cheap attractions.

Yeah, I concur.

King Kong and Ghostbuster fit the New York section like a glove. I don't know why Universal keeps replacing their classic attractions, when they've got so much space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom