Selling Enchanted Tiki Rm Disneyland Animatronic Owl

img (6).jpeg

Wise Owl was acquired directly from the engineer who helped build Disneyland. He was one of the first Imagineers. He worked on Its a Small World, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Abe Lincoln, along with several other exhibits. It is fully wired for sound and some movement. A once in a lifetime opportunity. Included with the sale is a letter of provenance as shown.

Club Cooloholic

View attachment 596728

Wise Owl was acquired directly from the engineer who helped build Disneyland. He was one of the first Imagineers. He worked on Its a Small World, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Abe Lincoln, along with several other exhibits. It is fully wired for sound and some movement. A once in a lifetime opportunity. Included with the sale is a letter of provenance as shown.
I don't remember an owl on that atttraction at all. Anyone have info on what the role in it was?

Mesa Azul

It's actually from The Walt Disney Story. At least according to this.
Cool find, but that looks like a different animatronic. The face is completely different, not wrinkled like the owl here, and the hat and tassel are different. It's possible they from a similar design, but this is probably not the same character as in the Walt Disney Story attraction.

Can't believe that owl went for so low at auction only a few years ago. $5K is incredible for a working animatronic in such good shape, even without a strong history or ride attachment. If this really was from the Tiki Room it could have fetched a small fortune at Van Eaton or Heritage. Whoever bought this got a heck of a deal on this guy. I've seen standies and set pieces go for that and more! :)

Really cool piece. I hope whoever got him takes care of him! I just moved homes and I swear I was sweating on packing some of my more delicate props up. I feel so obligated to not be the one who destroys a piece of history...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom