News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

aladdin2007

And there's no reason to change anything. Change costs resources and money; the show is fine as is to run for a few months.
Agree, though I think We Go On (or something of that caliber) is very much missed/lacking and would love to hear that around the lagoon again. I dont think they could come up with something like that today, its not in them.

aladdin2007

I really hope this show has a soundtrack that's worthy of being played over the lagoon. I just relistened to the Rivers of Light soundtrack and was just thinking about the fact that this new Epcot show needs to have that same energy ROL had.
Love the ROL soundtrack, even LightMagic I still love listening to, as well as Surprise in the Skies.
And always thought Disneylands Luminaria, soundtrack wise, would be perfect for an Epcot holiday fireworks show.
but anyway, yes agree the new show needs that grandness and energy like ROL from a musical standpoint.

Disone

Tonight's show was a mess.. the arms on the stargate we're prepositioned and never moved. And the arms of the taco barges never revealed themselves or moved at all resulted in a long segment of no fireworks During the finale.

There were some lasers, most notably the rose did appear, and earlier some jungle vines, but that was about the only thing that jumped off of the stargate. The manta ray did not, nor did Tiana's star. The yin and yang never appeared.

Main fireworks only fired from the working barge on the west (UK) side of the lagoon.

The cold absolutely decimated the crowds. Epcot was very busy during the morning and early afternoon. At night we got front and center at about 25 minutes before showtime and there was no one there. Then about 10 minutes before showtime the area between the two world showcase merchandise pavilions filled in nicely.

My friend who has never seen it really loved me.

Me.., Overall very h@lf@$$ show tonight. IMO the damage to the other barge is being milked as an excuse to do less... with less. What one of these barges does during Harmonious is a drop in the bucket compared to what they do for the old holiday tags, ant current 4th of July, or New Year's Eve shows. While lopsided the remaining barge clearly has the capacity to hold and launch the inventory of the other barge.

Vinnie Mac

If they had any sense, they'd go back to the old naming convention of IllumiNations: Subtitle.

IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
IllumiNations: Millenium Celebration
IllumiNations: Harmonious
IllumiNations: We Are One
Wasn't Harmonious supposed to be Illuminations: Windows on the World or something like that but they decided not to cause of the restaurant in the trade centers?

Tonight's show was a mess.. the arms on the stargate we're prepositioned and never moved. And the arms of the taco barges never revealed themselves or moved at all resulted in a long segment of no fireworks During the finale.

There were some lasers, most notably the rose did appear, and earlier some jungle vines, but that was about the only thing that jumped off of the stargate. The manta ray did not, nor did Tiana's star. The yin and yang never appeared.

Main fireworks only fired from the working barge on the west (UK) side of the lagoon.

The cold absolutely decimated the crowds. Epcot was very busy during the morning and early afternoon. At night we got front and center at about 25 minutes before showtime and there was no one there. Then about 10 minutes before showtime the area between the two world showcase merchandise pavilions filled in nicely.

My friend who has never seen it really loved me.

Me.., Overall very h@lf@$$ show tonight. IMO the damage to the other barge is being milked as an excuse to do less... with less. What one of these barges does during Harmonious is a drop in the bucket compared to what they do for the old holiday tags, ant current 4th of July, or New Year's Eve shows. While lopsided the remaining barge clearly has the capacity to hold and launch the inventory of the other barge.
With the weather being what it was, I can understand the arms being set to a stationary position for the show. Cold temps and hydraulics typically don’t mix well and can do a number on the internal components due to additional strain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom