News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I despise paying for G+, although I have and it has worked well for us when we used it. What grinds my gears more than ANYTHING is the fact that you're paying for the system and you can't use it to re-ride. That to me is the biggest technical flaw of all. If I'm paying to use it, I should be able to get multiple G+ passes for rides I would like to re-ride.

JD80

That's the one thing I can never wrap my head around. Paying all that money to visit the parks and not actually staying in the parks much. I know there is lots to do at Disney outside the parks. If I'm paying $100 a day for park tickets I'm **** well sure I'm getting my money's worth.

Head in to MK at 8am, leave around 1-3pm, come back at 6pm, head back to the resort at 10pm. Just an example. I used to be in the parks all day kind of guy, but I find that I enjoy my vacation and experience more when I have some time either in the middle of the day or at the end to decompress and have time to think about the day. When you're constantly go go go in the parks, it's hard to stop and smell the roses.

Especially if you're trying to utilize G+.

Without that break, the whole vacation is a blur. But it depends on how you plan your vacation, I typically have park tickets every day I'm there. But if you have "resort days" or "off days" in-between I can understand not leaving the parks.

JD80

Excellent! And 2nd week in December is a GREAT time to go! as its "less crowded" at that time too.
I am happy to be wrong about single riders, but I do feel for you paying for Genie+ for 5 people every day for as many days as you went.

I booked when it was $15 flat and could tack it on to my package. Won't be using G+ every day again.

If I do two MK days in a stay I'll buy it for one day.
EPCOT makes it basically an ILL for Remy's.
It's worthless in AK
DHS is valuable. I'd basically start booking at 7am and just stack all my LLs for after 4 and take most of the to relax.

Different story if I have hoppers. Really wish I didn't have to buy hoppers every day for a package and could select which days to buy it on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
FP+>G+>Legacy FP>Standby only for my touring style.

Not arguing that it is the best thing ever, but just discrediting the idea that you can only get 2-3 a day at best.

I was zooming and zig zaging through the parks in 2011 with my family with original FP (I was always the FP runner), 2019 with FP+ (after initial 3), 2021 with nothing (tracking wait times), and 2022 with G+. If I'm paying to be in a park, I want to do as many attractions as possible!

I've done the same thing at USO (with and without express), cedar point and kings Island.

I also understand that not everyone tours like me and G+ is a big hinderance to them. At the moment, for me if it was free, included all rides and allowed re-rides, it would be just as good for me as FP+ was. I'm about to have my first child soon so we'll see how that changes things when I next get to WDW.
The “after 3”…in my experience…is a bit of an urban myth. The only people who claim they loaded up on fastpasses tend to be local…and well…you know?

And if your age in your profile is right…you never actually saw a standby only crowd and had limited fastpass experience, correct?

Fastpass worked the best…when the capacity fit the crowds…so like 1999-2005.

But they dumped it because they needed new wifi and the crowds no longer fit the throughput

Disstevefan1

The Park reservation is simply the worst idea known to history of man kind.

I totally agree about Park Pass reservations. The worst idea ever.

But there is hope.

As we know they have conditionally dropped PPRs for APs (the worst humans on earth)

The door is now cracked open. There is a chance PPRs will go away....... Some day...

Last edited by a moderator:

Purduevian

The “after 3”…in my experience…is a bit of an urban myth. The only people who claim they loaded up on fastpasses tend to be local…and well…you know?

And if your age in your profile is right…you never actually saw a standby only crowd and had limited fastpass experience, correct?

Fastpass worked the best…when the capacity fit the crowds…so like 1999-2005.

But they dumped it because they needed new wifi and the crowds no longer fit the throughput
What do you mean after 3 is an urban myth? I would book my 3 FP+ in the first 3.5ish hours of the day, then spend the next 8ish hours making more and more. I can search through my posting history, but I definitely spelled out some impressive FP+ days back in 2019.

Never remember the Pre-fastpass days (I'm too young for that), but did go for 4 days between FP+ and G+ starting (October 2021) so that's my standby only experience (It was the worst Disney experience I can remember, still fun but frustrating).

As far as legacy FP, I was 19 in 2013 when it shut down and went quite a bit in middle school/high school. I don't know exactly how many trips I went on between 1999 and 2013, but we did go for 10 days straight around 2010ish I remember running to RNRC, Soarin, and TSMM at rope drop with everyone's tickets and telling them to meet me somewhere else. Then watching times and running across the park to somewhere else, only to run back and meet them somewhere multiple times a day. My mom hated splitting up the group. I much prefer it being all digital (FP+/G+). I also remember being mad at my older sister because she didn't want to get up early and we didn't get FP until everyone was tapped in.
My dad even went one morning to go to Soarin at rope drop to get us FP (he was up anyway and we were at beach club). Then he learned everyone had to tap in before it would issue FP, so he had 1 and no one else did.

So no, I don't remember pre 1999 standby only, just 2021 standby only. I also don't remember early legacy fastpass, just late legacy FP.

Jrb1979

What do you mean after 3 is an urban myth? I would book my 3 FP+ in the first 3.5ish hours of the day, then spend the next 8ish hours making more and more. I can search through my posting history, but I definitely spelled out some impressive FP+ days back in 2019.

Never remember the Pre-fastpass days (I'm too young for that), but did go for 4 days between FP+ and G+ starting (October 2021) so that's my standby only experience (It was the worst Disney experience I can remember, still fun but frustrating).

As far as legacy FP, I was 19 in 2013 when it shut down and went quite a bit in middle school/high school. I don't know exactly how many trips I went on between 1999 and 2013, but we did go for 10 days straight around 2010ish I remember running to RNRC, Soarin, and TSMM at rope drop with everyone's tickets and telling them to meet me somewhere else. Then watching times and running across the park to somewhere else, only to run back and meet them somewhere multiple times a day. My mom hated splitting up the group. I much prefer it being all digital (FP+/G+). I also remember being mad at my older sister because she didn't want to get up early and we didn't get FP until everyone was tapped in.
My dad even went one morning to go to Soarin at rope drop to get us FP (he was up anyway and we were at beach club). Then he learned everyone had to tap in before it would issue FP, so he had 1 and no one else did.

So no, I don't remember pre 1999 standby only, just 2021 standby only. I also don't remember early legacy fastpass, just late legacy FP.
Your average guest booked their 3 FP and that was it. People on boards like this aren't your average guest.

gorillaball

Your average guest booked their 3 FP and that was it. People on boards like this aren't your average guest.
And, unless you went in one of the few extremely dead periods by the time you used your 3 FP's, even if that was before noon, your remaining options were 90% garbage (100% garbage for all parks not MK).

What were some of the rides you got FP 4+ on? And what month of the year?

(the above not to insinuate that G+ is better, it's not)

Jrb1979

And, unless you went in one of the few extremely dead periods by the time you used your 3 FP's, even if that was before noon, your remaining options were 90% garbage (100% garbage for all parks not MK).

Last time I went I got a couple of meet and greets and Buzz astro blaster.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Correct…and some of us battle veterans had no time for trying to slip through cracks and sneak a late day tower of terror because it wasn’t worth the effort on that awful prebooked cluster.
I’m not annointing genie a saint…just saying absence is making the disgruntled mask wearing heart grow fonder

101%

Jrb1979

Correct…and some of us battle veterans had no time for trying to slip through cracks and sneak a late day tower of terror because it wasn’t worth the effort on that awful prebooked cluster.
I’m not annointing genie a saint…just saying absence is making the disgruntled mask wearing heart grow fonder
It feels to me to the ones that miss FP+ the most are the ones who stroll into the parks late, the planners and those who go to the parks for a few hours and go back to their resort

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It feels to me to the ones that miss FP+ the most are the ones who stroll into the parks late, the planners and those who go to the parks for a few hours and go back to their resort
Correct. 3 and outs…the ones who are more apt to hobnob at the pool to be seen…

It’s also known as this:
1673643322303.jpeg

And I know because when met with any crowd resistance…I do the exact same thing

DonniePeverley

I totally agree about Park Pass reservations. The worst idea ever.

But there is hope.

As we know they have conditionally dropped PPRs for APs (the worst humans on earth)

The door is now cracked open. There is a chance PPRs will go away....... Some day...

Wait .... Annual passholders, who already get cheap subsidised tickets (and thus destroy the parks with huge crowds and spend very little) don't have to go through the horrors of the reservation system?

Tell me you are a joking.

Tell me rite now this is a joke.

klopp-rage.gif

pdude81

Wait .... Annual passholders, who already get cheap subsidised tickets (and thus destroy the parks with huge crowds and spend very little) don't have to go through the horrors of the reservation system?

Tell me you are a joking.

Tell me rite now this is a joke.

klopp-rage.gif
Yep, all 15 of us are out there eating the churros so there are none left for others.

MrHappy

101%
And it was free

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom