News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So you could book at 7, 11, 1 and 3.

We did that when we were out for the day and booked for MK in the evening. Kept pushing times back until after 7pm. By 5pm I could have booked Philarmagic etc but didn’t bother.
I don't tend to go during "busy" times of the year. Because I go frequently, I tend to skip things that I have little to no interest in. I also don't consider a G+ LL redemption worthwhile for a ride with a less than 20 minute wait. So that really narrows down the usability of G+. It's like using a LL for SSE or Philharmagic or Mission Space with a 10 minute wait. Yeah you could use it, but what difference does it really make.

Like I said, with FP+ you could easily score E-Ticket redemptions immediately if you were a power user. G+ just doesn't appeal to me.

ILL on the other hand (sadly) I'll pay for just to be able to do things more on my terms. I feel dirty though every time I do it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It isn’t impossible. It would be difficult and you’d have time to kill until your first hop.

Using early hours and extended evening hours makes it easier.
As does G+ and ILLs.

Without any of those, I reserve judgement. But using one, two or all three it is certainly possible.
Would you bet $5 on actually accomplishing it?

Purduevian

@Purduevian what was the date you did this?
And was it only you? Party of one?
Sorry my original post said February, but I meant to put October (managed to get to WDW twice this year!)

Date was October 22nd. Party of 2. My wife was pregnant so she didn't ride everything listed.

Booked Frozen right at 7am for the morning. It broke down as we were getting off Remy and they gave us a ME pass. Immediately booked Soarin. Rode Figment while waiting for Soarin window to open
Once tapped in for Soarin managed to get a Frozen again but a little further out. So rode Nemo (10:15am pic outside the seas) and guardians(VQ) (wife shopped). Frozen broke again as I was getting off guardians and gave us a second ME pass. Got in line for Mexico pyramid (yeah line to get in) and Gran Fiesta. While in line booked Navi (which was like 4:15pm I think) and kicked off the 2 hour rule.
After Fiesta, Frozen was back up and we used ME1 on it. Looked and ate at some food booths (stopped at Germany and turned around). Friendship boats weren't running so walked all the way to SSE (hitting a few more booths) and used ME2 on SSE. Then hopped to AK, while on the bus our 2 hours were up and I got a Safari for less than 30 mins away. We walked the tree of life trails and saw some animals before riding safari. While in line for Safari booked a FotLK for right after the safari.
Walked from Safari to FotLK (3:30pm show I think?)and were one of the last ones to tap into the LL before they closed it. While waiting for the show to start booked a MMRR for about 2 hours away (5:30ish?). Dropped the wife off at Pizzafari (she really wanted pizza) and I single rider rode Everest twice... I was the only single rider in line both times. Walked backed to pizzafari, and we went on Navi.
Hopped to DHS and tapped into MMRR, while in line I got a RnRC for basically now. Wife went shopping and I went down sunset. Tapped into RnRC with a single focus on ToT while in line. Didn't get it until I was walking out of the giftshop after the ride (last chance before calling it quits). I actually have a screenshot because I sent it to my wife to tell her to keep shopping. At 7:13pm I had a 7:15 ToT. After ToT we took the skyliner to Epcot and hit a few more food booths before Harmonious. I was going to try to get one more for RAT, but wife said she was done and just wanted to eat and watch fireworks.
Total step count: 34,829

I probably would have hit even more if the modify button was a thing back then (probably would have squeezed in test track, morning RAT re-ride, or dinosaur)

nickys

Premium Member
Would you bet $5 on actually accomplishing it?
Sure.

Are you paying my airfare and park ticket? 😎

Like I say paying for FoP and Rise, and using G+ for TT and MK rides later on means you could start at DHS and do Smuggler’s Run, ToT and RnR before using the ILL for Rise. Hop to AK and do FoP and whatever else there before heading back to Epcot. Use stacked G+ for TT, stand-by for Soarin, single rider for Cosmic Rewnd and then over to MK to use the rest of your stacked G+ for the Mountains.

Given Splash is closed now, that makes it easier too!

And let’s ignore the fact I won’t do Cosmic Rewind, ToT, RnR, Everest or Space Mountain. 😂😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't tend to go during "busy" times of the year. Because I go frequently, I tend to skip things that I have little to no interest in. I also don't consider a G+ LL redemption worthwhile for a ride with a less than 20 minute wait. So that really narrows down the usability of G+. It's like using a LL for SSE or Philharmagic or Mission Space with a 10 minute wait. Yeah you could use it, but what difference does it really make.

Like I said, with FP+ you could easily score E-Ticket redemptions immediately if you were a power user. G+ just doesn't appeal to me.

ILL on the other hand (sadly) I'll pay for just to be able to do things more on my terms. I feel dirty though every time I do it.
If I did not take or leave any and all things based on my gut feeling that day…

…I would be 100% miserable.

And that doesn’t matter for me…they don’t nor shouldn’t care about me…
But trying to replenish the ranks of customers as the boomers blink out?
Woah boy

Disstevefan1

Sorry my original post said February, but I meant to put October (managed to get to WDW twice this year!)

Date was October 22nd. Party of 2. My wife was pregnant so she didn't ride everything listed.

Booked Frozen right at 7am for the morning. It broke down as we were getting off Remy and they gave us a ME pass. Immediately booked Soarin. Rode Figment while waiting for Soarin window to open
Once tapped in for Soarin managed to get a Frozen again but a little further out. So rode Nemo (10:15am pic outside the seas) and guardians(VQ) (wife shopped). Frozen broke again as I was getting off guardians and gave us a second ME pass. Got in line for Mexico pyramid (yeah line to get in) and Gran Fiesta. While in line booked Navi (which was like 4:15pm I think) and kicked off the 2 hour rule.
After Fiesta, Frozen was back up and we used ME1 on it. Looked and ate at some food booths (stopped at Germany and turned around). Friendship boats weren't running so walked all the way to SSE (hitting a few more booths) and used ME2 on SSE. Then hopped to AK, while on the bus our 2 hours were up and I got a Safari for less than 30 mins away. We walked the tree of life trails and saw some animals before riding safari. While in line for Safari booked a FotLK for right after the safari.
Walked from Safari to FotLK (3:30pm show I think?)and were one of the last ones to tap into the LL before they closed it. While waiting for the show to start booked a MMRR for about 2 hours away (5:30ish?). Dropped the wife off at Pizzafari (she really wanted pizza) and I single rider rode Everest twice... I was the only single rider in line both times. Walked backed to pizzafari, and we went on Navi.
Hopped to DHS and tapped into MMRR, while in line I got a RnRC for basically now. Wife went shopping and I went down sunset. Tapped into RnRC with a single focus on ToT while in line. Didn't get it until I was walking out of the giftshop after the ride (last chance before calling it quits). I actually have a screenshot because I sent it to my wife to tell her to keep shopping. At 7:13pm I had a 7:15 ToT. After ToT we took the skyliner to Epcot and hit a few more food booths before Harmonious. I was going to try to get one more for RAT, but wife said she was done and just wanted to eat and watch fireworks.
Total step count: 34,829

I probably would have hit even more if the modify button was a thing back then (probably would have squeezed in test track, morning RAT re-ride, or dinosaur)
This was a fun day for you!
I would not give all the credit to the Genie+ system.
I think some factors for your success are:
  • A party of one. It's easier to book a LL for one obviously.
  • A party of one allowed you to be constantly checking the app, making best use of the app.
  • October (historically "less crowded")
  • I think the breakdowns (ME passes) ironically helped.
  • Single rider (you would be surprised how many people have no idea where the single rider entrance is for Everest is!)
So, this is single user making the best use of the Genie+ system in a "lesser crowded" time of the year.

I think in all cases to get the most out of the Genie+ you must of course. buy it and work the app hard all day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
  • A party of one allowed you to be constantly checking the app, making best use of the app.
  • Single rider (you would be surprised how many people have no idea where the single rider entrance is for Everest is!)
So, this is single user making the best use of the Genie+ system in a "lesser crowded" time of the year.

I think in all cases to get the most out of the Genie+ you must of course. buy it and work the app hard all day.
Unless I read the wrong post…it sounded like pure hell…

The story afterward being far more “fun” than the day itself

JD80

Sure.

Are you paying my airfare and park ticket? 😎

Like I say paying for FoP and Rise, and using G+ for TT and MK rides later on means you could start at DHS and do Smuggler’s Run, ToT and RnR before using the ILL for Rise. Hop to AK and do FoP and whatever else there before heading back to Epcot. Use stacked G+ for TT, stand-by for Soarin, single rider for Cosmic Rewnd and then over to MK to use the rest of your stacked G+ for the Mountains.

Given Splash is closed now, that makes it easier too!

And let’s ignore the fact I won’t do Cosmic Rewind, ToT, RnR, Everest or Space Mountain. 😂😂

In July I did

7:30 AK
EE x4 > Pandora > Safari > Kali > Misc > Sanaa for lunch

2:00 DHS
MMRR > Resort for pools (could have had a LL for ToT/Falcon and a ILL For Rise but decided on a 2 hour break at the Resort instead

4:00 Epcot
Cosmic Rewind ILL > Remy > Frozen > some other stuff I can't remember

6:30 MK
Bunch of stuff I can't remember including Splash, Space etc.

JD80

I've had multiple 6-8+ LL days with a family of five that also includes 4-5 hour mid day breaks. This was the second week in December. If I wanted to drive my family crazy, could have done much more.

Jrb1979

I've had multiple 6-8+ LL days with a family of five that also includes 4-5 hour mid day breaks. This was the second week in December. If I wanted to drive my family crazy, could have done much more.
That's the one thing I can never wrap my head around. Paying all that money to visit the parks and not actually staying in the parks much. I know there is lots to do at Disney outside the parks. If I'm paying $100 a day for park tickets I'm **** well sure I'm getting my money's worth.

Disstevefan1

Excellent! And 2nd week in December is a GREAT time to go! as its "less crowded" at that time too.
I am happy to be wrong about single riders, but I do feel for you paying for Genie+ for 5 people every day for as many days as you went.

Purduevian

• Party size doesn't matter with G+ (also I had a party of 2 for almost everything), it doesn't ask who the LL is for until you actually have the time locked down.
  • ME are golden tickets and 100% are good for your day, however they are not really "rare" in my experience. I've used G+ 3 times at WDW and scored 4 ME in those 3 days. I've used it twice at DLR and scored 4 in those 2 days
  • A small party actually would make it worse for checking the app. Less people to play the refresh game
  • October is definitely not the busiest time, but also a Saturday in October wasn't "dead"
  • Yup single rider of Everest 100% made that ride possible, but had nothing to do with G+ utilization

Disstevefan1

• Party size doesn't matter with G+ (also I had a party of 2 for almost everything), it doesn't ask who the LL is for until you actually have the time locked down.
  • ME are golden tickets and 100% are good for your day, however they are not really "rare" in my experience. I've used G+ 3 times at WDW and scored 4 ME in those 3 days. I've used it twice at DLR and scored 4 in those 2 days
  • A small party actually would make it worse for checking the app. Less people to play the refresh game
  • October is definitely not the busiest time, but also a Saturday in October wasn't "dead"
  • Yup single rider of Everest 100% made that ride possible, but had nothing to do with G+ utilization
I am totally discredited, and Genie+ is the best front of the line system ever created and is much better than even the free FastPass+ system ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am totally discredited, and Genie+ is the best front of the line system ever created and is much better than even the free FastPass+ system ;)
You know what’s weird?

Even though sprinting through parks is feasible…but not realistic for fun…

it’s only feasible now because of genie. It wasn’t happening under everyone’s beloved 3 and our prebook.
It would die in standby lines that never moved then.

Purduevian

FP+>G+>Legacy FP>Standby only for my touring style.

Not arguing that it is the best thing ever, but just discrediting the idea that you can only get 2-3 a day at best.
At best you can redeem 2-3 G+ LL, with FP+ you could easily double your G+ redemptions. If you were a FP+ power user and just slammed the system looking for immediate FP+ availability you could do even better than that.

You know what’s weird?

Even though sprinting through parks is feasible…but not realistic for fun…

it’s only feasible now because of genie. It wasn’t happening under everyone’s beloved 3 and our prebook.
It would die in standby lines that never moved then.
I was zooming and zig zaging through the parks in 2011 with my family with original FP (I was always the FP runner), 2019 with FP+ (after initial 3), 2021 with nothing (tracking wait times), and 2022 with G+. If I'm paying to be in a park, I want to do as many attractions as possible!

I've done the same thing at USO (with and without express), cedar point and kings Island.

I also understand that not everyone tours like me and G+ is a big hinderance to them. At the moment, for me if it was free, included all rides and allowed re-rides, it would be just as good for me as FP+ was. I'm about to have my first child soon so we'll see how that changes things when I next get to WDW.

Last edited:

seabreezept813

That's the one thing I can never wrap my head around. Paying all that money to visit the parks and not actually staying in the parks much. I know there is lots to do at Disney outside the parks. If I'm paying $100 a day for park tickets I'm **** well sure I'm getting my money's worth.
My friend and I were talking about this because I've brought both my daughters at age 1 and stay in the park but sometimes leave at 7 at night. I told her my dad would never go to Disney that way (not staying until close)--we had to be old enough to do open to close and get every cents worth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom