runDisney returns to Disneyland in 2024

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
not to burst your bubble but I thought they were not going to do "perfect" for Springtime Surprise because the event changes every year?
D'oh! No one tell the rest of my traveling companions! I convinced five people to sign up for Springtime Surprise, because we were still "perfect" from having done this year's event! Might've skipped it or done Princess (which one of the couples has been wanting to do for awhile) had I known, we enjoy the movies, but none of us are the biggest Pixar fans.

@Rteetz - "I am trying to remain optimistic they will end up doing perfect status for the challenge at least lol. I do not totally trust email responses from runDisney all the time either."
I sure hope you're right!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Details released today -

"We’re so excited to bring runDisney races back to the west coast in 2024 and are even more excited for the return of the fan-favorite Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend. Taking place January 11-14, 2024, the weekend will include three endurance events, a challenge and more that are sure to be filled with memorable moments and magical miles running at the Happiest Place on Earth.

We’re also thrilled that with the return of the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend, runDisney will also be reintroducing the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge in 2024! More information about the Challenge and how to qualify will be available on runDisney.com later this month."

Registration dates -

Club runDisney - Feb. 7, 2023
General - Feb. 14, 2023
Virtual - Feb. 17, 2023

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
the weekend AFTER Dopey?? wooooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffff

Wait...so can you do Dopey, Castaway Cay AND Disneyland?? Is it even possible??

Edit: not possible. The post marathon Castaway Cay challenge cruise is a 4-night 1/8-1/12

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Weird announcement, we have dates, and distances but no firm details such as themes. That being said I would love to try and register for this. Need to see if I can make this work interested in Coast to coast.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Edit: not possible. The post marathon Castaway Cay challenge cruise is a 4-night 1/8-1/12

Could have done DLR Half the weekend following the Castaway Cay Challenge, rather than MLK weekend. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Rteetz

Well you could. You’d just miss the 5K for sure. You fly directly from MCO to Disneyland after the cruise.

Surferboy567

Couple of questions since I am not as experienced with Disneyland:

1.) How does the expo work in Disneyland? Where is it?

2.) What do the courses normally look like for these events?

3.) How does the coast to coast challenge work? Is it ”one calendar YEAR” or one race season? Can I do say Disneyland half marathon weekend and then do Wine & Dine 2024 they are technically in different “race seasons”.

4.) Do you have to register separately for coast to coast? I would probably want to get the Disneyland specific challenge medal as well.

5.) How does race transportation work in Disneyland? Is their any meaningful benefits to staying on-site? Looking more for race specific benefits here, I am aware of the park benefits.

6.) Do the challenges function differently in Disneyland than in Disney World? Is a Disneyland challenge the 10K, and Half like normal? Meaning the 5K is a separate registration?

7.) I assume registration will work the same way as it does in Disney World?

EDIT: A couple of these may not have an updated answer, but speaking historically here. I’m still not totally sure about this weekend, but I’d like to participate if possible.

Last edited:

RunningKoen

Some of the answers will be unsure, because it’s been a while. Routes might be slightly different after all these years.

The coast to coast is not something to register for. It’s something to check during registration for a race.

This C2C is a year, so 2024. Whenever you finish the 2nd race, you get the medal over there.

For those who are eligible after marathonweekend and the half in DL directly in January, there should be medals in Disneyland. For all other races (first DL, than either princess springtime or Wine and Dine), there will be medals in WDW.

You used to get a wrist band sometimes.

The Disneyland challenge itself is the combination of races, just like in WDW. Works the same. Get a different bib and finish them all for the extra medal.

Registration will very likely be with the usual rD portal. It used to be similar for WDW and DL back than, but that was before the rD portal

Surferboy567

Some of the answers will be unsure, because it’s been a while. Routes might be slightly different after all these years.

The coast to coast is not something to register for. It’s something to check during registration for a race.

This C2C is a year, so 2024. Whenever you finish the 2nd race, you get the medal over there.

For those who are eligible after marathonweekend and the half in DL directly in January, there should be medals in Disneyland. For all other races (first DL, than either princess springtime or Wine and Dine), there will be medals in WDW.

You used to get a wrist band sometimes.

The Disneyland challenge itself is the combination of races, just like in WDW. Works the same. Get a different bib and finish them all for the extra medal.

Registration will very likely be with the usual rD portal. It used to be similar for WDW and DL back than, but that was before the rD portal
Gotcha, this helps thanks!

AJFireman

Couple of questions since I am not as experienced with Disneyland:

1.) How does the expo work in Disneyland? Where is it?

2.) What do the courses normally look like for these events?

3.) How does the coast to coast challenge work? Is it ”one calendar YEAR” or one race season? Can I do say Disneyland half marathon weekend and then do Wine & Dine 2024 they are technically in different “race seasons”.

4.) Do you have to register separately for coast to coast? I would probably want to get the Disneyland specific challenge medal as well.

5.) How does race transportation work in Disneyland? Is their any meaningful benefits to staying on-site? Looking more for race specific benefits here, I am aware of the park benefits.

6.) Do the challenges function differently in Disneyland than in Disney World? Is a Disneyland challenge the 10K, and Half like normal? Meaning the 5K is a separate registration?

7.) I assume registration will work the same way as it does in Disney World?

EDIT: A couple of these may not have an updated answer, but speaking historically here. I’m still not totally sure about this weekend, but I’d like to participate if possible.
Expo is held at the Disneyland Hotel in their Convention Center.

They have done different routes for the half in the past one being from Disneyland to Anaheim Stadium and back . Also a half that goes through Anaheim and Garden Grove. Maybe once the website is updated it will give a little bit of a description of the course.

Staying on site you walk to the starting line which is very close. Disneyland doesnt provide any transportation except from the Disneyland off site parking lot. Some Hotels might provide early transportation but you can find many hotels in the area that are walking distance.

RunningKoen

Expo is held at the Disneyland Hotel in their Convention Center.

They have done different routes for the half in the past one being from Disneyland to Anaheim Stadium and back . Also a half that goes through Anaheim and Garden Grove. Maybe once the website is updated it will give a little bit of a description of the course.

Staying on site you walk to the starting line which is very close. Disneyland doesnt provide any transportation except from the Disneyland off site parking lot. Some Hotels might provide early transportation but you can find many hotels in the area that are walking distance.

Any hotel recommendations?

we’re planning on going but staying off site with so many nearby options. Not the same as with WDW

Katherine

Any hotel recommendations?

we’re planning on going but staying off site with so many nearby options. Not the same as with WDW
Anything near the Disneyland Hotel will be closest to the start/finish if it follows what they did in the past.

Hotels on the corner of Ball and Walnut are usually where I look, the Holiday Inn and Suites or the Springhill Suites up there are both places I've stayed and would stay again. Not necessarily the most convenient for the parks but very close to the start/finish if they setup the races the same way. I've also stayed on Harbor and walked across to the start/finish and it's not a bad walk. Disneyland races are sooo much easier since you don't need to deal with race bus transportation. Overall, the vibe is closer to a large, well run local race.

This is the 2017 Disneyland Half (this was traditionally Labor Day weekend): https://www.flickr.com/photos/185759646@N02/shares/356290
1673311403557.png

But also for reference the 2017 Star Wars Light Side Half (this was the race that last ran MLK weekend, was Tinkerbell before that but that race moved to Mother's Day weekend or near it):
1673313833419.png

Also, some shameless self promotion, I've been compiling runDisney maps for years if you want to see other Disneyland race maps: https://www.magicofrunning.com/rundisney-maps

Last edited:

RunningKoen

Anything near the Disneyland Hotel will be closest to the start/finish if it follows what they did in the past.

Hotels on the corner of Ball and Walnut are usually where I look, the Holiday Inn and Suites or the Springhill Suites up there are both places I've stayed and would stay again. Not necessarily the most convenient for the parks but very close to the start/finish if they setup the races the same way. I've also stayed on Harbor and walked across to the start/finish and it's not a bad walk. Disneyland races are sooo much easier since you don't need to deal with race bus transportation. Overall, the vibe is closer to a large, well run local race.

This is the 2017 Disneyland Half (this was traditionally Labor Day weekend): https://www.flickr.com/photos/185759646@N02/shares/356290
View attachment 691020

But also for reference the 2017 Star Wars Light Side Half (this was the race that last ran MLK weekend, was Tinkerbell before that but that race moved to Mother's Day weekend or near it):
View attachment 691029

Also, some shameless self promotion, I've been compiling runDisney maps for years if you want to see other Disneyland race maps: https://www.magicofrunning.com/rundisneymaps
Gonna save that link and those hotels, so helpfull!

Greenlawler

I am guessing their is no chance they honor the "Perfect Dumbo" runners.,,,,

We are thinking about it. The DL Half was our favorite weekend of the year.

Basically would mean I would have to take 2 weeks off from work, which I could.

I just don't know if I could physically run another challenge after Dopey..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom