News Return of the Walt Disney World tram fleet tracker

Disone

This sale is so nuts that they actually have Louisville Metro Police Department officers on hand. As soon as the gate went up in all four women tried to rush the door in front of us and the police officer stopped all of them and walked them to the end of the line.
I would have loved to watch this🙂. Thanks for sharing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
So “the other site” posted that WDW has removed language from their site that said that Team service would be restored to all parks by EOY, seemingly indicating that Disney has reneged on this :(

I’m curious if trams will ever come back for Epcot and DHS.

For what it's worth, as of today, the language has been removed from other locations on the Walt Disney World website as well - see below for what it used to say.

"Courtesy trams have returned to Magic Kingdom park—and they’ll return to other Walt Disney World theme parks throughout 2022. Where available, this convenient mode of transportation will whisk Guests from the theme park’s parking lot to its Main Entrance and back."

Andrew25

Not defending Disney, but the Discover/Create/Journey/Amaze parking lot route at Epcot is not really needed (the explore/image is definitely needed). It's a relatively short walk along the tram route (unless you are truly in the last row all the way at the end), I would much rather prefer they put moving walkways and a covered structure ala Universal or Disneyland Paris. Same at DHS, I really don't see the need for a tram there, but I want the shade.

MK needs it, and DAK needs it since the parking lot is built at such weird angles/shapes.

Does anyone know the reason why Animal Kingdom's parking lot doesn't have foliage? Too expensive to maintain/irrigate? Such an odd decision to not have a single tree in the parking lot in a park themed to nature...

castlecake2.0

Not defending Disney, but the Discover/Create/Journey/Amaze parking lot route at Epcot is not really needed (the explore/image is definitely needed). It's a relatively short walk along the tram route (unless you are truly in the last row all the way at the end), I would much rather prefer they put moving walkways and a covered structure ala Universal or Disneyland Paris. Same at DHS, I really don't see the need for a tram there, but I want the shade.

MK needs it, and DAK needs it since the parking lot is built at such weird angles/shapes.

Does anyone know the reason why Animal Kingdom's parking lot doesn't have foliage? Too expensive to maintain/irrigate? Such an odd decision to not have a single tree in the parking lot in a park themed to nature...
As you said MK and DAK definitely need just based on their size and shape. The reason DAK has no foliage in the parking lot is to create more contrast between the “real world” and entering the park.

Andrew25

All the parks need their trams back. It's ridiculous that they spent large amounts of money redoing all the park entrances with their respective tram loop lanes, dropoffs/pickups...only to not be used a year or two later anymore..

Your right, but the redos actually made them kinda useless as they pushed them farther away from the entrances and barely provide any sort of advantage.

Patcheslee

Maybe the contrast of parking lot vs in the park is intentional?

Disone

This is the story they said at opening. It makes the oasis feel more impactful when you finally enter the park coming from the bare parking lot. I'm sure the parking lot also had a cost advantage as well.

Goofyernmost

I am a person that currently has a disability. I can walk quite well for a relatively short distance before a pinched nerve in my lower back kicks in and creates a situation where my legs lose strength and also control to the effect of looking like I'm drunk because I stagger rather extensively. I do not want to use a handicapped parking space so I have refused a HC permit so that others that have less ability then I can use them. What that means is if they don't have trams to compensate for the massive parking lots, I cannot go. It is more than just a luxury, it is a necessity for me.

Even if it wasn't a problem personally, the fact that any visit to the inside of a Disney park requires hours on your feet, the idea that walking massive distances to the entrance is not only time consuming it is massively inconsiderate considering the amount of cash they have charged us to go there. It seems basic and petty but really a huge part of the enjoyment of the visit. It is unforgivable that Disney thinks that a Disney induced death march is going to leave a positive opinion with people of any age and ability.

The negativity to children that have to take twice as many steps as an adult, older people that have a degree of arthritis or just aging, young parents that have to carry a tired child along with whatever necessities that brings with it should be enough for Disney to realise how important to the image those trams are and do what is necessary to have them operational even if the CEO has to drive them him or herself. I understand one of the Bob's is currently looking for a job.

Last edited:

mikeymouse

I am a person that currently has a disability. I can walk quite well for a relatively short distance before a pinched nerve in my lower back kicks in and creates a situation where my legs lose strength and also control to the effect of looking like I'm drunk because I stagger rather extensively. I do not want to use use a handicapped parking space so I have refused a HC permit so that others that have less ability then I can use them. What that means is if they don't have trams to compensate for the massive parking lots, I cannot go. It is more than just a luxury, it is a necessity for me.

Even if it wasn't a problem personally, the fact that any visit to the inside of a Disney park requires hours on your feet, the idea that walking massive distances to the entrance is not only time consuming it is massively inconsiderate considering the amount of cash they have charged us to go there. It seems basic and petty but really a huge part of the enjoyment of the visit. It is unforgivable that Disney thinks that a Disney induced death march is going to leave a positive opinion with people of any age and ability.

The negativity to children that have to take twice as many steps as an adult, older people that have a degree of arthritis or just aging, young parents that have to carry a tired child along with whatever necessities that brings with it should be enough for Disney to realise how important to the image those trams are and do what is necessary to have them operational even if the CEO has to drive them him or herself. I understand one of the Bob's is currently looking for a job.
Thank u for posting your situation as it is similar to mine. I have a degenerative disc, sciatica, and I'm obese so I can also only walk short distances before I need to sit or lean against something. We have been fortunate enough to use guest drop off which puts us pretty close to the front, but for those who have to park, yes it can be very painful.

BubbaisSleep

Makes sense, but I doubt that's the reason why. Executives need to walk from the park entrance to the last row in the middle of August so they can add some shade at the very least lol
That was the rumor but the rumor kind of loses traction when you realize they built a whole land in the park that exists on a parking lot.

Goofyernmost

As you said MK and DAK definitely need just based on their size and shape. The reason DAK has no foliage in the parking lot is to create more contrast between the “real world” and entering the park.
I don't remember a huge amount of foliage in any of the parking lots. Just little tiny islands or around the edges, but most of the parking areas are right there in the sun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom