News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

MerlinTheGoat

People should click on the actual article to get a fuller idea of what was said. Iger said he has never used the system (did anyone think he had btw? lol) and deflected over to D'Amaro. As of just a couple months ago, D'Amaro said park reservations are "here to stay". So unless that was a lie, or he changed his mind since then, I don't see much to indicate a possibility that it will go away. As a few people have pointed out, staff reductions were a major reason that park reservations have been maintained as well.

IMO, Iger's response reads to me as the empty "i'll think about it" line parents give their kids to shut them up when they want something they have no chance of actually getting.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
People should click on the actual article to get a fuller idea of what was said. Iger said he has never used the system (did anyone think he had btw? lol) and deflected over to D'Amaro. As of just a couple months ago, D'Amaro said park reservations are "here to stay". So unless that was a lie, or he changed his mind since then, I don't see much to indicate a possibility that it will go away. As a few people have pointed out, staff reductions were a major reason that park reservations have been maintained as well.

IMO, Iger's response reads to me as the empty "i'll think about it" line parents give their kids to shut them up when they want something they have no chance of actually getting.
I read it as “look I just got back here and I have no idea what the plan is or the problems are”

Vegas Disney Fan

I think our only hope was Chapek was pressuring D’Amaro to tow the company line on reservations, if we don’t hear a comment from D’Amaro in the next few days well have our answer though. I’m not expecting them to go away but I’m still hopeful.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I think our only hope was Chapek was pressuring D’Amaro to tow the company line on reservations, if we don’t hear a comment from D’Amaro in the next few days well have our answer though. I’m not expecting them to go away but I’m still hopeful.
Park Pass is going away. Or more accurately being camouflaged within the new ticketing scheme. Which comes along with a built in price hike. There’s no reason to think this won’t spread to Multi day tickets and new tiers of AP were the more you pay the more freedom you have to do what you want without restriction.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
then why did he hold a town hall? all of his answers were variations of "shrug"
I think the point was to 1) give the appearance of listening and 2) actually listening.

Hopefully he follows up with answers to most questions in a follow up email or meeting. Our CEO at my last company I worked for was fantastic about that no matter how inane the question. We got better plastic forks in the lunchroom once because of a question asked at a town hall. Multi billion dollar company. 🤷‍♂️

Ayla

I think the point was to 1) give the appearance of listening and 2) actually listening.

Hopefully he follows up with answers to most questions in a follow up email or meeting. Our CEO at my last company I worked for was fantastic about that no matter how inane the question. We got better plastic forks in the lunchroom once because of a question asked at a town hall. Multi billion dollar company. 🤷‍♂️
I think it was more of a 'testing the temp' kind of thing, get a feel for how CM's are feeling and what they're thinking.

DCBaker

Premium Member
From December 12th-23rd, Disney has added Bonus Reservations for Annual Passholders (who are not blocked out) at any park.

From the Annual Passholder calendar -

IMG_095FADF612F3-1.jpeg

IMG_49B9D65F1642-1.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Ticket/Resort Guest Park Reservation calendar, it appears reservations have been made available again for all parks on December 31st if anyone has been waiting.

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 2.32.42 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom