New “High Surf” B&M Coaster for 2023

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If Tron was unthemed and open-air, it could’ve opened when they completed the circuit back in what, 2019? Two completely different circumstances
True…but you think they have a real desire to “push it”? No evidence of that
I really think SeaWorld should diversify with Intamin and/or RMC. This seems borderline redundant. But I get it, they are sticking with the “safest” (as in most reliable and highest range of appeal) choice - B&M.
What would matter if they stick with B&M? They’re high capacity, smooth and incredibly reliable.

Unlike ROTR (nap material) 😎

Tom Morrow

True…but you think they have a real desire to “push it”? No evidence of that

What would matter if they stick with B&M? They’re high capacity, smooth and incredibly reliable.

Unlike ROTR (nap material) 😎

Have you ridden an RMC or modern Intamin like Velocicoaster? They are thrilling and exhilarating in all the ways modern B&Ms are not. Modern B&M specializes in coasters that draw the general public's attention but are standard, bland layouts that aren't actually that thrilling or intense. Most B&Ms are good, very few are great. A good coaster park (what SWO is clearly wanting to be now) has a variety of coaster manufacturers and styles.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Have you ridden an RMC or modern Intamin like Velocicoaster? They are thrilling and exhilarating in all the ways modern B&Ms are not. Modern B&M specializes in coasters that draw the general public's attention but are standard, bland layouts that aren't actually that thrilling or intense. Most B&Ms are good, very few are great. A good coaster park (what SWO is clearly wanting to be now) has a variety of coaster manufacturers and styles.
I’ll grant you that…b&m could use some new gimmicks. Think that’s what they’re trying for here.

Lack of launches and the “shelf” drops do get pretty bland.

But consistency is still huge. What’s the point of building something new if it takes too long and sucks?

Haven’t tried veloci yet…but I’ve seen the feedback and I’m sure I’ll love it. We shouldn’t talk about it here though…it’s a good symbol of what they can’t do down the road.

SplashJacket

Original Poster
I’ll grant you that…b&m could use some new gimmicks. Think that’s what they’re trying for here.

But consistency is still huge. What’s the point of building something new if it takes too long and sucks?

Haven’t tried veloci yet…but I’ve seen the feedback and I’m sure I’ll love it. We shouldn’t talk about it here though…it’s a good symbol of what they can’t do down the road.
VelociCoaster is better than doing the dirty

matt9112

Complacency. That’s what happens to B&M

Tom Morrow

Complacency. That’s what happens to B&M

I mean I get it, it's a business model that works well for them. Parks love them because of their reliability and they're usually crowd pleasers. They create big, impressive looking layouts with big sweeping elements that draw attention and look imposing, but actually give a comparatively mild ride so the public eats them up. Not all of their designs are mild, but their floorless coasters, wing riders, dive coasters, and hypers/gigas typically are.

matt9112

I mean I get it, it's a business model that works well for them. Parks love them because of their reliability and they're usually crowd pleasers. They create big, impressive looking layouts with big sweeping elements that draw attention and look imposing, but actually give a comparatively mild ride so the public eats them up. Not all of their designs are mild, but their floorless coasters, wing riders, dive coasters, and hypers/gigas typically are.

Mild by todays standards….yes mild period? Eh I disagree. I mean for Christ sake iron gwazi picks you up and smashes your brain into another demension and at the brake run you legitimately have no idea what the hell just happened.

I will say MAKO is amazing and those tall butter smooth coasters have a place. The restraint system is bonkers when it first came out. There traditional coasters are lack luster in my opinion kraken,hulk,kunba all make my head hurt more than it should with hulk being the best of the three obviously.

There dive coasters are also admittedly one trick ponies. But they do offer a unique trick.

B&M however is the undisputed champion of the suspended coaster….it’s sad to me that almost nobody builds these anymore. MONTU is still probably in my top 5 of all time coasters.

SplashJacket

Original Poster

Really looming over the entrance now.

Entrance view:
1670187024572.png

1670187029090.png

Bayside view:
1670187182591.png

Lake view:
1670187078429.png

I really love how it seems to just flow over the lake.

Jrb1979

I think the reason many companies go back to B&M is how GP friendly they are. A good case is when Cedar Fair went with Intamin to build I305 at Kings Dominion. The hope was for it to be this big draw and boost attendance. What end up happening is the coaster was too intense for the GP. Most don't want to blackout going down the first drop. As much as I love RMCs, many GP find them too intense with the ejector airtime. All of this goes back why the park down the road is king. Your average GP doesn't do high thrilling or intense rides.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the reason many companies go back to B&M is how GP friendly they are. A good case is when Cedar Fair went with Intamin to build I305 at Kings Dominion. The hope was for it to be this big draw and boost attendance. What end up happening is the coaster was too intense for the GP. Most don't want to blackout going down the first drop. As much as I love RMCs, many GP find them too intense with the ejector airtime. All of this goes back why the park down the road is king. Your average GP doesn't do high thrilling or intense rides.
Oh I agree…

The most “rough” of the BMs still out there are the Batman clones and the few “stand ups”…but they’re 30 years old now…

Most are smooth and thrilling without migraine inducing

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh I agree…

The most “rough” of the BMs still out there are the Batman clones and the few “stand ups”…but they’re 30 years old now…

Most are smooth and thrilling without migraine inducing
I also think your underestimating what disney could do if they increased the theme and the thrill a tad.

I’ve always said you do a slightly less intense, half submerged version of nemesis at Alton towers - specifically for Dak…

I’ll design and supervise it for them just for room and board if they want? What steal 😎

Animaniac93-98

Woot woot! Hoping to make it back to SWO sometime next year. I still haven't gotten the chance to ride Icebreaker and this will give me another reason to visit (as if I need a reason).

I can confirm Ice Breaker is good. I'm looking forward to trying SeaWorld's next coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom