News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
1670628371132-png.684274

I swear, every time I see photos like this of the Galactic Starcruiser Crown of Corellia Dining Room, I can only think...
church basement fundraiser pasta supper to benefit the youth group, suggested donation $10.

This year's fundraiser theme is Sci-Fi, as chosen by the church youth group. Our teens made the Jedi Baked Ziti themselves! All fundraiser dinner proceeds to benefit the Youth Group Summer Trip to Lake Okawanda.

FYI - Chaperones still needed for summer trip, please see Youth Pastor Douglas!
…I think the Boy Scouts are “investigating” him

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's an (unfunny?) joke. ;)

Every time anyone posts a screenshot of the wide open booking calendar for the Galactic Starcruiser, a TDO fan comes along and says quite helpfully "Well, that doesn't mean it's in trouble! There could only be one cabin left on the nights still listed as having open availability!"

So, forever more, when there are wide open bookings available the next day, next week, and into next season, it's obviously because there is only one (1!) cabin available left for those nights.
I'm sorry you're disturbed by the reality that an open booking day is a black box into which we know nothing of how booked or unbooked it is.

And by saying we don't know how unbooked it is, it explicitly is implying that it could be very unbooked. We're not saying it definitely is mostly booked. We just don't know.

That's the reality.

But you want to spin that into an implied failure on the part of the Halcyon and that there are pixie-blinded defenders defending it. Which isn't the case. We're not making that case that it probably is mostly-booked. We don't know.

But you know that's what we're really saying. But here you are trying to paint us as saying something we're not. Just so you can spin this into a failure without any pushback that you just don't know how it's doing. So, shame on you.

But, you keep spinning your Disney-hate. It's what you do. Laughably without information or data.

_caleb

"Well, that doesn't mean it's in trouble! There could only be one cabin left on the nights still listed as having open availability!"
I’m one of those who have written something like this, and I appreciate that you didn’t misrepresent by writing, “Availability obviously must mean there is only one cabin left!”
…just never stopping…it’s getting sad. “How could my favorite company mess up?”
Disney is neither my favorite company nor do I think they never mess up. But isn’t it true that we don’t know how many empty cabins there are when the booking calendar shows availability?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney is neither my favorite company nor do I think they never mess up. But isn’t it true that we don’t know how many empty cabins there are when the booking calendar shows availability?
Not you…

There are about 5 people left that can’t admit their Star Wars missteps. The rest of the world isn’t playing. Gotta be a pill for that or something.

Why do I care? Because as fans - and we all are - it’s important to push them to provide quality.

Not make excuses for mistakes. It leads to more.

RoadiJeff

It's an (unfunny?) joke. ;)

Every time anyone posts a screenshot of the wide open booking calendar for the Galactic Starcruiser, a TDO fan comes along and says quite helpfully "Well, that doesn't mean it's in trouble! There could only be one cabin left on the nights still listed as having open availability!"

So, forever more, when there are wide open bookings available the next day, next week, and into next season, it's obviously because there is only one (1!) cabin available left for those nights.

Book now! Don't wait! Only one cabin left! Captain Keevan is depending on you!

BJHZY7S6GZGUXJKPL3Q5OZTN3A.jpg
We're still waiting for your reply about the comment you made of only the Starcruiser having rooms available for Thanksgiving weekend when multiple people showed you that Disney had 23 resorts with room available for that weekend. No one heard much from you for a while after that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We're still waiting for your reply about the comment you made of only the Starcruiser having rooms available for Thanksgiving weekend when multiple people showed you that Disney had 23 resorts with room available for that weekend. No one heard much from you for a while after that.
None of the hotels have been filled to capacity much

The deluxes continue to lag…as they have since their price points were shot beyond their reasonable range. Discounts are being rumored amongst the mid levels

TP2000

I'm sorry you're disturbed by the reality that an open booking day is a black box into which we know nothing of how booked or unbooked it is.

And by saying we don't know how unbooked it is, it explicitly is implying that it could be very unbooked. We're not saying it definitely is mostly booked. We just don't know.

That's the reality.

All true. But surely this was not the business plan that was pitched in a Burbank conference room for this new concept six months after opening, which is my point...

OneCabinLeft.jpg

But you know that's what we're really saying. But here you are trying to paint us as saying something we're not. Just so you can spin this into a failure without any pushback that you just don't know how it's doing. So, shame on you.

But, you keep spinning your Disney-hate. It's what you do. Laughably without information or data.

Oh, come on. "Disney-hate"??? 🙄

This is all a big joke, it's fun! It's a discussion board about theme parks, and lately theme parks in their waning and darkening days run by a once great American company that now seems adrift. So we better find the humor, or it just gets really sad and depressing.

This is quite funny; the Galactic Starcruiser was not done well. It wasn't quite as bad as DCA 1.0 or the Paris Studios park, but it sure ain't great. I mean, look at that picture of the "Grand" dining room on this thing! They hacked the budget apart and think the audience is too stupid to notice. If that's not worth making fun of, what is? 🤣

Last edited:

TP2000

Huh? Did I miss a scheduled shift here? What did I miss? 🧐

I just moved into a new house in a new state last month. I've been busy and my brain is in five places at once some days lately. So if I missed a scheduled shift here, I apologize. :oops:

UNCgolf

All evidence to the contrary, since people are, and this is a poor example of the experience.

What did you think of the overall interior design?

I know it's mostly set dressing, and the main appeal is the actual storyline and interacting with characters etc., but some of the interior spaces (especially the bridge and that dining room, at least when it's lit like in the above photo) don't really feel like Star Wars or look very good in general.

Is that noticeable when attending or is it just kind of background noise that's easily ignored in the context of the overall experience? Or does it just look better in person to where it's not even an issue?

Last edited:

TP2000

All evidence to the contrary, since people are, and this is a poor example of the experience.

Really? The main dining room of a cruise ship is a poor example? Why? Dining rooms are the biggest most show-stopping spaces on cruise ships. So why does the Galactic Starcruiser get a pass for looking like a windowless church basement?

Here was the original Crown of Corellia Dining Room concept art released years ago by WDI. Not the most impressive space ever designed by WDI, but it's a cruise ship in Outer Space so I guess it works...

star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-e1619701253127.jpg

Then after construction had started, the dining room was dramatically shrunk and downgraded into this smaller space that didn't look quite as grand, but still had a moody presence to it....

star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-concept-art-7-800x438.jpg

And then the Galactic Starcruiser opened and the Crown of Corellia Dining Room began serving three meals per day to paying customers, and it actually just turned out like this...

2022-wdw-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-hotel-paid-march-trip-lunch-day-1-crown-of-corellia-dining-room-76.jpg

Why is it so basic? Why aren't the fabric panels on the walls windows out into space with planets and space shuttles flying by? Why is the ceiling so low? Why is the stage so small? Why does it look like a church basement? 🤔

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Really? The main dining room of a cruise ship is a poor example? Why? Dining rooms are the biggest most show-stopping spaces on cruise ships. So why does the Galactic Starcruiser get a pass for looking like a windowless church basement?

Here was the original Crown of Corellia Dining Room concept art released years ago by WDI. Not the most impressive space ever designed by WDI, but it's a cruise ship in space so I guess it works...

star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-e1619701253127.jpg

Then after construction had started, the dining room was dramatically shrunk and downgraded into this smaller space that didn't look quite as grand, but still had a moody presence to it....

star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-concept-art-7-800x438.jpg

And then the Galactic Starcruiser opened and the Crown of Corellia Dining Room began serving three meals per day to paying customers, and it actually just turned out like this...

2022-wdw-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-hotel-paid-march-trip-lunch-day-1-crown-of-corellia-dining-room-76.jpg

Why is it so basic? Why aren't the fabric panels on the walls windows out into space with planets and space shuttles flying by? Why is the ceiling so low? Why is the stage so small? Why does it look like a church basement? 🤔
Now you’re gonna get it…

He’s gonna bring box office charts for glorious 3 week runs and some secret lifetime contract for Kathy kennedy up into this hood for a bumrush

corran horn

I know it's mostly set dressing, and the main appeal is the actual storyline and interacting with characters etc., but some of the interior spaces (especially the bridge and that dining room, at least when it's lit like in the above photo) don't really feel like Star Wars or look very good in general.

Is that noticeable when attending or is it just kind of background noise that's easily ignored in the context of the overall experience? Or does it just look better in person to where it's not even an issue?

I do think there's some disconnect when you're looking at starkly-lit photos rather than simply being there. For example---and you can see how this aligns with posted concept art.

1670726719170.png

Breakfast and lunch are lit differently than Dinner - dinner having show elements and all.

I thought the rooms, Atrium, Bridge, and Engineering were very well-themed. The dining room was fine. It comes to life more during the performances and story elements. Breakfast and (I presume) lunches it was lit normally - at dinner the lighting was more like I show above at all times.

This is my son in our cabin - I'm not sure how much more Star-Warsy this could've been to be honest. It reminded me of Jango's apartment.

1670726925826.png

This is a corridor on the ship. Obviously the "EXIT" sign is diagnostic in inescapable, but other than that, I think it's pretty effective.

1670726980608.png

I'll leave it up to the viewer to decide whether this is good theming - all I can say it, it was effective for us.

1670727037951.png

Huh? Did I miss a scheduled shift here? What did I miss? 🧐

I just moved into a new house in a new state last month. I've been busy and my brain is in five places at once some days lately. So if I missed a scheduled shift here, I apologize. :oops:
You made a drive-by inane comment about how GS was the only Disney resort at WDW that had opening Thanksgiving weekend and were quickly proven loud wrong.

corran horn

Here's possibly a good example of the bridge, while you're there.

UNCgolf

Here's possibly a good example of the bridge, while you're there.

I still think the bridge consoles themselves don't look right/good, but it's definitely less noticeable with that lighting. You're also obviously going to be paying far more attention to what's going on outside in space than staring at the consoles; they're certainly not a main focal point.

corran horn

I still think the bridge consoles themselves don't look right/good, but it's definitely less noticeable with that lighting. You're also obviously going to be paying far more attention to what's going on outside in space than staring at the consoles; they're certainly not a main focal point.
They're the focus during bridge training, which is pretty fun.

1670728128479.png

1670728145937.png

I should say this is only a small sampling as I didn't take many pictures during this time - too much to do.

Also, in-universe this is the navigation bridge. The "bridge" bridge is elsewhere on the ship, and inaccessible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom