News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We are well into December now, two weeks until Christmas, and there's still many nights where only one cabin is left available on the Galactic Starcruiser.

The two busy weeks of Christmas are fully booked, obviously (and damn well better be!).

But then January still has one cabin available for every single voyage in the month. February is the same, just one cabin left per night for the whole month, except for the weekend after Valentine's Day. Does that mean Star Wars fans are a rather romantic bunch, or is it just because that's the holiday weekend for President's Day? The mind boggles.

But act fast. Only one cabin left on the Galactic Starcruiser for the dates shown below!

View attachment 684006
What makes it 1 cabin?

_caleb

Because the whole Starcruiser concept is relatively new, it makes sense to me that they'd need to sort out how (and how much) to charge people for it. I would like to see pricing fluctuate based on availability (like hotel rooms) rather than the fixed price they started with, and better package deals to combine with resort stays. This might make it accessible to some for much less and help address any attendance issues.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because the whole Starcruiser concept is relatively new, it makes sense to me that they'd need to sort out how (and how much) to charge people for it. I would like to see pricing fluctuate based on availability (like hotel rooms) rather than the fixed price they started with, and better package deals to combine with resort stays. This might make it accessible to some for much less and help address any attendance issues.
Variable pricing makes sense…

What doesn’t is building a one and done spot that lost what little buzz it had in less than a year

corran horn

Oh I bet…can’t guard the emperor without it👍🏻

Think a rushed point conversion and then 30% off that is a “thank you”?
We would probably look at going again earlier than we might otherwise if they offered some price break to returners. They haven't as far as I know. We haven't gotten it anyway.

The point conversion, financially, never made sense for our use-case. I don't even think it does with the "discount".

_caleb

Variable pricing makes sense…

What doesn’t is building a one and done spot that lost what little buzz it had in less than a year
Just like with SW:GE and the screen-centric rides, we're often told about how easily they could make changes. And then it rarely happens (Star Tours).

The Starcruiser's current replayablity has to do with there being too much/too many options to experience all in one stay. But because a significant portion of the experience is a theatrical production, the should be able to add/change storylines to make it even more interesting for return visits.

Assuming anyone can afford to do it even once, nevermind twice.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just like with SW:GE and the screen-centric rides, we're often told about how easily they could make changes. And then it rarely happens (Star Tours).

The Starcruiser's current replayablity has to do with there being too much/too many options to experience all in one stay. But because a significant portion of the experience is a theatrical production, the should be able to add/change storylines to make it even more interesting for return visits.

Assuming anyone can afford to do it even once, nevermind twice.
This is a frequent miscalculation…believing their clientele is more affluent than any amusement park customer shakes out to be…

Also non-committal on IP. That’s all back to LFL’s struggles

_caleb

…significant evidence to the contrary.

All humans make mistakes…groups of them with cash tend to make BIG ones
It's interesting, because Disney certainly has a lot more data than we do. They don't operate on hunches and gut instinct. They analyze data: consumer spending, economic trends, guest behavior and feedback, etc. Yet they do make their share of miscalculations (if that's the cause of poorer-than-expected performance or missing expectations).

Which makes me wonder if "miscalculations" are the right way to think about failures and missteps. Are they testing? Might some of these things be positioning, marketing, or intentional short-term loses in support of longer-term payoffs?

I'm just saying, it's not like Disney doesn't know how to make good movies or build/run great theme parks. So when they make less-than-great movies or run less-than-great parks, it makes me wonder.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's interesting, because Disney certainly has a lot more data than we do. They don't operate on hunches and gut instinct. They analyze data: consumer spending, economic trends, guest behavior and feedback, etc. Yet they do make their share of miscalculations (if that's the cause of poorer-than-expected performance or missing expectations).

Which makes me wonder if "miscalculations" are the right way to think about failures and missteps. Are they testing? Might some of these things be positioning, marketing, or intentional short-term loses in support of longer-term payoffs?

I'm just saying, it's not like Disney doesn't know how to make good movies or build/run great theme parks. So when they make less-than-great movies or run less-than-great parks, it makes me wonder.
I used to see that data…long ago.

It’s not that Disney doesn’t have data..they may be the best at interpreting it…

It’s that the management is different…and not in a good way…in their analysis and application of that data…

…I hear? 😎

RobWDW1971

We can't disconnect the quality of the execution from the conversation about the underlying analytics.

Was there market capacity to support adding another theme park to Disneyland to make it a resort including a RDE and 4 Star Hotel? Absolutely. But they built DCA and it was a disaster. Not because there wasn't demand, because of what they built.

For the Starcruiser, are there Disney/Star Wars fans that would be willing to pay thousands to stay in a Star Wars themed environment? Absolutely, but not for this:

1670628371132.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We can't disconnect the quality of the execution from the conversation about the underlying analytics.

Was there market capacity to support adding another theme park to Disneyland to make it a resort including a RDE and 4 Star Hotel? Absolutely. But they built DCA and it was a disaster. Not because there wasn't demand, because of what they built.

For the Starcruiser, are there Disney/Star Wars fans that would be willing to pay thousands to stay in a Star Wars themed environment? Absolutely, but not for this:

View attachment 684274
OMG!!!

I Never saw that before!!!

…they installed a crapeteria?

TP2000

What makes it 1 cabin?

It's an (unfunny?) joke. ;)

Every time anyone posts a screenshot of the wide open booking calendar for the Galactic Starcruiser, a TDO fan comes along and says quite helpfully "Well, that doesn't mean it's in trouble! There could only be one cabin left on the nights still listed as having open availability!"

So, forever more, when there are wide open bookings available the next day, next week, and into next season, it's obviously because there is only one (1!) cabin available left for those nights.

Book now! Don't wait! Only one cabin left! Captain Keevan is depending on you!

BJHZY7S6GZGUXJKPL3Q5OZTN3A.jpg

TP2000

1670628371132-png.684274

I swear, every time I see photos like this of the Galactic Starcruiser Crown of Corellia Dining Room, I can only think...
church basement fundraiser pasta supper to benefit the youth group, suggested donation $10.

This year's fundraiser theme is Sci-Fi, as chosen by the church youth group. Our teens made the Jedi Baked Ziti themselves! All fundraiser dinner proceeds to benefit the Youth Group Summer Trip to Lake Okawanda.

FYI - Chaperones still needed for summer trip, please see Youth Pastor Douglas!

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's an (unfunny?) joke. ;)

Every time anyone posts a screenshot of the wide open booking calendar for the Galactic Starcruiser, a TDO fan comes along and says quite helpfully "Well, that doesn't mean it's in trouble! There could only be one cabin left on the nights still listed as having open availability!"

So, forever more, when there are wide open bookings available the next day, next week, and into next season, it's obviously because there is only one (1!) cabin available left for those nights.

Book now! Don't wait! Only one cabin left! Captain Keevan is depending on you!

BJHZY7S6GZGUXJKPL3Q5OZTN3A.jpg
…I’m ashamed I missed this one😔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom