News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

G00fyDad

Would they have them walk over to Beach Club?
I can't imagine why they would do that. That would just congest the Beach Club bus stops and might cause a bunch of guests to pass over the Beach Club for a different resort. It would simply make more sense for them to put extra stops right there at the International Gateway.

castlecake2.0

Would they have them walk over to Beach Club?
They’ve been doing that already, and I voiced my displeasure to GR, no signs or cast to help other than one telling you to go to the beach club bus stop and left to fend for your. I interpreted this as they would have a bus right at International Gateway rather than sending guests on an expedition through the beach club.

dreday3

They’ve been doing that already, and I voiced my displeasure to GR, no signs or cast to help other than one telling you to go to the beach club bus stop and left to fend for your. I interpreted this as they would have a bus right at International Gateway rather than sending guests on an expedition through the beach club.

I'm just having trouble picturing where the busses would be! 😂

Touchdown

I'm just having trouble picturing where the busses would be! 😂
Me too

6B1F5F0B-51F7-4DAD-BCA5-7BDFB3D2425C.jpeg

There’s no parking lot and while a road looks close it’s deceiving as that road is coming up from an underpass under the water bridge. They would have to construct a bus drop off area presumably near the Beach Club villas.

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

News: Disney is adding buses to AoA, Pop, CBR, and RIV from International Gateway if the Skyliner is down. Guests who walk to IG to find the Skyliner out of order will no longer be asked to walk to the main entrance.
Thank You Bob Iger. Where are these buses staging from? Is there a parking lot over there?

surfsupdon

A push notification would be fine!!! And solve everything.

Hi Guests! Skyliner down. Use buses to get back to your Resort at the front Epcot. Thanks!

This could also work for Friendship boats that stop during storms!

Millions and millions on MDE, and I can’t link a runDisney registration or be told Skyliner is down. Come on WDW!

Magic Feather

I think this is confusion on the existing buses that have always been deployed in the event of a Skyliner downtime. These buses used to run from the Boardwalk, which eventually changed over to using the Beach Club bus stop. The only way this would be news if it was pivoting this downtime stop from Beach Club to backstage at IG as @castlecake2.0 outlined above, which is something I'd be very surprised by for the reasons they outlined.

EeyoreFan#24

Someone might have mentioned it, but the issue I have is not finding out until you get the there. It either needs to be communicated better/farther out or the buses need to leave from a station at/close to the skyliner station.

At the central station If it’s down, the alternative is within sight, right down the ramp.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Mind you, if weather is shutting down the Skyliner, it's most likely shutting down Y&B and BWI friendship boats. So... isn't it a schlep for them anyway?

Even if they provided buses at the main gate for Y&B/BWI/S&D, it's a schlep to get to those buses, too. Especially if you head to the IG and there are told you had to catch a bus to Beach at the main gate... that's a mile away. Walking is the best option.

Walking to Beach is what people at Beach would have to do. Join them in the fun and catch a bus from there!

But I agree with what was voiced above: The CMs need to give better directions. Last time, they were guessing. And there needs to be better signage.

castlecake2.0

Mind you, if weather is shutting down the Skyliner, it's most likely shutting down Y&B and BWI friendship boats. So... isn't it a schlep for them anyway?

Even if they provided buses at the main gate for Y&B/BWI/S&D, it's a schlep to get to those buses, too. Especially if you head to the IG and there are told you had to catch a bus to Beach at the main gate... that's a mile away. Walking is the best option.

Walking to Beach is what people at Beach would have to do. Join them in the fun and catch a bus from there!

But I agree with what was voiced above: The CMs need to give better directions. Last time, they were guessing. And there needs to be better signage.
So according to my intel as of Dec 1 a new route started, it will pick up at the Skyliner gate then go to resorts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom