News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

Yes, a young lady who clearly doesn’t understand how to operate a locomotive.

It’s very concerning to see.
No respect for the history they’re working with. The legacy they’re carrying on. Unfortunately at DLP I experienced the same thing this past August~. They had to shunt the train back and try to go forward several times to get it moving. It seems that Disney is forgetting how to operate a railroad. Even at DL the engineers, which are supposed to be the best of the best considering the massive yearly bonus they receive at DLRR, aren’t handling grades right anymore.

TrainsOfDisney

Even at DL the engineers, which are supposed to be the best of the best considering the massive yearly bonus they receive at DLRR, aren’t handling grades right anymore.
What grades at DL? Haha. For the most part the DL crew is great, I was out there this summer and rode the trains and red car trolleys quite a bit and was very impressed.

EricsBiscuit

What grades at DL? Haha. For the most part the DL crew is great, I was out there this summer and rode the trains and red car trolleys quite a bit and was very impressed.
I think the Toontown and maybe TL stations have one but don’t quote me. They’ve been very bumpy pulling out of those two stations when I went a couple weeks ago.

Disone

I think the Toontown and maybe TL stations have one but don’t quote me. They’ve been very bumpy pulling out of those two stations when I went a couple weeks ago.
WDWRR had to rip out tracks from the fantasyland station all the way to the carousel of progress and then some. They should have taken this opportunity to address that gradient.

Could have it flattened pulling out of the station and then increased a bit more once the train has an opportunity to build some momentum.

I'm curious of when the gradient ends. How much flat track do they have before it pulls back into main Street station.

solidyne

Why call this out as a Millennial problem?
27% of all Train engineers are either Millennials or Gen Z https://www.zippia.com/train-engineer-jobs/demographics/
It's mostly jocular ribbing but also concern that said generation (on the whole) is less equipped for, well, anything than the prior is, just as mine (X) is less so than the one before me. We've been in decline (on average) in my estimation for a long time. Just my opinion.
Here’s your daily reminder that Mellenials were born 1980-1995 which makes them currently 42-26 years (and only a few are still 26) old currently. If said person looks younger they ain’t a Mellenial.
Goodness, I hope the engineer wasn't 25. God help us.
Age isn’t the issue.

Pandemic-related loss of talent (adding to an already-lengthy refurbishment) is the issue. That’s hard to fix. Where are the trainers with 40 years of experience now?
Well, if you need 40 years' experience, then age is kind of an issue. If you started "learning trains" at, say, 16, and then you've now gathered 40 years on the job, that puts you at 56...smack dab in the middle of Gen X!

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

It's mostly jocular ribbing but also concern that said generation (on the whole) is less equipped for, well, anything than the prior is, just as mine (X) is less so than the one before me. We've been in decline (on average) in my estimation for a long time. Just my opinion.

Goodness, I hope the engineer wasn't 25. God help us.

Well, if you need 40 years' experience, then age is kind of an issue. If you started "learning trains" at, say, 16, and then you've now gathered 40 years on the job, that puts you at 56...smack dab in the middle of Gen X!
Notice I said TRAINERS with 40 years experience.

They can train a 20-year old just fine. See also: the monorail.

mikeymouse

If there's a slip, maybe they need more sand or graphite. BTW, look at the pretty lights and bell!!
20221202_163742.jpg

_caleb

You can't see the photo i posted?
No, I can see it just fine, and it's a great photo. Unfortunately, my interest is matched by my ignorance!

I see the red (crossing?) lights (I think that's what you're referring to). But I don't know which thing is the bell.

Sorry, I fall into the category of loving trains, being super excited about the railroad coming back, but not knowing the first thing about it!

Last edited:

mikeymouse

No, I can see it just fine, and it's a great photo. Unfortunately, my interest in matched by my ignorance!

I see the red (crossing?) lights (I think that's what you're referring to). But I don't know which thing is the bell.

Sorry, I fall into the category of loving trains, being super excited about the railroad coming back, but not knowing the first thing about it!
LOL ok just checking. It was taken from a video and from my phone so I wasn't sure if it worked. Yeah looks like both sides have a bell and a small pair of reds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom