Disneytopia: My Dream Resort

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
We shall begin our adventure in World Bay. Here is some concept art.
IMG-8351.jpg

This drawing depicts a globe, which is topped by a golden statue of Steamboat Willie. This represents the road going to the docks, where the lagoon connecting the areas is seen. On both sides of the globe is a different area. The Mexican and Japanese buildings on the left overlooking a pond is the World's Fair, which is like a small World Showcase. The old buildings resembling Cherry Tree Lane on the right is a Mary Poppins area, which fits because this area's time period is in Edwardian London.​

WORLD BAY

5r6_4QuE4AB5TkDZ4Y1S7Iv2T3LLd5YvkfpJgCHHtc9n8NkYJG1nWmC1xMBlcWZamWWov7OVV0R-zMkfKWRqUvRQ-Qx5EMLJ3CEXzBbGATQD2NFNum0vNAaDQZ54RZzetV4sMO36W5vNUUHvi28R5OWU30M60oDkgALW4T5UlmpBdxitj4OLcHw

BACKSTORY AND OVERVIEW:​
When new adventurers arrive at Adventure World, they step off their bus and go right to a mysterious gateway. After passing through, they are immersed in an Edwardian London square with a globe featuring Mickey Mouse on a boat on it. There is also a museum where the former reform club met, and it is where new explorers can get help. However, as guests look around, they will find that they have been transported to another world within time and space, and this area is just one of many.

The year is 1910, the year that Phileas Fogg organized the Grand Adventure Society. Back in his hometown of London, many things are happening. On the north part of the area is where a world’s fair is being held, where Fogg is gathering adventurers from all over the world while exploring their cultures. Down south, totally oblivious to this, is where George Banks has been dealing with his children when a magical nanny comes in. In between the two events is a main street that leads to a dockside amphitheater viewing a spire in the middle of the lagoon (where Fantasmic plays at night.) Also in the area is Jeff Cotton’s boat, the S.S. Victoria, the ship he took through the currents of time, where guests can learn about how World Adventure was formed by Mickey Mouse and Cotton.

This is a unique opening area as it has three areas, the main street, the world’s fair, and Cherry Tree Lane. Not just that, but it really builds a sense that guests are about to go on a grand adventure. As guests enter through the gate, they read overhead: “The Adventure Begins…..” and as they leave the park, they read overhead: “The Adventure Continues…..” similar to Universal’s Islands of Adventure Park.​

ATTRACTIONS

1 - The World’s Fair Exhibits

B-Ticket
Any Height​
Similar to Epcot’s World Showcase, the World’s Fair area of World Bay is where guests go around and see other cultures, with some cultural and historical exhibits for each country. This includes Morocco, Mexico, Japan, Canada, Brazil, Russia, Australia, and Ireland, all of which are designed to look like they did in the 1910s but also accommodate the modern versions of the countries as well. Each country has one restaurant and one shop to further go in depths of the country.​

2 - Wilderness Explorers

A-Ticket
Any Height​
Similar to the Disney’s Animal Kingdom version of the interactive experience, guests can sign up for Wilderness Explorers in one of five locations: their building on Cherry Tree Lane within World Bay, the Amsterdam building in European Harbor, the Wilderness Explorers Clubhouse in Pixar Pier (the group did originate in Disney*Pixar’s Up), the Bazaar Room in Adventure Outpost, and a small building near the Yellow River in Asian Gulf. Once guests sign up, they can go around the park and collect badges. When signing up, they get a notebook to put their badges in as well as follow some guidelines to get badges. There are 80 badges to collect, and once they get all of them, they can become a Senior Wilderness Explorer. With the exception of Mermaid Lagoon (4) and Pandora (6), there are ten badges to collect in each area.

Join us tomorrow as we see some other attractions in World Bay, including the Practically Perfect Adventures of Mary Poppins.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
For the last time, this is my resort, not yours. I can have what I want in it. I modified the idea of a transit ride as part of a tour. Personally, I don't care for Roger Rabbit, but I did this because you asked me to.

Last edited by a moderator:

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
I'm done with this. Clearly, I can't please everyone. I was posting about this resort with hopes that I can share it and feel better about it. After reading so many negative opinions about Disney and what they do with their parks, some of which I have done with mine, I only feel worse. I wanted to fix this, but it's only increased. I'm done with this resort! I'm done with it all! I'm leaving the forums! Coming on here was a big mistake! Everyone is usually so negative and I'm sick of it! I have very few followers! MK4Ever is out!

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm done with this. Clearly, I can't please everyone. I was posting about this resort with hopes that I can share it and feel better about it. After reading so many negative opinions about Disney and what they do with their parks, some of which I have done with mine, I only feel worse. I wanted to fix this, but it's only increased. I'm done with this resort! I'm done with it all! I'm leaving the forums! Coming on here was a big mistake! Everyone is usually so negative and I'm sick of it! I have very few followers! MK4Ever is out!
It's a shame you're gone for good because I was just able to read through your resort so far and your ideas are incredible and very well detailed. I especially like the concept behind the Future City.

I do hope you return and continue this as it's definitely worth it.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Guess who has returned! MK4Ever is back, willing to finish off the in-detail descriptions of the Disneytopia resort.

BTW, whoever recommended me for the Imagineering Awards, thank you.

Now, without further adieu, let's go back to World Bay and continue our tour.

3 - The Practically Perfect Adventures of Mary Poppins

C-Ticket
Any Height
PpmAn7-y1JK17nfnB-CrmUIQ6rgPmbXbOMa4tnOnxV11sBBbAMxR_5VLJ8wdb2skIxNP0gPXZMxJ6oHkhhQ-1j8pacmamsTd5uMUlDudqsvZgp-mNE5kmHHav7G3UUj2N_Dzd2ECdkg9Ae_upBUsjfzo5FtZTk3wTJ5SsVc1ppVtLzu7lJ-Mkim37qg
After all this time, there is finally an attraction based off of Disney’s Mary Poppins, here in Adventure World, and possibly, this would come to Epcot’s World Showcase in the United Kingdom Pavilion and in a new expansion to Disneyland’s Fantasyland. (Note how this ride includes elements from both films and has a modified story to accommodate that.)​
QUEUE:​
Located midway down Cherry Tree Lane is the Banks house, which is located next to the Admiral’s boat-like house. Guests will come down the street and go into the house, which recreates how it appeared in both films. Guests go around the house, sorting money, looking through pictures, and from time to time, the things shake as the Admiral fires his cannon at the hour. On the walls are advertisements for new nannies, all while in the kitchen, the cooks are heard shouting at each other.

Guests go past the office of George Banks, where he talks to the guests as they pass by. He says how if they’re there applying for the job of a nanny, they’re too late. He says how they already have a new nanny, one whose name is Mary Poppins, and how she is probably dealing with the children right now. He also brings up the fact that he is dealing with problems at the bank and how they might lose their house.

Guests then go outside the house, where the loading area is. Up above, the night sky glows bright. Up ahead are a bunch of kites that are tied to carts, which seat two to three people each. These vehicles are similar to Peter Pan’s ride system, with its track on the ceiling. Guests board the vehicle and the lap bars come down.
RIDE EXPERIENCE:​
The vehicles fly upward and go into the Banks house, where Mary Poppins is tidying up the nursery, singing “Spoonful of Sugar” as she does. As she snaps her fingers, the beds make themselves and some toys put themselves away. Jane is seen snapping and sending toy soldiers into the toy box. However, Micheal snaps and makes a bowl fall off the shelf. With a cracking noise, this signals that the bowl has broken.

As the vehicles transition to the next scene, Mary’s voice comes from overhead, saying “I know someone who can fix your bowl.” Vehicles proceed to go over the London rooftops, flying past Mary Poppins and the children, who are now on the roofs with Bert and the Chimney Sweeps. As they dance on the rooftops, “Step in Time” is played. The chimney sweeps lead the group further into London as houses become corporate buildings.

When going into one building, vehicles emerge in Topsy-Turvy’s workshop, which is upside down. On a calendar, guests see that it is the second Wednesday of the month. On the ground, Mary and the kids are looking at Topsy, who is singing “Turning Turtle” while on her head.

The vehicles then leave the building and go through the park. The lawn owner is trying to keep the kids off the lawn while Bert is doing sidewalk drawings while singing “Chim-Chim Cher-ee. Using advanced visual effects, the vehicles go through a tunnel that makes it appear as if guests are going into the drawing. While passing through the scene, the largest on the ride, guests first go by Mary and the kids as well as Bert, singing “Jolly Holiday” as they go through the landscape. They see Mary and Bert dancing in the pasture later on, with their cane and parasol dancing too. The vehicles then turn the corner and come into a horse race, where the four of them are on carousel horses while chasing after animated horsemen (who look 2-D using the same design as the classic Fantasyland dark rides and not as realistic as Mary, Bert, and the kids.) The vehicles then turn the corner to see that Mary has won the race and is singing “Supercalifragilist- icexpealadocious” while a band plays in the background. Suddenly, it begins to rain as guests go through a tunnel, signaling their return to London.

Upon their return to London, guests are in a drowsy environment as the Banks house is given sad news with the Banks about to lose their house. However, Mary points out that there is still time to get their money from the bank, reminding George and his wife that they are not fully evicted until midnight. With this, they make a sudden realization and go on to the bank.

In the next scene, which recreates London, lamplighters are dancing with Jack and Bert, who sing “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” as vehicles pass by. In the meantime, the Banks and Mary Poppins are in the background, rushing to the bank. The lights go out in the Big Ben, reappearing seconds later to show that time has been turned back as the minute hand has been moved back a little. The vehicles then head past the cathedral, where the old bird woman is saying “tuppence a bag” while feeding the birds with her bread. The vehicles then head into the bank, where George is meeting with Dawes Sr. and the other bank officials as he and the children share their adventures with Mary Poppins. Dawes Jr. is touched by the children’s willingness to give everything up to save their house while his father cracks up about their joke on “A wooden leg named Smith” and starts to float like Uncle Albert. With a final transition, vehicles go into one last scene, with Bert saying “You did good, Mary Poppins.”

Emerging in a final scene reveals a daytime London where the Banks are flying their kite in the park while “Let’s go fly a kite” is played in the background. While passing by the Banks house again, Mary Poppins is seen to be leaving the residence, flying off into the sky on her umbrella. The vehicles pass by a crack between the Banks and the Admiral’s house and return to the loading area. Here, the lapbars rise and guests get off. Then, following a secret passage, they wound up right in the streets of London again, right next to the Banks house. Like Mary’s adventures, this makes it look like the ride never happened, even though guests knew it did.​

4 - S.S. Victoria Explorations

B-Ticket
Any Height
GM3eKrLVWou9Xj8Q6OwzQVLDdmPo_WGBik4Sv3GFYumLO5P8mWJb9NcBTaNdW01sZ2eoWeKYc_XZqEpjLhcrmwJKSeNMB5Ca4e1hmlNUou7-OdwqvlI3rHRV9gXtdbTZeMquIitrEeEtQQkwOBpaJfNQ41STHOIv8eYDcDkD4Axa-cZEwtKX8-qKNHI
Called in at the port near Cherry Tree Lane is a big ship that guests can explore. As they go around, they can learn the story of how Adventure World was created by Mickey and Jeff Cotton, as well as learn the story of the Grand Adventure Society. Guests can also explore the ship’s inner workings and captain’s quarters to fully see the rest of the grand ship.​

5 - Adventure World Streamer Line

A-Ticket
Any Height​
Hop aboard a steamship to embark on a journey across the currents of time, where guests will see the rest of Adventure World and get dropped off at one of four stations. This includes one in the port near the S.S. Victoria in World Bay, the Parisian area of European Harbor, a place in Adventure Outpost near the village, and a place in Asian Gulf next to Kunlun. Along the way, the captain will point out amazing sights from the world and even tell a little more about what is offered in each area.

Come back tomorrow to see the dining, shopping, and entertainment of World Bay. Until then, Spit-Spot!​

spacemt354

Chili's
Guess who has returned! MK4Ever is back, willing to finish off the in-detail descriptions of the Disneytopia resort.

BTW, whoever recommended me for the Imagineering Awards, thank you.

Now, without further adieu, let's go back to World Bay and continue our tour.

3 - The Practically Perfect Adventures of Mary Poppins

C-Ticket
Any Height
PpmAn7-y1JK17nfnB-CrmUIQ6rgPmbXbOMa4tnOnxV11sBBbAMxR_5VLJ8wdb2skIxNP0gPXZMxJ6oHkhhQ-1j8pacmamsTd5uMUlDudqsvZgp-mNE5kmHHav7G3UUj2N_Dzd2ECdkg9Ae_upBUsjfzo5FtZTk3wTJ5SsVc1ppVtLzu7lJ-Mkim37qg
After all this time, there is finally an attraction based off of Disney’s Mary Poppins, here in Adventure World, and possibly, this would come to Epcot’s World Showcase in the United Kingdom Pavilion and in a new expansion to Disneyland’s Fantasyland. (Note how this ride includes elements from both films and has a modified story to accommodate that.)​
Located midway down Cherry Tree Lane is the Banks house, which is located next to the Admiral’s boat-like house. Guests will come down the street and go into the house, which recreates how it appeared in both films. Guests go around the house, sorting money, looking through pictures, and from time to time, the things shake as the Admiral fires his cannon at the hour. On the walls are advertisements for new nannies, all while in the kitchen, the cooks are heard shouting at each other.

Guests go past the office of George Banks, where he talks to the guests as they pass by. He says how if they’re there applying for the job of a nanny, they’re too late. He says how they already have a new nanny, one whose name is Mary Poppins, and how she is probably dealing with the children right now. He also brings up the fact that he is dealing with problems at the bank and how they might lose their house.

Guests then go outside the house, where the loading area is. Up above, the night sky glows bright. Up ahead are a bunch of kites that are tied to carts, which seat two to three people each. These vehicles are similar to Peter Pan’s ride system, with its track on the ceiling. Guests board the vehicle and the lap bars come down.
The vehicles fly upward and go into the Banks house, where Mary Poppins is tidying up the nursery, singing “Spoonful of Sugar” as she does. As she snaps her fingers, the beds make themselves and some toys put themselves away. Jane is seen snapping and sending toy soldiers into the toy box. However, Micheal snaps and makes a bowl fall off the shelf. With a cracking noise, this signals that the bowl has broken.

As the vehicles transition to the next scene, Mary’s voice comes from overhead, saying “I know someone who can fix your bowl.” Vehicles proceed to go over the London rooftops, flying past Mary Poppins and the children, who are now on the roofs with Bert and the Chimney Sweeps. As they dance on the rooftops, “Step in Time” is played. The chimney sweeps lead the group further into London as houses become corporate buildings.

When going into one building, vehicles emerge in Topsy-Turvy’s workshop, which is upside down. On a calendar, guests see that it is the second Wednesday of the month. On the ground, Mary and the kids are looking at Topsy, who is singing “Turning Turtle” while on her head.

The vehicles then leave the building and go through the park. The lawn owner is trying to keep the kids off the lawn while Bert is doing sidewalk drawings while singing “Chim-Chim Cher-ee. Using advanced visual effects, the vehicles go through a tunnel that makes it appear as if guests are going into the drawing. While passing through the scene, the largest on the ride, guests first go by Mary and the kids as well as Bert, singing “Jolly Holiday” as they go through the landscape. They see Mary and Bert dancing in the pasture later on, with their cane and parasol dancing too. The vehicles then turn the corner and come into a horse race, where the four of them are on carousel horses while chasing after animated horsemen (who look 2-D using the same design as the classic Fantasyland dark rides and not as realistic as Mary, Bert, and the kids.) The vehicles then turn the corner to see that Mary has won the race and is singing “Supercalifragilist- icexpealadocious” while a band plays in the background. Suddenly, it begins to rain as guests go through a tunnel, signaling their return to London.

Upon their return to London, guests are in a drowsy environment as the Banks house is given sad news with the Banks about to lose their house. However, Mary points out that there is still time to get their money from the bank, reminding George and his wife that they are not fully evicted until midnight. With this, they make a sudden realization and go on to the bank.

In the next scene, which recreates London, lamplighters are dancing with Jack and Bert, who sing “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” as vehicles pass by. In the meantime, the Banks and Mary Poppins are in the background, rushing to the bank. The lights go out in the Big Ben, reappearing seconds later to show that time has been turned back as the minute hand has been moved back a little. The vehicles then head past the cathedral, where the old bird woman is saying “tuppence a bag” while feeding the birds with her bread. The vehicles then head into the bank, where George is meeting with Dawes Sr. and the other bank officials as he and the children share their adventures with Mary Poppins. Dawes Jr. is touched by the children’s willingness to give everything up to save their house while his father cracks up about their joke on “A wooden leg named Smith” and starts to float like Uncle Albert. With a final transition, vehicles go into one last scene, with Bert saying “You did good, Mary Poppins.”

Emerging in a final scene reveals a daytime London where the Banks are flying their kite in the park while “Let’s go fly a kite” is played in the background. While passing by the Banks house again, Mary Poppins is seen to be leaving the residence, flying off into the sky on her umbrella. The vehicles pass by a crack between the Banks and the Admiral’s house and return to the loading area. Here, the lapbars rise and guests get off. Then, following a secret passage, they wound up right in the streets of London again, right next to the Banks house. Like Mary’s adventures, this makes it look like the ride never happened, even though guests knew it did.​

4 - S.S. Victoria Explorations

B-Ticket
Any Height
GM3eKrLVWou9Xj8Q6OwzQVLDdmPo_WGBik4Sv3GFYumLO5P8mWJb9NcBTaNdW01sZ2eoWeKYc_XZqEpjLhcrmwJKSeNMB5Ca4e1hmlNUou7-OdwqvlI3rHRV9gXtdbTZeMquIitrEeEtQQkwOBpaJfNQ41STHOIv8eYDcDkD4Axa-cZEwtKX8-qKNHI
Called in at the port near Cherry Tree Lane is a big ship that guests can explore. As they go around, they can learn the story of how Adventure World was created by Mickey and Jeff Cotton, as well as learn the story of the Grand Adventure Society. Guests can also explore the ship’s inner workings and captain’s quarters to fully see the rest of the grand ship.​

5 - Adventure World Streamer Line

A-Ticket
Any Height​
Hop aboard a steamship to embark on a journey across the currents of time, where guests will see the rest of Adventure World and get dropped off at one of four stations. This includes one in the port near the S.S. Victoria in World Bay, the Parisian area of European Harbor, a place in Adventure Outpost near the village, and a place in Asian Gulf next to Kunlun. Along the way, the captain will point out amazing sights from the world and even tell a little more about what is offered in each area.

Come back tomorrow to see the dining, shopping, and entertainment of World Bay. Until then, Spit-Spot!​
Awesome job! Great to see you back!

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Now let's look at everything else World Bay has to offer.

DINING

A - Rose and Crown Inn

Settle into an English inn within the Main Street and eat up on some English fare. This includes Fish and Chips, Sausage Rolls, Haggis, and more, all within the setting of an Edwardian cafe.​

B - Spoonful of Sugar Candy Store

On Main Street is a delicious candy store based off of Mary Poppins. Here, guests can be immersed in a colorful setting inspired by the classic film as they look at mouth-watering sweets all around. This includes an ice cream bar where they can get their own ice cream the way they want it.​

C - Spice Road Table

Within a Northern African setting is a Moroccan bazaar where guests can come in and sit down to have a tasty meal. This includes food from throughout the Mediterranean and Northern Africa, specifically the Middle Eastern areas. (Reservation Required)​

D - San Angel Cantina

Within the Mexican pavilion is an atmospheric cantina where guests can sit down and treat themselves to Mexican cuisine. This features some mariachi music and paintings of Mexican folk art around, thus adding to the experience as something truly incredible. (Reservation Required)

E - Teppan Edo

Come into a Japanese castle and sit down for a Tepanyaki-style experience where chefs make stir fry food right in front of your eyes. With this, eat some noodles, soup, and other things to further appease your appetite. (Reservation Required)​

F - Golden Leaf Tavern

Within a Canadian village, guests can come into a cellar and eat some distinctly Canadian food. All around, they can see pictures of Canadian Mounties, Native Americans, French settlers, and more things that were vital to the history of the country. (Reservation Required)​

G - Tsarina Place

In an old Russian building, sit down and have some Russian food. As guests eat, they can trace the lines of the Russian monarchy from its creation to its abolition. (Reservation Required)​

H - Rio de Janeiro Bistro

(Despite its theming to the city, this has no connection to the 2011 Blue Sky film Rio due to my banning of 20th Century Fox within the parks (with the exception of the fist six Star Wars films and Avatar)) Come into a Brazilian alcove and listen to Samba music while Brazilian meats are served. This includes roasted chicken and some other foods. Don’t forget to order desserts though, because this has some great desserts as well. (Reservation Required)​

I - Auggie’s Steakhouse

G’Day Mate. Come into this Outback house and sit down. Here, steaks and meats from all over Australia will be served, as well as salads for vegetarians. As you eat, listen to some outback music and see images of the diverse wildlife of the country all around. (Reservation Required)​

J - Mulligan’s House of Beef

Welcome to this Irish inn where guests can sit down and eat some beef and duck, as well as other foods from Ireland. With the music and culture surrounding you, you will really feel like you’re in Ireland. (Reservations Required)​

K - Freddy’s Fish House

Located on the docks is a place where guests can have all they can eat seafood. This includes filet, tuna, crab, and other meals that are fit for a fisherman.​

SHOPPING

L - Can You Imagine That Store

It’s a Jolly Holiday here at this shop, where fans of Mary Poppins can find it all here. This includes musical accessories themed to the film, as well as souvenirs as toys, bowls, and parasols.​

M - Adventure is Out There

Wilderness Explorers of all types can find their supplies in this store. This contains several things that they will want and need for their adventures, as well as things themed to Up.

N - World Traveler’s Market

Here in the largest store of the park, guests can find all of their Adventure World stuff that will make memories. This includes things based off of the rides and attractions as well as the stories represented here.​

O - Grand Bazaar

Come to Morocco to get some glassware, cultural items, and more in an Arabian bazaar. Here, guests can find the best of Moroccan things.​

P - Fiesta Favors

If there are guests who want to find Mexican things, they can find it all here. There are Mexican wood carvings and Mexican hats, as well as supplies for Dia de los Muertos and Feliz Navidad.​

Q - Tokyo Treasures

Here, guests can find Japanese things from all over. This involves some cultural items as well as pop culture items.​

R - Mountain Ranger Mercantile

In a rustic trading post, guests are able to buy native treasures as well as wonderful things from across Canada. This also involves some Inuit crafts and stuffed animals from the region.​

S - Petrograd Prizes

Within the Russia Pavilion is a collection of Russian things that are fit for a Tsar. Here, guests can buy cultural items and more from this shop.​

T - Carnival Stop

It’s time to party at the Brazil Pavilion. Here, guests can buy Brazilian things, most especially things for its Carnival celebration. This includes masks, samba CDs, and some more things.​

U - Kangaroo and Koala Gift Shop

Welcome to an outback outpost where quests can gather some stuffed animals and other things right from Australia. Explore its diverse history, great natural diversity, and big array of items in this shop.​

V - Lucky Stone Store

In the Ireland Pavilion, there is a store that sells Irish things. This includes lucky stones, things from Irish mythology, as well as some mugs for people.​

W - Sailaway Supplies

For guests about to begin their great adventure throughout the Currents of Time, here is a good seaside shop where they can stock up on adventure gear. With it, they can fully remember their time in Adventure World and bring some of the adventure home with them.​

ENTERTAINMENT

Chimney Sweeps dance in the park, Mary Poppins meets near Cherry Tree Lane, and Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Daisy, and Donald meet at the harbor.
And that's all for World Bay. Join us next week as we go into California Coast, where guests can be immersed in the richness of the Golden State.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
We shall now begin looking at California Coast. Here is some concept art for the area:
IMG-8562.jpg

The evening-depicted scene contains several studio attractions. In the center is the Hollywood Tower Hotel, which takes a more dilapidated approach while also recreating the Spanish Mission Revival style seen on Florida's ride. On the right are nods to other attractions in a Hollywood area as well, including the Studio Tram Tour and Rock'n'Roller Coaster. On the left are small glimpses of the two other areas of the land, which recreate the docks of San Francisco and the beaches of Malibu.
CALIFORNIA COAST

Jm21BCZDUdNBV-F77U4BNQ9nnpTgZiY0ZULzh-ex9YcWQjaQ0JMCZiSu9HikBBYdSwFyoP7Jg6-kfBuqMw3Lq90wRebx1xOJdH3CuaBX3C-zvvPnoGL4KNTtxIflhtWS40oWMC4K5o1q88LF2fgZL4PBHAioe2gp_BbyIKf3imqdspjIBO8B8ojcjB8

BACKSTORY AND OVERVIEW:​
Throughout the 1920s and the 1930s, there was a famous film director named Alfred Nobleman, a man who led a double life as an explorer. Following the passing of his mentor and friend Phileas Fogg in 1921, he was given control of the Grand Adventure Society, which he preserved while also serving as a Hollywood film director. However, his life and career were cut surprisingly short in 1939 when he and his wife stayed at the Hollywood Tower Hotel and mysteriously disappeared while riding the hotel elevator during a thunderstorm.

When putting together Adventure World, Jeff Cotton and Mickey Mouse took much interest in the California area. Not just had it been the site of this sudden event, but it was also the site of many things. Bakers were developing in San Francisco, surfers were surfing on the Malibu Coast, and music, movies, and television was booming in Hollywood, all during the mid- 1970s. With this happening, the duo decided to allow the explorers to see these events during 1976.

However, Cotton took a slight interest in restoring the Hollywood Tower Hotel to its original glory. With this, the hotel has re-opened and is allowing guests to come in and stay the night, although they may soon discover what really happened to Nobleman that one fateful night nearly forty years earlier.

In short, explorers have many adventures to embark on within Malibu, San Francisco, and Hollywood.

(I decided to set it in the 1970s because it made most sense. Aerosmith was in its first golden age, the Muppet Show was starting, and it was the beginning of the Blockbuster Age, so I decided to set it there, even though there are things from time periods beyond that in the area.)​

ATTRACTIONS

6 - The Bakery Tour

B-Ticket
Any Height​
In this walkthrough attraction, go backstage to see the making of the famous San Francisco Sourdough Bread and even get a taste of them. There is also a gluten-free bread for those who can’t have Sourdough.

7 - Red Trolley

A-Ticket
Any Height​
Take a cable car from San Francisco to Los Angeles in classic style. This cable car starts out in San Francisco in front of the Bakery Tour and heads all the way down Hollywood Boulevard and into Sunset Boulevard, ending near the Lights, Motor, Action! Theater and the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

These are the two attractions in San Francisco. Join us tomorrow as we look at the two attractions in the Malibu area.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
It's a shame you're gone for good because I was just able to read through your resort so far and your ideas are incredible and very well detailed. I especially like the concept behind the Future City.

I do hope you return and continue this as it's definitely worth it.
I noticed you recommended me for the Imagineering awards. Makes me wonder though, how do you receive a nomination for that?

Also, what's so good about Future City?

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I noticed you recommended me for the Imagineering awards. Makes me wonder though, how do you receive a nomination for that?

Also, what's so good about Future City?
You're more than welcome to nominate yourself, but the other way is for someone else to nominate you.

From what I've read in Future City you've done a great job of organizing all these different properties around the central theme, and I also appreciate the artwork that goes along with them!

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Let's look at the attractions in the Malibu area of California Coast.

8 - Surf’s Up

C-Ticket
Must be 35 in​
In this seaside family coaster, hold on tight as surf music plays all around. This is a good coaster for first-time roller coaster riders as well as those who are too small to go on the bigger roller coasters.​

9 - Water Patrol

B-Ticket
Any Height​
On this wet spinner ride, hop aboard a raft and fly around in a circle, Be careful though, for there are fish all around that squirt guests who fly by.

Sorry if there's not much for today's post. We will get to see more when we head into the Hollywood section, which is the biggest area of California Coast, tomorrow.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
It's Hooray for Hollywood as we start going into movie moments, from learning to animate to seeing the man behind the mouse's life and legacy up close. Here are some attractions that will see stars in new eyes.
10 - Animation Academy

B-Ticket
Any Height​
Come into a nice building fashioned after the original Disney Brothers Studio. Here, guests can learn how to draw Disney characters with the help of a Disney animator. With this, they are able to have step-by-step instructions on drawing, and they can take their artwork home as a souvenir.​

11 - The Disney Gallery

B-Ticket
Any Height
XR6Jv2RaYMJzGSRyDiKugbAE8ZdBCvvob8j4rVqCvcn370Q_Uz-6AXVaaGCI16TTXdqY4HjcNZmlox9RIVZA-oTftb0xqDMC9qWwJiO7l7im1tFC45FYssCfuCh5-Qm1iPhSkfMJDw1kM9dudIibDCHvcJbF9DsWwR1ZbYbhYufRmt6xILCN8w5SgvY
Guests are invited to come into this building and explore the legacy of Walt Disney. Inspired by the One Man’s Dream exhibits in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this exhibition is where guests can come in and see artifacts celebrating the man’s life, including heirlooms, recreations of things tied to the man, and even some artifacts recovered from Walt’s life. There is also the original map of Disneyland, Audio-Animatronic development, Disney’s plans for EPCOT, and photos taken during Disney’s childhood.

Tomorrow, we shall go into the area's bigger attractions, whether it be a hilarious 3-D show or a hair-raising elevator ride.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Welcome back, fellas. We've got a real interesting duo of attractions to view today.

12 - The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

E-Ticket
Must be 40 in
D3IVTDk7oxeiT-F93vSTIGVWQihU-YtEkt0olBfX0rePMKVNMS1ZQue9x-pwL-wAIwf0gCl4QuCbTbgqXJUcXftdkH9kda3-wToR1l5Fyz8kNjwqNy-uJDMWbUrGAk_QodJWqcg6fCe3kQSV08U3ohK5krA-mSSxOLPENj1SgCGJAjOM98PYmSSGLq4
Hold on tight in the elevator. You’re about to enter……….the Twilight Zone!
BACKSTORY:​
The Hollywood Tower Hotel was once an elegant gem of Los Angeles. Opened in 1917, the hotel served the biggest names during the Golden Age of Hollywood. Here, guests were treated like royalty with service beyond any other. However, all of that would change one dark and fateful night.

One stormy Halloween night in 1939, famed director and Grand Adventure Society leader Alfred Nobleman and his wife Maria were staying at the hotel. Also staying at the hotel was Sarah Morgan, a rising child star, and her nanny, Gertrude. All four of these people got into the main service elevator with a hotel bellhop named Timothy, and together, they went to the top floor. However, something strange happened on the way up. Lightning struck the building, causing the five of them to disappear from the elevator while vaporizing the main wing of the tower. The hotel was closed that night and remains so to this day.

With the creation of Adventure World, Jeff Cotton saw the state of disrepair and neglect that the hotel was in. He felt bad for it and sent a group to restore the hotel to its former glory (well, mostly). The hotel was reopened and accepted visitors. However, as visitors come to the hotel, they may discover that things are about to get pretty weird.​

Guests enter the hotel through the overgrown gardens. As they do, they pass several statues and signs that have fallen into disrepair. As they go around, 1930s jazz music plays. Up above is the tower, which takes the Spanish Mission Revival of the older towers while incorporating some new architectural elements, including a baroque approach and a dangling hotel sign.

Soon, guests will go into the lobby, a place seemingly frozen in time. The architecture and baggage are just like it was in the 1930s. Luggage remains unchecked, the service desk is being worked on by a bellhop, and the main service elevator has a sign over it, saying “out of order.” Also scattered around the lobby are several references to The Twilight Zone.

PRE-SHOW:​
Guests then enter one of two areas. One area is a library while the other is a maintenance room. Both rooms have more references, an old television, and a window showing a storm outside. When the room is full, a bellhop will welcome them to the Hollywood Tower Hotel and then inform them that their rooms are not ready yet. They close the door and leave the guests alone.

Suddenly, the lights go out following a thunderclap and the televisions turn on. With it, an episode of The Twilight Zone plays, hosted by Rod Serling. The episode is done in the format of the fourth and fifth seasons of the show with objects floating through space. As Serling narrates the episode, he tells the backstory of the ride and then comes in, saying how the guests will be taking part in this episode as they board a service elevator and head into the Twilight Zone themselves.

Afterwards, a secret passage opens up. This takes the guests down into the basement of the hotel, where they enter into a rusty boiler room. From there, they board the service elevator and sit down, strap themselves in, and prepare for the terror awaiting them.​

Even though the single-lift system used in Anaheim, Tokyo, and Paris is cheaper and takes up less space, the Orlando version has a superior system. This is a modified version of that, except it goes backwards instead of forwards and features three different shafts.

The ride starts with the elevator doors closing. Once they do, the elevators begin to ascend as Rod Serling’s voice comes from overhead:

Serling: “Here you are in a most uncommon elevator about to ascend into your own episode of The Twilight Zone. There is no turning back now.”

On the third floor, the doors open to reveal a dimly-lit corridor with an elevator in the back. Following a flash of lightning, the five ghostly inhabitants from 1939 appear, beckoning for the guests to join them. With another flash, the ghosts disappear and the hallway becomes a dark starfield. The elevator remains in view, but as it moves closer, it becomes the door from The Twilight Zone. It opens and the elevator goes inside, and then the elevator door closes and continues its ascent.​

Serling: “You’re no longer in your world. You’ve crossed over into………The Twilight Zone.”

The elevators then stop on the sixth floor, where the doors open to reveal a shorter hallway with a window at the end. Following a flash of lightning, however, the window becomes the window from the third season of The Twilight Zone and breaks. The elevators then start to move backwards, going past a starfield.

Serling: “You are going into a world of sound and matter, one where nothing is as it seems.”

At the end of the hall, the elevator goes up to the seventh floor. There, they see a mirror eerily floating in the stars. This shows the guests’ reflection, but after a flash of lightning, their reflections electrify and become ghostly, and eventually, they disappear as the elevator moves back into a second shaft, the drop tower.

Serling: “You are about to discover what lies in the darkest corner of your imagination.”

Suddenly, the elevator drops. With this, the elevator randomly rises and drops with supernatural noises and snapping cables heard from above. There is even a fake drop to startle the riders. Guests can get a view of most of Adventure World from up there, but they have to look quick. While behind the Hollywood Tower Hotel Sign, a photo is taken disguised as a flash of lightning.

After this sequence ends, the elevator drops and falls to the basement. There, it moves towards a lit door at the end of a hallway.

Serling: “It appears that you’ve made it back safely. Remember, if you ever check into an old hotel on the dark side of Hollywood, watch your step, or you might become a permanent resident of…….The Twilight Zone.”

Once it reaches the door, the guests get up and gather their belongings, and then they exit the ride.​

POST-RIDE:​
Guests walk through a hallway and to a lost and found, where their photos are displayed. They can then walk to the Tower Hotel Gifts, which is a repurposed luggage room turned gift shop. When guests leave the attraction, they go right in front of the building, making it add to the terror and look like nothing ever happened.​

13 - MuppetVision 3-D: Muppets on Broadway

C-Ticket
Any Height
jWzC40LneV18QP1jqjW1s-7m9hRY3IIX3BDEpChAJhRf72qxybowJZ03HhOnslGmZiTcCG-3bsBECh2ht_V5yUK-CrxcuJ8C6WcdnaHiJSzUtNQGRm7RYAF-m8zOPKi5vJ0bk6b-N4wd0iehS2dLEohxkxgzq8On-7YCFs95J5PkTmDoYwc0af6jT4E
By popular demand, this attraction has been updated, now with a new storyline with more modern characters and humor, as well as enhanced 3-D effects.​

Guests walk into a 1970s-style theater with a water tower with Kermit the Frog on it. Once they go in, guests walk past a bunch of props and advertisements for fake Muppet movies, such as “Pigs in Space,” “Gonz with the Wind,” and a concert with “Fozzie Osbourne.” Guests also walk past actual props and set pieces from existing Muppet movies, starting with 1979’s The Muppet Movie and going on with other movies, including A Muppet Christmas Carol (1994), Muppet Treasure Island (1996), The Muppets (2011), and Muppets: Most Wanted (2014). As guests wait for the theater to let them in, they wait in a room full of televisions, which plays Muppet parodies of TV shows, including Muppet News, the Muppet Zone (The Twilight Zone), I Love Piggy (I Love Lucy), Bunsen the Science Guy (Bill Nye the Science Guy), The Great Swedish Bake-Off (The Great British Bake-Off), Animalf (ALF), and Muppet Family (Modern Family). Soon, these shows are interrupted by Scooter, who appears in a window above and mutes the televisions. He announces that the show is ready and leaves, rushing to finish preparations.

Guests then enter a big theater resembling the one from The Muppet Show. They sit down and put on their 3-D glasses, which were given to them in the queue. Then, they sit down and wait for the lights to dim.​

SHOW EXPERIENCE:​
Kermit announces that the show is about to begin, and on the balcony, Waldorf and Statler mutter about how this is going to be another disappointment, also referencing how poorly-attended the original attraction was and laughing about it. A penguin orchestra comes up and begins to make music. The stage then comes up and the MuppetVision logo is presented, as well as a 3-D sign that comes out. Kermit moves Walter away from it, and then introduces the show to the guests. Kermit then takes them around the Muppet Studios, interacting with Fozzie (who sprays the audience as a joke), the Swedish Chef (who is baking some questionable recipe) and Gonzo (who announces his plan to launch fireworks inside.) When talking to Miss Piggy, Kermit accidentally reveals their new project, where they will be recreating Broadway Musicals with a Muppet twist. Meanwhile, Beaker is overhearing this conversation and runs over to Honeydew’s lab, where they are keeping the CGI Muppet, Waldo C. Graphic, in a glass container, making sure he doesn’t cause any more trouble (like he did in the original MuppetVision 3-D attraction.) The two of them then hear banging in the closet and Pepe the King Prawn is revealed to be stuck in there, saying how he was put in there by someone. Honeydew suspects the old men, but they deny it. Waldo uses this as a chance to escape and breaks the jar open, running out into the studio.

The first broadway production is Newsies. Walter leads a bunch of Newsboys as they go on strike in Gilded Age America. However, Waldo comes in and messes things up, turning into a taxi and running over Walter. Waldo says to the audience how he’s not talking to all of them, but just the one who is watching, who he points at with his nose. Kermit comes in and asks what happened, just as Miss Piggy comes in for an opera solo. During her performance, she is backed by Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, who play a rock version of the song. She gets annoyed by their loudness and tells them to keep it down, which they do. Then, she notes how it is too quiet and tells them to speak up. Waldo appears and turns into a loudspeaker, causing rock music to blast Miss Piggy off of the screen, but then she is thrust back into it and towards a wall. Following this disaster, Beaker and Honeydew arrive and inform the other Muppets of Waldo’s escape.​
qqw9BZGnryOzDFesaNt7nRqHev_rozTtINJGrM3TfFDnvW6ZedKXrvygl7MWG6YwFDKejinUrueq8HhvRdhnSp2q3SSxw0nJbpGsVZvaQQRqEXsnZRa29PiZ_eoNq0DdK6_xdJhVG6epngdgjnO3oiZj7NG-HTeuUPXwwBGArA4N-tjeb4cAq_vIK8s
Before starting their next act, the Muppets look around the theater. Fozzie wrongly accuses a couple of audience members of being Waldo, which is shown by a screen on the screen and a spotlight shining on that audience member. Waldorf and Stalter heckle them, saying how their show was good and the best part was when they messed it up, but they ignore the old men and keep looking. Little do they know that Pepe is after Waldo with a butterfly net, looking for him. Pepe appears on the other balcony, looking for the CGI Muppet but failing as a production of The Lion King starts. This features a Circle of Life scene where Sweetums (who plays Rafiki) raises Rizzo (who plays Simba). Backstage, Honeydew and Beaker meet with Pepe, discussing their search for Waldo. Just then, Waldo turns into a ninja and ties the three of them up. Gonzo shows up and sees this, and goes after Waldo. Unfortunately, his fireworks go off and he goes into the production, crashing through Rizzo and the rats as they sing “I Just Can’t Wait to be King.”

A discouraged Kermit walks off the stage, but Honeydew and Beaker meet with him, discussing how they will find him. Seeing how unhappy the Muppets have become, Waldo feels bad for this and instead tries to help them. He apologizes to Kermit for his actions and decides to help them with the finale. During a production of Hamilton, he concludes the act with “The Battle of Yorktown,” making cannons boom and fires spread, as well as a surrender flag. Following the big finale, Kermit thanks the guests for coming as the penguins have turned to rock and roll instead of symphony music. After the film, the curtains close and he notes how the guests should applaud, but the old men heckle them. Waldo mimics them, which makes the old men fall backwards in their seats. Stalter says how this is impossible since they are nailed to their seats, but Waldo says that anything is possible before disappearing again.

After the show, guests walk out of the theater and back into the studio area. They drop off their 3-D glasses in the bin nearby.

We will finish up the attractions of California Coast tomorrow with a Studio Tour and a Rockin' Rollercoaster ride.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Let us look at the remaining two attractions of California Coast.

14 - Studio Backlot Tour

D-Ticket
Any Height
m7tgR7icGeXhQAb5u3gsgzo3auylvJnxcywcd78ZYl3oeJlC8NV_9go-_9Ch3v4Yi44Fi7N2RRvD5exgx77Zf0F0mL_blZfOrEIojDiKR2uhKv16SO9pEYjXyfoX-pVX34OymI57jtdlFtoJNHLe_HDECe6n8IGOl3KpbzjYVHbZ49jBPc0E9OfdW_8
At the end of Hollywood Boulevard is a studio tram tour, where guests can board a tram for a thirty-minute tour of a backlot. Here, guests tour the sets of Disney movies, see special effects, see studio parts, and even go on a few in-attraction attractions. Like Universal Hollywood’s Tram Tour, this has thrilling shows within the attraction. This features Aladdin’s Cave of Wonders and the thrilling finale to the tour: Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure (modified from an idea in Shanghai).

Guests navigate through a tour station before boarding their tram. Once onboard, they will sit down and look at a screen, where their host (Dwayne Johnson) will welcome them. Unlike the Universal tram tour, food is not allowed.​

The ride starts out with them going backstage and seeing studio backlots, including some soundstage warehouses and trailers. The tram also passes some cars used in the movies, as well as some consulting offices.

However, the tram gets a lot more interesting as it goes through a damaged London area, where a red bus is in the middle of an apocalyptic London scene. Fire erupts from places, and soon, there is rumbling beneath the tracks.

The tram then begins to go through the sets of Disney movies, most especially the live-action remakes of Disney animated films. This includes Belle’s village from 2017’s Beauty and the Beast, the streets of London from 2018’s Mary Poppins Returns, and the streets of Agrabah from 2019’s Aladdin.

Continuing from the Aladdin set, the tram goes into the Cave of Wonders. There, treasure is all around. Up on a spire, Aladdin is seen grabbing the lamp. In the meantime, Abu touches a gem, causing lava to come down. The tram speeds up, and luckily, it is able to escape.

The tram goes through the sets of other live action movies. This includes the streets of Washington D.C. from National Treasure, and the streets of 1940s Los Angeles from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The tram then proceeds into Catastrophe Canyon, where a flood happens with explosions, but they are able to escape. The tram is able to go through the village of Singapore from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (which coincidentally, was built on a Universal Studios set).

The trams then go into a cave, where there are skeletal pirates everywhere. As a reference to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, there is a jail cell with skeletal prisoners alongside a skeletal dog. The trams then pass through a small tunnel, where one skeleton becomes Captain Jack Sparrow and sends them on a quest. The trams seemingly go underwater through a shipyard, passing mermaids, fish-like sailors, and the Kraken before going into the Flying Dutchman. There, Davy Jones is playing the organ, but stops and turns around to see the guests and challenges them to a duel. As they exit the ship, all of the sunken ships emerge above the waters and battle in an epic duel. Locked between the Dutchman and the Black Pearl, guests are put in the middle of a battle between Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones. They go into the Dutchman, where Jack loads some treasure on a rowboat before Davy Jones jumps in and battles him. Jack defeats Jones and escapes with the crew, who in return, get it safely back to the loading station. Johnson bids the guests farewell as the tram stops and they return to the studios.​

15 - Rock’n’roller Coaster

E-Ticket
Must be 48 in
3o4fJJjs0icUlvn0Q1obpBq4vx_-gi0HG-6BjVIbfbEF1NwLVkEc8dcijiI4SDldwWIJhOIaRMNRfhy9fEaLrWMckCLHjQok9hYnCQO45TM5InjqJ6QYV-5CndUQHbbWXWolAbbo9lRctNZA6-sY3NVxc7r0bWqY_SGFHFvlLPDRF15sRH9qEFNBPhQ

OVERVIEW:​
Now this is a more thrilling version than its Floridian counterpart. While TRON would be the fastest roller coaster in Disneytopia, this is the wildest and longest ride in the resort. It features five inversions: two barrel rolls, a loop, and two curve flips. I do keep hearing rumors of them making a new ride out of it for its Florida version (they’ve already rethemed the Paris version of the ride to Iron Man), but I doubt it. So Aerosmith may be an old and historically uneasy band, but they are rock and roll legends. This ride further continues that legacy, playing their greatest songs.​

At the edge of the Production Central is G-Force Records, a recording company that has honored rock and roll’s greatest legends by recording their greatest hits. Since the time period of the area is the 1970s (even though some shows in the area betray that theme), they would be recording music for such rock legends as Led Zeppelin, AC*DC, and of course, Aerosmith.

Walking past a giant guitar, guests then proceed up a ramp and then go into the recording building. Here, guests can see old recording machines used in the 1970s, as well as a disco ball on the ceiling. Guests then go past some statues of rock and roll figures, including Elvis Prestley and Don McLean.​

PRE-SHOW:​
Guests go into the recording studio, where they sit behind a window and look inside. Within the studio are rock instruments amidst a vibrant setting, and on the other end of the room is another window where a recorder is playing music. Around the recorder are Aerosmith band members Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Brad Hamilton, and Joey Kramer. They quickly notice the guests and greet them. Just then, the producer comes in and tells them that their project is ready. Steven Tyler explains to guests that they are working on a great new music collection made of all their best songs as well as a car that moves to the speed of this music. Tyler admits that they haven’t had much fan time and asks the producer if the guests can join in. Although he is originally reluctant to do it, the producer accepts it when Tyler says how they’ll pay him back. The band leaves, and then the producer looks at the guests. He tells them how they’ll be going on a “Rockin’ Rollercoaster” before explaining more about the car, saying how it is very fast and how the city has agreed to close down multiple streets for them to test it out. The guests then bid farewell as they exit through a hallway and into a garage.

In the garage are several parked cars, as well as some empty lots. The garage is lit by some hanging lights. Guests will walk by some bars and then board the car. They put their belongings in a pouch and then pull their lapbars down. Then, they wait for the ride to begin.​

As guests move out of the garage and into a tunnel, there is a giant screen. Meanwhile, Steven Tyler’s voice comes from overhead, telling the guests to get ready. The vehicle prepares to launch as it builds up. Then, Steven Tyler gives a countdown, counting down from five. Tyler skips one and the car comes speeding out into the track.

Throughout the ride, the vehicle passes through many Hollywood landmarks, which are done more realistically than they are in Florida. This includes the Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Hollywood Sign, Hearst Castle, Grauman’s Chinese Theater, the Observatory, and the beach. The ride is so dark that guests cannot tell when they’re being flipped upside down most of the time, but the inversions are clear. The barrel rolls come before and after the Hollywood Sign, the loop is right by the Chinese Theater, and the flips come after a traffic scene.​

During the ride, guests have a chance of listening to one of five songs:

• “Sweet Emotion”
  • “Walk this Way”
  • “Back in the Saddle”
  • “Dude (Looks like a Lady)”
  • “Love in a Roller coaster” (a rewritten version of “Love in an Elevator”)

Guests will soon finish the ride by returning to the G-Force Records. Here, they disembark their vehicle next to the foyer of the building. When the vehicle stops, guests gather their belongings and get off.​

After the ride, guests walk into the building and go down a hallway and into a shop. This is where they can see their photos taken during the launch and get some themed souvenirs at Rock Around the Shop.

Join us tomorrow as we look at what else California Coast has to offer, including dining, shopping, and most importantly, three big shows.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Just an update on yesterday's post. There are not three shows. There are four. I forgot about the fourth one, but now I've remembered it.

But enough of that. Let's look at the shopping, dining, and entertainment in California Coast.
DINING

X - Ghiradeli’s Chocolate Emprorium

lEYNwf-XarLsB8m4JkTnC6n7tQbvsl_Ye4cOlznC5tWIoXBl-rOtaYEqD1SH_fe7FGXlQCD_VQJNLuCJAVSFugSvt1U86dwTi5F_bK-tL4gRy7A-Nn6W8jk6YpDGl9I-835Pm1RFwKYewkZLFQu5n2EapVNo0jW2UrRoS8_wyX_66LcPLs2dW8JrA7o
Inside a recreation of Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco, guests can come in and treat themselves to chocolatey delights. This includes ice cream, milk shakes, and treats.​
SAMPLE MENU:​
Make-your-own Ice Cream…………………………………………………………………….4.55
Cookies………………………………………………………………………………………...4.55
Brownies……………………………………………………………………………………….5.00
Milkshakes……………………………………………………………………………………..5.00
Ice Cream Specials……………………………………………………………………………..5.15
Root Beer Floats……………………………………………………………………………….5.15

Y - Trolley Car Cafe

Near a cable car station is a San Francisco eatery where guests can sit down and have some food. With some music in the air and a big city feel, this is a nice place to sit down for a bit. Also, this is a good place for a fast lunch or dinner.​

Z - Golden Gate Grill

In this outdoor restaurant, come and get some grilled meat from the best chefs in San Francisco. This includes chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and more, all of which can satisfy an empty stomach. As guests eat, they can sit in a shady pavilion and watch as cable cars, boats, and people go by.​

AA - Surfer’s Spot

During their visit to the sunny beaches of Malibu, guests can come to this boardwalk restaurant and eat up. This serves great desserts, such as shaved ice and ice cream. This also gives some sandwiches, burgers, and corndogs too for the guests to enjoy.​

AB - Hollywood and Vine

Within a 1930s Hollywood designed building, come in and take a seat to feast on a delicious Californian cuisine. During this, Mickey and friends will come around and greet your little ones and maybe sign their autograph. (Reservation Required).​

AC - Mama’s 50’s Cafe

Step into this nostalgic kitchen setting circa 1955. It’s dinner time with the extended family, and mom is making great food. From meatloaf to chicken wings, there is something for everyone. Just make sure to be on your best behavior or else you’ll get in trouble with Uncle Jack. As you eat, you can even watch old TV shows. (Reservation Required)​

SAMPLE MENU:​
Entrees:
Aunt Janie’s Chicken: Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, and assorted vegetables...8.00
Mom’s Favorites: Fried Chicken, Meatloaf, Pot Roast, and green beans……………………...8.15
Uncle Pete’s Meatloaf: Beef and pork meatloaf with sauce, served with mashed potatoes with gravy and green beans……………………………………………………………………….…7.55
Salad: Cesar, Vegetarian, or Tomato…………………………………………………………...8.00
Cousin Lou’s Pot Roast: Pot Roast with mashed potatoes and vegetables…………………….7.55
Desserts:
Warm Apple Crisp…………………………………………………………………………....10.00
Dad’s Favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake………………………………………………..10.00
Mom’s Brownie………………………………………………………………………………10.00
50’s style Ice Cream Sundae………………………………………………………………….10.00​

AD - Award Wieners

Near the crossroads between Hollywood Boulevard and Production Central is a hot dog stand selling an assortment of meats. This includes chili dogs, hot dogs, cheese dogs, corn dogs, and more, all at this stand. They taste so good that it’s worth nominating for an award.​

AE - Stuntman’s Diner

In a small, mid-century diner is where stuntmen can find their fuel after thrilling stunts. Here, guests are treated to warm foods and cold desserts that’s sure to get their engines started.​

AF - The Studio Backlot Restaurant

In the Production Central is where guests can eat in a themed restaurant based off of their favorite movies. This includes rooms themed to Pirates of the Caribbean, Frozen, Cars, The Lion King, and Mary Poppins. Also in here are movie-themed foods and desserts that will leave them wanting more. (Reservation Required)​

SHOPPING

AG - Dennis’ Dockside Emporium

Can’t get enough of San Francisco? If so, come here and shop for anything you want from the famous portside city.​

AH - Golden State Gear

For California dreamers, this is the place where they can find the best of the Golden State. Here, they can purchase things like bears, California gear, national park books, and even some souvenirs based off of the original Disneyland Park.​

AI - Beach Treasures

Surfers can find all their beach belongings down here. This quaint beach house serves swimsuits, towels, and other things for surfers, as well as surf-themed toys and apparel.​

AJ - Walk of Fame Store

Get in touch with Hollywood in this themed store where Los Angeles comes alive. Here, guests can find anything they want from the City of Stars, as well as movie-themed collectibles.​

AK - The Darkroom

Within this small shop, guests can find electronics and photography, and even have photos of them made recreating classic movie posters. It’s a wonderful experience that’ll make guests feel like a star.​

AL - Tower Hotel Shop

If guests survive the plummet within the Hollywood Tower Hotel’s cursed elevators, they will soon come to this former luggage area which now serves as a gift shop. Here, they can find souvenirs from the infamous hotel as well as Twilight Zone mementos.​

AM - Rock around the Shop

Fans of Aerosmith can find a collection of souvenirs in this gift shop within G-Force records. Here, they can remember their ride on the Rock’n’Roller Coaster with apparel, CDs, and other things.​

AN - Animation Station

Within the Production Central area is a small store selling souvenirs based off of the surrounding shows in the area. This includes things based off of The Muppets, Frozen, and Finding Nemo.​

ENTERTAINMENT

Disney Junior Live on Stage

Join your favorite Disney Junior stars for a hot diggidy-dog good time. Located on Hollywood Boulevard, this is a great show for little kids.​

Lights, Motor, Action!

0q8tMFV4XKeFCHm0GtXNxg8oYscs0YM9LBvhpJGf7ssv6n2bHeEiGymh5xszEf2R9GOzM0kzuE9cv2LSh7eE9sR0Rhhty8LgZoJISmOJfH-o1VselDHJbwTEl4sB6JIxDLrhTInfzUqiKiXN6hJ7f0AtGaz2TFfeMfpxQia0oxZn_YTSeQ0FOro68es
Come see an impressive stunt show located at the edge of Sunset Boulevard. Here, guests will see a mind-boggling show with explosions, car chases, and a great finale within a Mediterranean village.​

Frozen: Live at the Hyperion

For the first time in forever, see a Broadway-style performance of the hit film. Featuring your favorite characters, memorable songs from the film (as well as some from the Broadway musical), and even some snow at the end, this is one show worth melting for.​

Finding Nemo: The Musical

Inspired by the Animal Kingdom show of the same name, this performance has found a second home within the Backlot Theater. This features puppetry with stunts and music, as well as original songs by Frozen songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez.​
Anna, Elsa, Olaf, and some Disney Junior characters also meet in the area.
And that's a wrap on California Coast. Tune in tomorrow as we head over to European Harbor.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Let's no go across the pond to European Harbor, even though it's directly above California Coast. This is more of a culturally immersive area, even though a few rides are present. Not many, though.​

EUROPEAN HARBOR

wGI5mMaGPR8kLkvBpvkivKLEzOcRmQgTx1VsKD2IBiP6VpgRqPSLH5QGBPgkD8JT3TovVHC8uSUfwice4SknC-scR43YeMfr9C9TfqUPhNavZ5DEt0aZgiXIssD5YYvhYFAQI9nNmZvr7R4DMDGJfKPSSRqk3z1is1HdUypL25ConoVt7E8mOJFTiZ4

OVERVIEW:​
Known for its beauty, rich culture, and amazing history, the cities of Europe have been a large tourist attraction for decades. Some of these cities include the unique nautical port of Venice, the quaint Spanish city of Madrid, the urban Dutch metropolis of Amsterdam, and the culturally rich city of Paris. All four of these cities have been places of interest and continue to be in these days.

With the creation of Adventure World, Jeff Cotton has invited guests to explore these four cities and uncover the wonder and majesty of each location. Not just that, but they will also be immersed in the cultures of Italy, Spain, France, and the Netherlands as well. They can explore more of their culture, history, and stories, from a gondola ride through the canal to an exploration of a Venetian fortress to a dash across a French kitchen, there’s something for travelers of all ages.

The best part of this area is how well these areas flow together. Rather than going from place to place, these four countries are connected by borders (with the exception of the Netherlands) and all of them have a modern theming. The cultures are also all similar to each other.

However, there is more between these cities. Located between the Amsterdam and Paris area is the retrofuturistic world of Discoveryland and between the Venetian fortress and Paris is the nautical realm of Mermaid Kingdom, but those will be gone over later.​

ATTRACTIONS

16 - Venetian Gondolas

A-Ticket
Any Height
sL_uHzb0-HzIG3qqbmehIy2xQNxqeXpBN2sC1V5bJs1-ZoVjTAqUxh_s6PyNa49l0t-IQx04HlmMsCDN-X7oD3mJY_EzdAp2jqpWZj-LqEJFir3U32DIJ967NpSjl_Nb2k370YaeNf-ezLrOFnzvwVrieWgqSPPH36HCpBsUBsFlUsQb3gKb5JlmZ84
Hop aboard a gondola for a scenic boat tour of Venice, also seeing the whole lagoon and an amazing view when outside. As guests go along the canal, they will see picturesque sights and hear charming music, which further immerses them in the atmosphere of this incredible city.​

17 - Venetian Fortress Explorations

B-Ticket
Any Height​
Across the canal from Venice is a big 13th Century Venetian fortress. Guests are allowed to go inside and explore the place, learning about many explorers such as Marco Polo. Along the way, they can learn more of the lore surrounding Venice as well as the history of the Venetian Republic. They can even board a ship and explore it, firing cannons, reading a map, and exploring the interiors of the ship. This is similar to the Fortress Explorations attraction at Tokyo Disneysea but without the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.

Join us tomorrow as we make it over to another "rattraction" that will leave you hungry for more.​

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
Let's now see the biggest draw to the land.

18 - Ratatouille: Remy’s Adventure

D-Ticket
Any Height
whzWGJqrwEIRkVSCwwoocE_lMLax3mWjJ3mli2Z9EraNpGv0uULdGN1b1vyYQuoR5vXBKXztdySK9X5OrxFz2csPznaDNXtr93iEJV6I6PSaOlck1eIm1sIuTrKKmmTw-iHSel4E4PGQ1G955pMYV-QRIpVqJWKf3Cy4Vio_3x4fTfNddViRUwrJLyY
Join Remy on an adventure through the sights, sounds, and smells of Guesteau’s kitchen.

In the back of the Parisian area of European Harbor is a set of buildings, the center of which is marked by a sign. Over the head of the buildings, guests can see the sign for Guesteau’s restaurant. Guests go into the middle building and come out inside on the rooftops of Paris. Everything is suddenly oversized to give guests the impression that they’ve been shrunken to the size of a rat. Here, they can see the Guesteau’s sign even closer, and from time to time, it comes to life and speaks to guests.

Soon enough, guests will hop aboard a “ratmobile.” Once they get on, guests put on a pair of 3-D glasses (which was given to them by cast members before they boarded) and pull down their lap bars.​

After the ratmobiles get going, they come across Remy and the spirit of Guesteau, trying to decide what to make for the guests. They eventually decide to make their famous ratatouille dish. However, after this, Remy and the guests fall through a flip window and land in the kitchen of Guesteau’s restaurant.

This begins a chase sequence where the guests move with Remy, going under serving platters and running on the floor under the table. They run past Chef Skinner, who is suspicious of the presence of rats in the kitchen. In the meantime, Linguini tries to distract him while Remy and other rats with stolen food are running past them.

The vehicles go through a walk-in freezer, where the scents of frozen food are smelled. They go past a fridge where Remy and his brother Emille are fighting over a piece of cheese. The vehicles go past other rats who are seen taking some food, but then they leave the kitchen. They hurry underneath a hot over, where the heat can be felt from above. Then, they follow a wheeled server out into the dining area.

In the dining area, the vehicles, rats, and Remy are discovered by the people in the restaurant, causing a riot. The vehicles attempt to escape, but they are caught by Skinner. Luckily, Linguini opens an air vent to let the rats escape. The vehicles run along the vents, dodging Skinner’s hands in the vent as they exit the restaurant.

In Remy’s kitchen, Remy is seen mixing ingredients together to make Ratatouille. Then, in the next scene, the Ratatouille is being served to the rat clan with Gusteau’s spirit floating around, although none of them can see him except for Remy. Afterwards, Remy bids the guests farewell as they move to the unloading area. Guests disembark there, walking through the oversized objects and placing the 3-D glasses in a bin.​

Like the version of the attraction in Walt Disney Studios Paris, guests exit the attraction through a restaurant called Chez Remy. They go past the eating, however, and out the main doors. To eat at Chez Remy, guests would have to have a reservation, plus entering a restaurant from a ride would be awkward, so they instead just go past it.

Join us tomorrow when we see the cultural side of European Harbor, specifically the restaurants, shops, and entertainment in the area.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom