News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Jrb1979

The line also eats an insane amount of people on an attraction.
Theoretically if small world has a 30 boats that each hold 20 people, 600 people are soaked up by the attraction. This is regardless if they stick with 2 loading docks or add a 3rd one.
If Small world can push 3000 people an hour and has an hour long line with 70% capacity going to LL. 900 people are soaked up in line.

If we up capacity 5% hourly capacity is 3,150. Now there are 945 people "soaked up" in line. Up the hourly capacity on multiple attractions and you can get a few thousand people in lines without increasing wait time.

It has to be... G+ is the affordable option. It would have to be priced high enough that most people don't have it. IMHO the $150-$250 express pass price at USO would be far too cheap at WDW and would sell out every day and the lines would be swamped.
Not if you cap sales.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would like to see Disney let resorts guests book their first genie+ and Ill selection a week or so before they arrive and let them choose their return time . This will eliminate the need to have to get up before 7am every day on vacation. This will also allow them some flexibility on when they go to the parks (for the non early people) By only letting them pick one, it will still leave inventory for non resort guests. After their first selection they fall under the regular rules (120 mins after park opening for their next selection)

I think this will be a MAJOR upgrade at no cost to them
That’s the fastpass+ they dumped because it clogged the system

And if people didn’t pay for the rooms…there would be a need to incentive

mitchk

So I’ve been off the forums for a while …well not off, but back-and-forth kind of ….has anyone heard anything about the return of the dining plan? I know the park reservation system and everything is probably going to go away before Easter, but has there been any word on the dining plan? I’m sorry I should be more in the loop ..thanks in advance.

nickys

Premium Member
So I’ve been off the forums for a while …well not off, but back-and-forth kind of ….has anyone heard anything about the return of the dining plan? I know the park reservation system and everything is probably going to go away before Easter, but has there been any word on the dining plan? I’m sorry I should be more in the loop ..thanks in advance.
Nothing yet.

fgmnt

In order to soak up those people your queue needs to be large enough to hold them. Adding 345 people to a queue would require a minimum of 1,725 SF (5 SF per person).
This is a problem I feel like not enough people cite; every element of the Orlando parks were designed or redesigned with the expectation that a certain number of people for an attraction would be in standby and alternate queueing. The summer and early fall of 2021 when capacity was close to normal and the alternate queueing was closed, standby lines could be monstrous.

TQQQ

The line also eats an insane amount of people on an attraction.
Theoretically if small world has a 30 boats that each hold 20 people, 600 people are soaked up by the attraction. This is regardless if they stick with 2 loading docks or add a 3rd one.
If Small world can push 3000 people an hour and has an hour long line with 70% capacity going to LL. 900 people are soaked up in line.

If we up capacity 5% hourly capacity is 3,150. Now there are 945 people "soaked up" in line. Up the hourly capacity on multiple attractions and you can get a few thousand people in lines without increasing wait time.

It has to be... G+ is the affordable option. It would have to be priced high enough that most people don't have it. IMHO the $150-$250 express pass price at USO would be far too cheap at WDW and would sell out every day and the lines would be swamped.
Well I absolutely despise Genie+ but I would rather it over that. They just need to cap sales then.

Chi84

Premium Member
Well I absolutely despise Genie+ but I would rather it over that. They just need to cap sales then.
People keep saying that, but how would they cap sales? I'm not making a resort reservation, buying tickets, scheduling flights and going through all the time, effort and expense associated with a WDW vacation unless I know for certain that I can skip the lines.

Trauma

People keep saying that, but how would they cap sales? I'm not making a resort reservation, buying tickets, scheduling flights and going through all the time, effort and expense associated with a WDW vacation unless I know for certain that I can skip the lines.
They should just raise the price to $100 per person. That should be high enough to reduce demand.

lazyboy97o

You could purchase the actual line skipping offering which is pre-booked.

dreday3

You could purchase the actual line skipping offering which is pre-booked.

If they are capping, resort stays should be guaranteed Genie +.
It's already ridiculous that you can't pre-purchase it when you book, let alone have it be a perk for staying at a resort.

Chi84

Premium Member
Genie+ is not a line skipping offering. The VIP Tours are, and they are booked in advance.
So you’re saying to eliminate any system that doesn’t require people to stand in lines other than the VIP tours? Basically just go to all standby unless you book a tour?

Aren’t the tours around $2,000 per day minimum with tip? And you have to have a guide with you for at least 7 hours? That seems like a completely different experience than just skipping the lines.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
It's already ridiculous that you can't pre-purchase it when you book, let alone have it be a perk for staying at a resort.
You’re right. That would be an absolute minimum for me to commit to a WDW vacation. There’s no way I would book a room there if I wasn’t guaranteed the opportunity to buy a system that would allow us to skip the lines.

lazyboy97o

That undermines the purpose of the system to be able to shape demand and be monetized.

So you’re saying to eliminate any system that doesn’t require people to stand in lines other than the VIP tours? Basically just go to all standby unless you book a tour?

Aren’t the tours around $2,000 per day minimum with tip? And you have to have a guide with you for at least 7 hours? That seems like a completely different experience than just skipping the lines.
I’m saying FastPass, FastPass+ and Genie+ are not line skipping systems. They are virtual queues and how they operate is different. This refusal to acknowledge just that basic fact is why so many keep spinning around trying to figure out why things are the way that they are and why they can’t go back to what they were.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom