News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

TrainsOfDisney

Wondering how the test runs are going- adding a crossing right after a tunnel on the only significant grade on the railroad will keep the engineers and firemen busy.

Vegas Disney Fan

I love how this is turning out, I just wish they hadn’t built that wall after the tunnel, I’d rather see “the back side of trees” from the train than a concrete wall.

I know the logic was to hide the train from Tomorrowland but the tradeoff is going to be an ugly view from onboard the train, I think a glimpse of an out of theme train through the trees might have been the lessor evil.

Hopefully they’ll at least throw some ride posters, paint a mural, or do something more exciting than leave it gray concrete.

solidyne

I love how this is turning out, I just wish they hadn’t built that wall after the tunnel, I’d rather see “the back side of trees” from the train than a concrete wall.

I know the logic was to hide the train from Tomorrowland but the tradeoff is going to be an ugly view from onboard the train, I think a glimpse of an out of theme train through the trees might have been the lessor evil.

Hopefully they’ll at least throw some ride posters, paint a mural, or do something more exciting than leave it gray concrete.
I like the idea of an out-of-theme train visible. More motion, more energy. What's more, the train is supposed to be a sort of common thread between lands.

Vegas Disney Fan

Yeah…. You wouldn’t want a steam train taking away from the thematic perfection of the Tomorrowland Speedway.
Good point…

201E51EF-7471-45F3-BCAD-F874C6A90FF7.jpeg

James Alucobond

A Tomorrowland mosaic would be lovely, but there are already so many barren walls along the railroad even in locations where it's thematically less appropriate that I wouldn't hope for much of anything here.

mysto

I suspect the logic is that "those people" who clamber around on attractions aren't very likely to downclimb a 12' wall. Forces them to use the crossing.

Captain Barbossa

Got to be pretty close. You can see in the picture how close the top of the passenger cars are. This picture give a good perspective on how much taller the smoke stack is.

View attachment 681108
And that’s not even the tallest smokestack of the fleet. I’m sure the clearance is close, but it fits.
It will be fine, just got to coat the top of that stack in a can of Crisco each morning, no big deal!
“Welcome aboard The Walt Disney World Railroad, presented by Crisco!”

Wondering how the test runs are going- adding a crossing right after a tunnel on the only significant grade on the railroad will keep the engineers and firemen busy.
The new crossing is pretty much in the exact same spot on the grade as the old one, so I highly doubt there’s going to be much of a difference in terms of what the fireman and engineer will have to do.

TrainsOfDisney

The new crossing is pretty much in the exact same spot on the grade as the old one, so I highly doubt there’s going to be much of a difference in terms of what the fireman and engineer will have to do.
It’s just going to keep them busy. The grade itself is one thing, a tunnel on the grade adds another things (adjust the blower, etc.) and as soon as you exit the tunnel whistle and look out for the crossing.

Captain Barbossa

It will be like following a diesel running on fry oil down the road.
Are they already running on fry oil or do they process that on Bear Island?
Nope, they use #2 oil. However, they do use biodiesel (fry oil) on the Disneyland Railroad.

Unless something has changed, I’m pretty sure the buses and parking trams run on biodiesel that they produce at the Bear Island refinery.

mikeymouse

Nope, they use #2 oil. However, they do use biodiesel (fry oil) on the Disneyland Railroad.

Unless something has changed, I’m pretty sure the buses and parking trams run on biodiesel that they produce at the Bear Island refinery.
Last time I took the steam train tour, we were told they run bio at WDW. Thought the buses and trams used CNG. Hmm...

mikeymouse

It’s just going to keep them busy. The grade itself is one thing, a tunnel on the grade adds another things (adjust the blower, etc.) and as soon as you exit the tunnel whistle and look out for the crossing.
They whistle "Here comes the train" before the tunnel like in Adventureland/Frontierland.

Ayla

The tunnel is also going to be a huge safety hazard. People ignored the "keep your arms and legs inside the train and seat kids to the inside" safety message.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom