Splash Mnt Animatronic Mystery

Banjogator1974

Original Poster
I have been keeping track of what is going on with Splash Mountain before it closes. One thing I have noticed, is that one of the Alligator animatronics in the showboat scene has been missing for a year now. Previously, I would have assumed he is being repaired but, It is almost one month from the assumed closure of the ride (In January, ppl have speculated it will close.) I just don’t think he will be back before then at this point. I don’t understand bringing back an animatronic when the ride is closing soon. Does anyone know whats going on with this gator?. I asked ppl and some have speculated that he’s being tested to possibly be reused for Bayou Adventure. However, Disney has not said a word on what is happening to the now existing America Sings animatronics.

Goofyernmost

If they close it in January, it ain't coming back, period. They might be using the skeleton of it for the Frog for all we know. Why get so upset about a robot anyway. If they weren't changing the attractions then I would understand the concern, but since they have announced it worrying about it's status is pretty much a waste of a good worry.

Brer Panther

I'm skeptical that any of the animatronics will be reused in the Tiana ride. Aside from one or two Brer Bear animatronics that'll be reskinned as Louis.

Banjogator1974

Original Poster
If they close it in January, it ain't coming back, period. They might be using the skeleton of it for the Frog for all we know. Why get so upset about a robot anyway. If they weren't changing the attractions then I would understand the concern, but since they have announced it worrying about it's status is pretty much a waste of a good worry.
I am not at all against the revamp, I was just curious about this.

JIMINYCR

It’s not unusual that animatronics that are removed from closing attractions are repurposed in another attraction. A gator would be likely to be included in the upcoming attraction. If the gator or other animals can add to the theming and Disney can reskin them it will save money in the building budget. I can see this gator showing up again.

Brer Panther

After Disney trashed the Universe of Energy Dinosaurs and the Great Movie Ride animatronics, I wouldn't put it past them to scrap the Splash Mountain animatronics for parts.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Call me a pessimist but I don't think the Marc Davis character designs will last to PatF. The two art styles are too radically different and I don't think any old designs that could be connected to Old Splash stay. As for the Alligator, I hear he's using up his last sick days before the ride closes

Brer Panther

If they're turning the lift hill into Mama Odie's house, I doubt the vultures will stick around. They'd be pretty out of place there.

Brer Panther

I wouldn't expect any of the Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Frog, or Mr. Bluebird animatronics to be kept around as well. Even if they put new clothes on them, they're way too recognizable to be included in the retheme. And unlike the "reskin Brer Bear as Louis" theory, I can't imagine them being reskinned as any of the characters from The Princess and the Frog.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I wouldn't expect any of the Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Frog, or Mr. Bluebird animatronics to be kept around as well. Even if they put new clothes on them, they're way too recognizable to be included in the retheme. And unlike the "reskin Brer Bear as Louis" theory, I can't imagine them being reskinned as any of the characters from The Princess and the Frog.

Now the underlying mechanical and pneumatic armature can and will be reused (not necessarily in the new themed experience but in others with the same generation of equipment), but the costumes and shells wont.

TwilightZone

Judging by concept art, there will be a banjo playing otter, wonder if there's any animatronics in the current ride that could be reskinned to that?

DisAl

I have been keeping track of what is going on with Splash Mountain before it closes. One thing I have noticed, is that one of the Alligator animatronics in the showboat scene has been missing for a year now. Previously, I would have assumed he is being repaired but, It is almost one month from the assumed closure of the ride (In January, ppl have speculated it will close.) I just don’t think he will be back before then at this point. I don’t understand bringing back an animatronic when the ride is closing soon. Does anyone know whats going on with this gator?. I asked ppl and some have speculated that he’s being tested to possibly be reused for Bayou Adventure. However, Disney has not said a word on what is happening to the now existing America Sings animatronics.
It was offensive to crocodiles.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
If they won't maintain the AA's that are used in Splash... why on earth would people think they'd re-use them in the re-theme?
I mean, right now there's a hen that's completely tipped over (The lump of feathers next to the pig)
Capture.PNG

Give it ten minutes and we'll have articles like "Animatronics ALREADY Broken on Tiana's Bayou Adventure!"

JoeCamel

If they won't maintain the AA's that are used in Splash... why on earth would people think they'd re-use them in the re-theme?
During the reskin they also refurb the mechanics. Sometimes you use different length actuators to effect different movement. No reason to maintain if they are going to be reskined

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom