Riviera first time stay

SamandplanningUK

Original Poster
Hi all,

I'm looking for tips/general opinions on staying at the Riviera. We have stayed at both PO resorts and Caribbean Beach before but this will be our first Deluxe resort. We are a family of 4 with a 15 year old and an 18 year old in a deluxe room (for the 3 separate beds). We were trying to book a 1 bedroom Villa at Old Key West but they were sold out for our dates so this was our next best available option for the same money.

I am looking forward to having skyliner access, but wary of the restaurants and theming, we are from the UK so the European theming is not particularly 'Disney' for us. We loved the theming and food at Port Orleans Riverside the most and our dream resort would be Wilderness Lodge but they don't have affordable rooms with 3 beds.

Thanks for reading this :)

nickys

Premium Member
Can’t offer any first hand tips. Although I do plan on visiting the resort and checking out the mosaics in the tunnel to the Skyliner station and also the photos of Walt on his travels in Europe.

A studio at Boulder Ridge Villas (at WL) would also give a third bed by the way. Or a studio at the Poly or GFV. But I don’t know when you’re coming as to whether availability would be like.

Chi84

Premium Member
Hi all,

I'm looking for tips/general opinions on staying at the Riviera. We have stayed at both PO resorts and Caribbean Beach before but this will be our first Deluxe resort. We are a family of 4 with a 15 year old and an 18 year old in a deluxe room (for the 3 separate beds). We were trying to book a 1 bedroom Villa at Old Key West but they were sold out for our dates so this was our next best available option for the same money.

I am looking forward to having skyliner access, but wary of the restaurants and theming, we are from the UK so the European theming is not particularly 'Disney' for us. We loved the theming and food at Port Orleans Riverside the most and our dream resort would be Wilderness Lodge but they don't have affordable rooms with 3 beds.

Thanks for reading this :)
We're staying there for the first time in May. I found some good YouTube videos of Riviera tours - you may want to try them for tips.

UNCgolf

Well, the Riviera isn't really themed (certainly not the way something like Port Orleans Riverside is), so I don't think you need to be concerned about that. It's much closer to a standard mid-high level American chain hotel than a themed Disney resort.

tired_photog

We did a split stay with 3 nights at the Riviera in March. I was really pleased with the resort. We also traveled with 2 teenagers so we were looking for 3 beds. The Deluxe Studio rooms are good size with a murphy bed and fold down bed under the tv for the kids. Wish it had sinks in both bathrooms like some other DVC properties to speed things along in the mornings. That was the only negative on the room.

The Skyliner made it super convenient to get to DHS. Unfortunately it broke down on our Epcot day so we ended up having to drive instead. Kind of defeated the purpose of staying at a Skyliner resort but that was our luck.

Dining at Primo Piatto quick service was super convenient. Wasn’t real crowded for either breakfast or dinner.

Grounds were beautiful, pools were nice. Decent slide at the themed pool. Would recommend the preferred view rooms for views of the Skyliner and water.

Would definitely stay there again. I’ve read complaints about the lack of theme but I found it to be very elegant with a lot of quality details throughout.

Enjoy your stay!

mf1972

we just had a 1 night stay a few weeks ago in a preferred deluxe studio. room was nice. very comfortable queen bed. cant comment on the pull down bed. nice bathroom. as mentioned, too bad it only has 1 sink. there’s 2 showers, but the walk in shower is great. nice size closet. it was bigger than what u get at the moderate resorts. u get a kitchenette & microwave with utensils. i think there was a toaster. the balcony gives u a very nice view of the swimming pool, lagoon, & caribbean beach resort.
we didn’t experience dining, but the quick service menu did look good. we did grab some coffee from the cafe in the lobbby which was good. they had a nice gift shop that seemed smaller vs the shop at POFQ.
we did take the skyliner to epcot & it’s very convenient. hope some of this helps. have a good time.

pdude81

Riviera studio is good for traveling with that mix. Having 2 showers helps and I've even slept in the trundle bed as a larger adult and been ok. Quick service food there is good, and the skyliner is great assuming it's running when you go.

Polynesian villas are also a good choice as they have the same sleeping and bathing options in studio. From there you walk to ttc for noonish access to MK and epcot.

Theming isn't as important to me for these trips. It's direct transportation or special experiences like savannah view rooms that make the most difference imo.

That being said, I still enjoy the theming at Riviera and recently stayed there for the third time.

tired_photog

Riviera studio is good for traveling with that mix. Having 2 showers helps and I've even slept in the trundle bed as a larger adult and been ok. Quick service food there is good, and the skyliner is great assuming it's running when you go.

Polynesian villas are also a good choice as they have the same sleeping and bathing options in studio. From there you walk to ttc for noonish access to MK and epcot.

Theming isn't as important to me for these trips. It's direct transportation or special experiences like savannah view rooms that make the most difference imo.

That being said, I still enjoy the theming at Riviera and recently stayed there for the third time.
I agree with you on the Polynesian Villas. I think they have the best room layout when traveling with older teens. Sinks and showers in both bathrooms give it a slight edge over Riviera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom